PDA

View Full Version : 10 Days with Water Park option

gerald72
07-02-2008, 07:52 AM
So let's say you get the 10 Day MYW tickets with the water parks and more option, with 10 water park visits, but you don't get the no expiration option.
If you visit one park a day for 10 days, and then 1 water park a day for 10 days (heck, let's say you even visit both water parks a day for 5 days) won't the tickets expire (14 days) even before you get to use them up(20 days/ 15 days in this example)?

merlinmagic4
07-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Yes, I think they would. This is an interesting question and one I haven't seen so I may be wrong! The tickets do have a 14 day expiration so I would assume on the 15th day they would be void.

disneymom15
07-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong. You don't get 10 water park and more options, I think it's 4 or 5 water park options.

WTDing
07-02-2008, 09:47 AM
I think your 15 day scenario actually works out and allows you to use all of your pluses.

I believe the policy is that tickets are good for 14 additional days after first use; actually giving you 15 days.

The 20 day scenario would not work and you would "lose" 5 plus options.

Yes you do get 1 plus option for each day of the MYW ticket.

Pop Centurion
07-02-2008, 10:54 AM
I understand what you're saying but most people use them on the same days they go to the regular parks. (Ex. TL in the morning then MK later that day)
Now that you get 10 days on a 10 day my way ticket w/ water parks & more option, it makes it harder to use up all those days.

GrumpyFan
07-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong. You don't get 10 water park and more options, I think it's 4 or 5 water park options.

There seems to be a lot of confusion on this, even Intercot's ticket sponsor, The official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/default.aspx?affid=TC21LBC) hasn't changed their site, and even Disney doesn't do a very good job of explaining it either. The above, used to be the policy, but I think it was changed last year to be 1 for 1, meaning you also get one entry to a water park or Pleasure Island for each day you purchased. So, really, you could theoretically get 14 or 15 entries to a "park" at WDW, but you would be limited to 10 entries at the 4 major, and/or 10 entries to the water parks or any combination thereof. I've never heard of anybody actually trying this though. I would be interested to know if it actually works.

jonahbear2006
07-02-2008, 11:33 AM
I thought that they expired two weeks after date of check out!?! Yes, you only get to visit 5 times to the waterpark.that makes 15 days. So it works out and since the water parks close at 5, you could actually use Disneyquest in the evening as well, to use up a day.

CleveRocks
07-02-2008, 12:06 PM
I hate to say it, but just about everything in the above posts is inaccurate.

Nowadays, when you buy the WPF&M add-on, you get as many WPF&M admissions as you do theme park days. The only exception to this is the 1-day theme park pass ... when you purchase the WPF&M add-on with that ticket you get 2 WPF&M admissions.

So to spell it out ... a 10-day theme park pass with the the WPF&M add-on gives you 10 WPF&M admissions. FACT.

Without purchasing the No Expiration option, all entitlements on MYW tickets expire 14 days from first use. The first time you use a ticket is Day One, not Day Zero. It's 14 days total, not 14 days plus your first day. If you first use a ticket on July 1, all entitlements on that ticket will expire at the end of July 14. That's a TOTAL of 14 days of use.

As far as a 10-day theme park ticket with the WPF&M option not lasting 20 days ... this isn't a problem. You can use a WPF&M admission, and in fact multiple WPF&M admissions, on the same day as you use a theme park day.

For example, on Monday you go to Magic KIngdom in the morning. That afternoon you go to Blizzard Beach and that evening you go to Disney Quest. On Monday, you used 1 theme park day and 2 WPF&M admissions.

As you can tell by what I just wrote, the WPF&M admissions work differently than the theme park days. Notice I used the words WPF&M "admissions" and theme park "days" ... these are very specific words.

Without the park hopper option, you can only go to one theme park in a single day. In other words, without a park hopper, if you go to Magic KIngdom on Tuesday morning you can't use another theme park day from your ticket to go to Epcot Tuesday afternoon ... the Epcot turnstile won't unlock and you'll be denied admission.

But the WPF&M admissions don't work that way. For example, on Wednesday, you can go to Animal Kingdom in the morning, then Typhoon Lagoon in late morning, then Blizzard Beach in the afternoon, then Disney Quest in the evening, and finally the nightclubs at Pleasure Island late that night. On Wednesday, you used 1 theme park day and 4 WPF&M admissions.

If you go to Typhoon Lagoon and the nightclubs at Pleasure Island on Thursday, you used two WPF&M admissions and zero theme park days.

I hope this clarifies everything.

gerald72
07-07-2008, 07:04 AM
If the first day you used the ticket is Friday, July 1st, and the tickets expire two weeks later, wouldn't that be Friday, July 15th? That would give you all day each of those days, 15 days, to use the tickets.

CleveRocks
07-07-2008, 02:54 PM
If the first day you used the ticket is Friday, July 1st, and the tickets expire two weeks later, wouldn't that be Friday, July 15th? That would give you all day each of those days, 15 days, to use the tickets.You get 14 total consecutive days to use tickets.

One week is Sunday to Saturday, not Sunday to Sunday. Or, to keep it in your language from above, one week is Friday through Thursday, not Friday through Friday.

Therefore, two weeks is Friday through the end of the second Thursday; Friday through the end of the third Friday would be 15 days, 2 weeks and 1 day.

The tickets are good for 14 days, not 15 days.

I hope this clears things up rather than confusing things more.:mickey: