PDA

View Full Version : May Travelers - First Holiday Trip

SleepinB
07-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks to year round school schedules, we have had the fortune to travel to WDW during May. At the end of this year we hope to make our first trip to WDW during the Holiday Season. We are looking forward to all of the more well known Holiday magic like the Osborne Lights.

Recently, I heard a WDW podcast discussion of WDW during the Holidays. During the podcast, one of the hosts mentioned their tradition of getting eggnog fudge on Main Street as that was the only time of the year that it is available. That got me wondering what other special items December travel veterans have experienced that May travel newbies might otherwise miss.

What special Holiday magic do you make sure not to miss when visiting during the Holiday Season at WDW?

Beast_fanatic
07-01-2008, 11:24 PM
The first thing that came to mind was snow on Main Street (during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party)...

And, the second was gingerbread from the gingerbread house in the Grand Floridian...

RockinRollerMom
07-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Like you I had traveled before in May and last year we went the first week of December for the first time. I don't know if we will ever go back in May! We loved Disney at christmastime. My #1 would definitely be the Osborne lights. It totally took my breath away. I had seen pictures and videos on youtube before I went but until you actually see it with your own eyes you don't understand how truely magical it is. It brought a tear to both mine and DH's eyes. Disney magic at it's best if you ask me. Grab some hot chocolate and take your time walking up and down the streets.

We also loved MVMCP. It was awesome to see it "snowing" on main st. The parade was the best that I had ever seen at Disney.

Have a blast!!!!!

peemagg
07-02-2008, 10:16 AM
For those of you who go to MVMCP, don't forget to get the special pins that they sell only during the event. I believe that they also sell special pins for the other parties.

SleepinB
08-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Just putting it back on the board for more responses.