PDA

View Full Version : What was this attraction called

Mad About Mickey
07-01-2008, 07:02 PM
:confused::confused::confused: I seem to remember back in the late 80's there was an indoor attraction where you sat and watched a sychronized water & light show behind plexiglass. It was classical music, Handel's Water Music perhaps? More likely than not it wasn't at Disney at all, maybe Universal Studios. My DW says I'm crazy :crazy:, no such attraction existed. Does anyone remember this attraction? :confused::confused::confused:

disneydeb
07-01-2008, 08:39 PM
I remember something like that, but I am thinking it wasn't Disney. Could it have been SeaWorld?

Love of Disney
07-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Sorry...don't remember that one!!
:cool:

Mad About Mickey
07-01-2008, 09:24 PM
I remember something like that, but I am thinking it wasn't Disney. Could it have been SeaWorld?

Yes, in 88 or 89 we visited, WDW, Universal and Sea World so it could easily have been at Sea World.

VAdizneefan
07-01-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm thinking Sea World but I don't remember it being behind plexiglass. It was near where you walk over the bridge to Shamu if I remember correctly. Not sure what it was called though.

disneydeb
07-01-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm at a loss as to the name of the attraction, but I can remember it being in a theater and air conditioned. I can remember thinking ,"If we had planned better, we would have hit this in the early afternoon." We were there first thing in the morning and it was July.:thedolls:
It was definitely Sea World.

trackbarroness
07-02-2008, 04:50 AM
That might have been at Wiki wachi(sp), and it might have had something to do with mermaids? Or was it Cyprus Gardens?

Mad About Mickey
07-02-2008, 11:05 PM
I never went to Weeki Wachee or Cypress Gardens so it wasn't there. I think disneydeb is on to something with Sea World. I googled Sea World and water show and found a number of references to a Sparklett's water show, even some old footage on You Tube. Since I only went to Sea World the one time I'm sure that's why I have such a vauge memory of the attraction. Had it been at Universal or WDW I would have been more apt to see it since I made multiple visits to both parks. If anyone else has memories of this show I'd love to hear more :).

disneydeb
07-02-2008, 11:41 PM
I asked my daughter about it and she remember it being at Sea World too. She didn't remember the name of the show either. In fact she said she probably yould have not remembered it if I had not described it so well.
You have peaked my curiosity. Let me know if you remember more.

RAIDER
07-03-2008, 03:57 AM
Seaworld did something of that sort but i certainly remember Cypress Gardens producing a water show of which you are describing as i saw water shows at each of these parks however i saw them in the mid 90s :thumbsup:

sisterdisco
07-03-2008, 01:37 PM
Yep. It was definitely Sea World. You went into a theatre and there were fountains that danced to classical music, and they had colored lights that changed. I was a kid back then and didn't care for it much. My parents bought the music that went to it. Can't recall the name of the show.

Capt. Sparrow
07-08-2008, 02:24 PM
This show was called the Sparkletts 4 Season show. It was sponsored by Sparkletts Water.

Hope this helps! :donald:

NJGIRL
07-15-2008, 11:41 AM
I have never seen that show but if anyone is interested....The Living Waters Theater in Lancaster PA has a show that sounds very similar. It is the colored water fountains "dancing" to classical or depending what time of year that you go Christmas music.

Mad About Mickey
07-15-2008, 06:44 PM
This show was called the Sparkletts 4 Season show. It was sponsored by Sparkletts Water.

Hope this helps! :donald:

Thanks, now I can tell my DW I'm not crazy :crazy: .

I have never seen that show but if anyone is interested....The Living Waters Theater in Lancaster PA has a show that sounds very similar. It is the colored water fountains "dancing" to classical or depending what time of year that you go Christmas music.

We were actually at Sesame Place in Langhorne this past weekend on our way back from a non Disney vacation and the 2 day ticket was the same price as a 1 day ticket. We plan on taking a long weekend in the fall to go back to Sesame Place for the second day and we were going to do something else in PA as well. I'll look into The Living Waters, thanks NJGIRL :cool: .

NJGIRL
07-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Your welcome!