PDA

View Full Version : Sneakers or Sandals for Sm Kids in Late August

LeeAnn
07-01-2008, 06:28 PM
What would be best...

Sneakers (w/ socks) or sandals in late August?

DD5, DS4, DD2 will be strollers for part of the day. With the heat, they run through those sprinkers to cool off. Is it better to be sandals so when wet it drys faster? Or sneaker give better support, needed on long walking days?

Minnie Imagineer
07-01-2008, 06:34 PM
I would personally go with sneakers for the little ones...or you could try crocs*, its the best of both worlds! I wouldn't do sandals since they could fall off on rides and the kids might be slower in sandals
*even though I do not like crocs for myself (or any adult), they are cute on small kids! :D

EmmMOM2
07-01-2008, 06:52 PM
We've ALWAYS done sneakers for our little ones. Support is much more important with all the walking etc. I find I cant even wear sandals or flip flops in WDW or i end up with blisters on my heels. So i bring sandals for everyone and only use those when going to the pool at our hotel.
Parks = Sneakers .... for us anyway!!

mouseketeer mom
07-01-2008, 07:09 PM
I think sneakers are always a great option, but its amazine how much hotter one can feel while wearing them in the scorching summer Florida heat!
For my kids, especially when they were younger like yours, I got them good sandals weeks ahead of time. Good sandals like Nike ones..blue or black for my son, and something prettier for my girls. They are really good walking sandals that are supportive, but can get wet (for all of those fountains!!) and help keep the feet cool. Nike is a good brand for kids sandals and sometimes sketchers too.
But..we always break them in weeks before the trip!!

RockinRollerMom
07-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Another vote here for a well broken in pair of sneakers. They have better support and they are less likely to get blisters.

sonkist32
07-02-2008, 10:21 AM
why not both? Just put the sneakers on when not getting wet or not in the stroller.

crazypoohbear
07-02-2008, 10:39 AM
both. just carry the sandals in a small bag tied to the stroller.
Remember when wearing sandals to sunscreen the tops of their feet!!!

thrillme
07-02-2008, 12:35 PM
If you're going to have a stroller then take both. Oddly enough I have found CROCS to be excellent. Please note that I've tried some "similar" brands that looked like Crocs but weren't and I ended up with blisters.

My DS was the first to get a pair of Crocs. He wore them out. When I got him a second pair I was curious to try them (his foots the same size as mine now)...I had tried OTHER types and they always left me with blisters. I was surprised that they were rather comfortable.

brownie
07-02-2008, 02:14 PM
I'd go with sneakers. You could bring sandals with you for splashing in the water, but I'd stick to sneakers for everything else.

Disney Doll
07-02-2008, 02:17 PM
Another vote for sneakers. I just don't think sandals would be comfortable for an entire day of park walking. I like the idea of bringing sandals in a bag for water play.

tink'72
07-02-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm usually a sneaker believer for the little ones but I just bought my little guy Cali Gear and I heard they are great. He's breaking them in now for our trip in 24 days!:cloud9: