PDA

View Full Version : Best "Monorail Lunch"

Goes4FastPass
07-01-2008, 04:55 PM
We're attending MVMCP on a day we won't be using a park hopper.

I'd like to have a late as possible lunch at a monorail resort or WL then after some MK area resort holiday decoration viewing make our way to MK for the 4pm go in time.

What's the best MK area resort lunch?

Thanks!

SBETigg
07-01-2008, 05:03 PM
The Grand Floridian Cafe is one of our favorite lunch places in all of WDW.

WishingStar2006
07-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Kona Cafe is nice at the Poly and there is always Whispering Canyon at the WL.

Have fun!

medic9016
07-01-2008, 05:47 PM
The Grand Floridian Cafe is one of our favorite lunch places in all of WDW.

I'll second this vote. We ate there again a few weeks ago.

TammiMcMan
07-01-2008, 07:06 PM
My suggestion is to start at the WL for viewing holiday decorations, then come back over to the monorail resorts. It will just be easier for you getting back into the MK for MVMCP.

As for where to eat, my first choice would be the GF Cafe, followed by Kona in a close 2nd.

Tinkerbellfan
07-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Lunch at Kona Cafe is always one of our favorite lunches. But, this trip, we are also excited to try the new restaurant at the CR, The Wave.

We also enjoy lunches at Wispering Canyon!

mouseketeer mom
07-01-2008, 09:03 PM
I vote for the Kona cafe for lunch, then to the GF and WL for holiday decoration viewing before the party. The CR had a neat holiday exhibit this past year..it was a Pinochio scene made completely out of sugar. It was neat.

Simbajr4ever
07-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Do not under - estimate the crowds doing the exactly same thing. We have stayed at the mk resorts a couple of times and from the CR where lucky we could walk to mk, the monorail was packed. The poly, we had to wait a couple of monorials.

Make sure you have an adr. and give yourself enough time if you want to be there at 4pm.

TammiMcMan
07-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Do not under - estimate the crowds doing the exactly same thing. We have stayed at the mk resorts a couple of times and from the CR where lucky we could walk to mk, the monorail was packed. The poly, we had to wait a couple of monorials.

Make sure you have an adr. and give yourself enough time if you want to be there at 4pm.:thumbsup: You did a much better job going into details than me, but that's exactly why I suggested starting the tour at WL instead of ending there for a late lunch.

Kairi_7378
07-02-2008, 07:32 AM
I agree with Tammi's suggestion about starting your decoration tour at the WL. For lunch, I'd go to Kona Cafe or the Grand Floridian Cafe (depending on where else you're dining during your trip.) It sounds like you have a nice evening planned!