PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break or May?

Janet89
07-01-2008, 03:41 PM
I am planning a trip for 2009 and trying to decide between these two time frames. Our school has never really had an actual spring break, just a long weekend. They have one scheduled for 2009, though, March 12-20. We currently are slated to get out of school on May 14, with the 22nd being the latest with snow days. Snow days may also impact spring break.
I realize March is peak season and probably will be busier. I would like to go when temps are milder. I appreciate any advice!!

gwfx1031
07-01-2008, 04:40 PM
We went mid-May one visit and it was perfect. the weather was warm, but not unbearable and it was between the spring break and summer crowds so it was not packed.

mermaidmarian
07-01-2008, 05:44 PM
May all the way! It is my favorite month to visit Disney. If you go earlier in the month, it is still relatively quiet, as most schools are still in session (although you will encounter quite a few field trips) and the weather, in my experience, has been outstanding.

E-OR
07-01-2008, 05:52 PM
We have been a couple times during spring break and a couple times in May. Spring break is busy but if it is the week before or after Easter it is really crowded. The weather is nice but we don't like the crowds. May is my favorite time to visit. The weather is nice not so humid and crowd levels are manageable. You will love May.

Guya103
07-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Without a doubt, May! We went once during the "spring break season" back in 1993 and have never gone at that time since. We are from Michigan and still managed to see too many people we knew! For me, that's no vacation!:mickey:

SleepinB
07-01-2008, 09:26 PM
May all the way!

We love traveling to WDW in May. The temperatures are manageable and the crowds are significantly smaller than spring break.