PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst on your last trip?

mom2morgan
07-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Which meal did you most like, and for what reason? Which were you not so impressed with? From my last trip:
BEST: princess lunch at Akershus. The food was good (I was afraid it would be too "ethnic" for me- my hubby is Danish and really wanted the fish and such...me, not so much...but I had a great chicken dish and the kids all found somethng they liked). The Atmosphere there is gorgeous and felt very much like a castle, and the princesses spent quite a bit of time with my girls. But oddly, what REALLY stands out is that our waiter was SO funny and charming. My 15 year old son felt a TAD out of place at a princess meal, but the server was kidding around with him so much that he had a GREAT time, and even finally ended up hamming it up and getting his picture taken with Jasmine (after the waiter pointed out how jealous his friends would be to see him with an *ahem* scantily clad princess!).

WORST: The Trail's End Buffeteria. I didn't find much there that I enjoyed eating - the food was only "so-so". I think our experience was most soured by how hard it was to get there - taking a boat from the Magic Kingdom at the same time as people were heading to the Hoop-Dee-Hoo. We were tired and cranky and missed our reservation by nearly an hour.The place was crowded and noisy, and we were already stressed. BUT on the plus side, they were very gracious about getting us IN even though we technically missed our reservation, so I appreciated that. All the way there, I was on the edge of tears imagining making the whole brutal trip (we stood in line for a ferry for over an hour both ways) and then being turned away hungry on our very first day of our very first visit!

MickeyMousse
07-01-2008, 12:17 PM
BEST: The Yachtsman Steakhouse! :thumbsup: The food was wonderful, our waiter was fantastic-we didn't have to ask for anything, he was on top of everything!-the best meal ever. (our 2 DS's 5 and 10 at the time agree!):cloud9:

WORST: Cap'n Jacks. The food was cold (we sent back lobster-it was obviously nuked and became rubber band like) , our waitress admitted she was at the end of her shift and rushed us to decide on everything (we should have known, taken the hint and left!), my choc lava cake had no lava :confused: ....it was just a bad experience.

Kairi_7378
07-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Best: CA Grill during Hallowishes. Loved it. Artists' Point gets an honorable mention here.

Worst: Columbia Harbor House on our last day. Lunch was great during the Keys to the Kingdom tour but was very greasy when we came back a few days later.

Donald Duck 001
07-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Best: Fulton's Crab House. The seafood is so good. :thumbsup: The King Crab's Claws are my favorite. We had a window seat and could look out onto the lake outside right as the sun was setting.We ate here on our honeymoon and than went to see Cirque afterwards. The great food and the awsome show, it was a memorable evening. We eat at Fulton's ever visit to Disney.

Worst: Tony's Town Square. I still don't know how you can mess up a simple dish as Spaghetti and Meatballs. :ack:Awful. After being told a 5 min. wait, we were finally seated 45 mins later. Our food was rushed. Bad Bad Bad.
A close second would be California Grill, if not for Wishes this meal would have been a disaster. By far the worst service at Disney I have ever had.

IloveDisney71
07-01-2008, 12:53 PM
BEST: LeCellier - the food was perfect and our waiter is the best I've ever had at a Disney rest. He was very helpful, attentive, and funny. He was so wonderful that I emailed Disney to let them know how great he was...but I can't think of his name right now.
Worst: Sadly it was Liberty Tree Tavern. I've always had GREAT experiences here but we were very disappointed this trip. All of the food was cold, the meat was chewy, the service was slow and we had to ask for things more than once. Some of the characters were rushing past our table and seemed inconvienced when we asked for pictures.

kadesha
07-01-2008, 12:58 PM
On our last trip, all of our TS meals were character meals, so here goes!

BEST-Garden Grill: The food was awesome!! We loved the catfish and the desserts! The kids really enjoyed decorating their own cupcakes with frosting, mickey sprinkles, and gummy worms. This restaurant, by far, has the best character interaction. Plus, our ADR was at 6:00 and we missed it because we had to take our daughter to the hospital. We got there right after they had closed for the night, but after explaining our situation, they gladly let us in. It's like we had the characters to ourselves!

WORST-Hollywood and Vine: We ate here for the character lunch. It was terrible. The worst buffet we've ever had at Disney. It was too crowded and unorganized. We were there for an hour and a half and only 2 of the characters ever made their way to our table. It was terrible, we will never go here again.

bruin1344
07-01-2008, 01:01 PM
BEST - Rose & Crown

WORST - ABC Commissionary

SBETigg
07-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Best: California Grill. We had an amazing meal. Unique dishes, exquisitely prepared and presented, attentive service, and breathtaking atmosphere. Close second, Narcoossee's.

Worst: Kona Cafe. With all the raves here, we had high expectations that fell very flat, with many dishes overcooked or undercooked, too bland, poorly presented, awful service, and no unique atmosphere. It was like dining in the Poly lobby, which is nice in itself, but not special for a dining experience. To be honest, I have a much better time just hanging out in the Poly lobby.

prttynpnk
07-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Best: Boma! Generally we're not buffet people, but the variety and quality is so good!

Worst: well, the last trip was stellar, so I will go to the trip before it:
Cap'n Jacks- lousy service, lot od 'outs' on the menu and a rushed feel

elmjimmlm
07-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Best-Sci Fi...not really the food it was the great time that we had there...

Worst-Crystal Palace Breakfast...I thought that the food was not the greatest and the characters were not at their best...I did enjoy being in the park before opening...:mickey:

Sunshine1010
07-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Best: CA Grill and Narcoossee's
Worst: Hollywood Vine and LTT

Mackflava99
07-01-2008, 03:29 PM
best was Spoodles- Surprisingly

Worst was the luau

To read more-
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=136888

biodtl
07-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Best: Boma, hands down. The food was fantastic - my favorite for sure. CRT breakfast would be a close second - the food was really good, our server was fantastic and the experience for DD made me cry.

Worst: I have to be honest - this trip didn't have a worst. Every meal we ate was good, whether CS or TS and the service was really good everywhere we went. Although, I tend to be pretty happy when in WDW and probably look at mediocre food like, "hey - mediocre food in WDW - yay!"

Disneyatic
07-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Best--1900 Park Fare breakfast @ Grand Floridian Cafe. Their biscuits and gravy were wonderful, we had a great server and Alice & the Madhatter were a hoot!

Worst--Dinner at 1900 Park Fare during refurb @ the Grand Floridian Cafe
The food was WAY over done, as in they tried too hard to make it flavorful and it ended up being over the top. I ordered the shrimp & asparagus pasta and the smell of it about knocked me off of my chair!
The worst was our server, he suggested to DD that she get orange juice as her drink, I told him that she wanted a coke (she doesn't drink orange juice) and he actually started lecturing me for encouraging a child to drink soda instead of juice! I was shocked......I know sodas arent the best choice, but I am the parent here! :nono:This was at the beginning of the meal and ruined the whole experience for me.

Giselle
07-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Best: Boma - I love the variety. Zebra Domes are to die for.

Worse: Akerhus, yuk. Unseasoned fish for me, undercooked pasta for DD, burnt porkchops for DH. But we got to see princesses and the desserts weren't as bad.

lighteningqueen
07-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Best O'hanas

Worst: Gotta say 3 go ahead and yell
Boma Horrible
San Angels Nasty
Trails End Cold Bland
In this order

Crow
07-01-2008, 04:47 PM
last trip
best FF & CG. red snapper at FF was great, sushi & flatbread at CG was great
worst-pizza delivery at Shades of Green....it was deliverd literally like 10 min within order. i ate it but...
hm otherwise. well the birds at R&C eating leftovers a few tables away.
Le Cellier. Im sorry the food is not bad but I dont think its worth the trouble trying to get in.
& it sorta reminds me of a cellar. Ive eaten here lots of times & used to love it, but wont b eating there next trip

Septbride2002
07-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Hmmm....

The Best was probably ESPN Club - not so much because of the quality of the food but because I had a chicken wing craving that needed to be quelched. We had a lot of fun here though and the Chicken wings were yummy! Second best was Tokoyo Dinning.

The Worst - on our last trip we really didn't have a "worst" but on our trip before we ate at the American Pavillion at Epcot and what an embarssment. Can we not put in a cool American resturant to go to in our own pavillion - or at least make decent food in the CS section?

~Amanda

jordy2028
07-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Loved Sandwich of Earl at DTD and Pizza at POR Riverside Mill was to die for!!! Also, Whispering Canyons Cafe was a hoot! Loved the atmosphere more than the food; maybe we should have ordered off the menu instead of having the Skillet Meal.

Worst - for us it was Bomas'; we're very picky eaters and since I was congested, taste buds just weren't working!

wdwfansince75
07-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Just back....

Best was Birthday dinner on June 20 at Kona Cafe....I had the Mahi Mahi, and love it.....DW had the Teriyaki Steak, and thought it was about the best steak she ever had....BF had the Filet and thought it as good as she had ever had. I sampled both their meals, and they were right!

Worst....Many will consider this blasphemy....LeCellier.....Huge platters with small servings of tough beef or even smaller servings of Pork with cold noodles. Only DGD#3, who had the pizza, enjoyed her meal. Extremely disappointing after enjoying it so much on trips in 2005 and 2006. Will skip it on next trip!

mouseketeer mom
07-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Best: California Grill and Coral Reef
Worst: Tony's..food was cold and BLAND

GBBT
07-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Best:Concourse Steakhouse.Great food.My 10 year old DS sent his compliments to the chef.Claudia was an exceptional server.:D Worst:Coral Reef.Food wasn't that great.When waitress found out we were on the DP she decided we didn't need her services.We had to ask the other servers for help. :mad:

VolMickey
07-01-2008, 09:54 PM
:simba: :tink: BEST: Boma, Jiko, Cinderella's Royal Table. I loved the spices at the AKL restaurants. The combination of experience and food at CRT was a great experience. That said we're planning to go back to AKL, but not CRT -- been there done that.

:bug: WORST: CS at EPCOT. I like the sit-down stuff better than the $20 hamburgers (OK, so I exaggerate a bit).

henry.james.s
07-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Last trip in April 2008...

Best: As always California Grill & Flying Fish equally. Always GREAT food and sevice second to none. I've lost count on how many times I've been to both and I've NEVER EVER been disappointed in any way. :number1:

Worst..Really none but I can honestly say of all the "Signature" locations The Yachtsman Steakhouse has been average at best in both food quality & service.
I'll take the Steak @ FF over any @ YS ANYTIME.

RockinRollerMom
07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Best- I had to pick two.
1. 1900 Park Fare breakfast. the food was great and it was our first time at this character meal. The mad hatter was a hoot we still laugh thinking about him pulling my DD's pony tails in the air. Plus it was during christmas time and we got to see the gingerbread house. BONUS!!

2. Cape May clambake buffet. Always a favorite of ours and a must do. We were not disappointed. The clams were melt in your mouth delish as always

The Worst-
Well, we didn't really have a bad expierence but Grand Floridian Cafe was just alright. The filets were much better at the coral reef and at Kona. Plus they do the "mini" deserts which I feel is one of Disney's way to not make the DP such a great savings. Definetly not high on the list to go back to, but wouldn't frown upon going back either.

Dragongirlx
07-02-2008, 04:33 AM
Best - Cosmic Rays at MK I have never had a bad meal here and I love the topping bar

Worst - Fish and chips from the UK in Epcot.
This fish was bland and tasted of nothing, the batter was soggy and the chips (fries to you Americans and Canadians) were only so so.
I am from the UK and was deepley disappointed I know they can do better than this

Lightnin McQueen
07-02-2008, 05:54 AM
:thumbsup: BOMA - Atmosphere, servers, soups and a wide variety of fdelicious food. We love buffets.

:down: R&C - As the previous poster, I too am from the UK and the Fish & Chips were awful and expensive. Bad enough for us to throw them in the bin and go spend some more money on Dinner.

BOMA in AKL is a great experience. The atmosphere and architecture you see as you walk through the Lobby to BOMA is truly awesome.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

yjgirl715
07-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Best- Coral Reef- we had very good service and our food was great! Plus the view was great.

Worst- Mickey's Backyard BBQ- but we got there a little late so the food was a little chilled- but as soon as they brought out more we went up to get our food and it was a lot better. So part our fault. The show was great the character interaction was good- but very crowded.

laward32
07-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Our last trip Oct 26-Nov 2, 2007

Best: Whispering Canyon Cafe
The food was great. The atmosphere terrific and our waitress was very rude to my dad (it was wonderful to watch, you had to be there). My girls got to be loud and rude if they wanted to without getting in trouble. They loved it. Can't wait to go back.

Worst: Tony's Town Square
We ate there there on the 30th before the MNSSHP. It was cool because all of the waitstaff looked life zombie's. Our waiter was just so so, the food was awful and they weren't even that busy.

MickeyandTink
07-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Best: Akershus for dinner. The food was fantastic, the service even better. And DD loved all the princesses. It was one of two must do agains for the trip this year. CM was the other and was DW's favorite.

Worst: Probably Coral Reef. The atmosphere was great (we were next to the glass on the aquarium), but the food was only fair and the service was horrible. It should not take 2 hours for dinner (after being seated). We may go again some time in the future to give it another chance because the atmosphere is really cool, but it will be a few trips down the road.

Belle_0717
07-02-2008, 01:25 PM
In March '08:
Best: BOMA! Was skeptical at first but after a wonderful dinner, signed up for an ADR for breakfast. Best choices this trip!
Worst: Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare: Food was okay. Omelets worked. Server was lost for most of the visit and characters didn't want to play to the "BIG" kids - Tigger and Pooh were the best!

I am questioning Coral Reef for 3rd anniversary dinner in Oct (106 days!). This is the first time we have gotten an ADR for any of our trips.

From Oct 07: H&V Breakfast was wonderful. Get the earliest possible seating. The food is great and characters spend lots of time with guests.

H&V: Haven't cared for the dinner since Feb '03 and '04. Food is blah! Better to hit any CS for the same food.

Guya103
07-02-2008, 02:06 PM
BEST- Crystal Palace. Just happened that everything went as smooth as butter. Food was great, we were seated immediately and had great service.

WORST- Kona Cafe. This was such a let down. After hearing so many wonderful reviews, we had to try it. We found the food to be average at best and the service was horrible!

Young@Heart
07-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Best-1900 Park Fare dinner. Getting there was a horrible experience (we drove, parked in the guest resort area, and as we started walking...HUGE DOWNPOUR!!!). But the food was amazing, the character wonderful, and we quickly forgot we were soaking wet. :cloud9:

Worst- a tie between Whipsering Canyon and Sci-Fi. The food was okay at WC, but the service was horrible and DH never wants to try it again. Sci-Fi's atmosphere was great as always, but the food didn't impress us at all. However, I'm sure we'll return here on another trip b/c DC really enjoy the cars and the movie clips.

jszczur5
07-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Best - Le Cellier. The food was excellent, the service was outstanding, and the desserts were to-die-for. The best creme brulee I have ever had. Le Cellier was my husband's only request when I was making ADR's for our upcoming trip.

Worst - Sci-Fi. The server insisted we order drinks, apps, entrees and desserts all at once. Drink refills were almost impossible to get. The entrees were cold. The dessert was warm, which is not quite how you want your ice cream sundaes to be. My sons and husband just drank them like milkshakes. We are taking my brother's family to Disney this year, and only plan on popping into Sci-Fi for milkshakes in the mid afternoon, so they can experience the atmosphere. I would never again waste a dining credit here.

CardCollector
07-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Best: Turf Bar & Grill at Saratoga Springs. Food was the best we had. The service was very helpful. They gave us plenty of insight on things to do/try while staying at Disney. Very relaxing place to eat.

We ended up eating there 4 different times during our stay.

Worst: Coral Reef -- The view was great. Everything else was bad. I had a steak and it was so bad I couldn't eat it. The service was ok, but the food just didn't taste good at all. Didn't enjoy people running by our table to take pictures of the fish. There were times they would bump into the table and didn't seem to care at all. Also, it was very loud in there.

jonahbear2006
07-02-2008, 03:53 PM
best- Akershus
worst- Royal table

Gator
07-02-2008, 04:18 PM
December of 2006

BEST: Le Cellier-it was our first time to try it and it was great!

WORST: Cantina de San Angel-I didn't want to go there because of the horrible food and service we got at San Angel Inn in 2002. But my wife wanted Mexican. They clearly don't know how to do Mexican food. It was disgusting. It's rare when I won't eat what was cooked for me, and this was one of those times.

Georgesgirl1
07-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Best: Ohana by far. The Scalloped Potatoes were the best and i hope they bring them back.

Worst: Liberty Tree Tavern. My meal was good, but DH felt like he spent $12 on a frozen Stouffer's Dinner (and considering it's sponsor he may have)! I was disappointed b/c in the past this has always been a favorite of ours.

Kristin

jillluvsdisney
07-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Last trip was November 07.

BEST....Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. We loved everything we ordered. The service was wonderful. We all got a champagne toast for our birthdays and the dining room manager even stopped to chat with us.

WORST....Crystal Palace breakfast buffet. The food was wonderful. The service was horrible and rude. It was our birthday breakfast. The waiter was so horrible, I left in tears.

Marceline
07-02-2008, 07:02 PM
BEST: Kona Cafe, made a spur of the moment lunch resssie due to CP being unnervingly overcrowded and was pleasantly surprised. The duck pot stickers knocked me off my feet and the banana creme' brulee was the best version of creme brulee I have ever had.

WORST: Tony's Town Square, so-so service and boring food. I don't know how you can make Italian food bland but they did. The desserts were also a let down. This place needs some culinary sparkle....the setting is lovely but the food is not.

andmomlau
07-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Mmmm? It's hard to think of a worst, but here are our votes from last July's trip:

BEST: LeCellier, hands down! The filet was absolutely wonderful, both desserts were delicious and the service and the atmosphere, although close quarters, was the best. Can't wait to go again this August!
WORST: Not actually bad, but just disappointing from our trips a few years back, would be CAPE MAY CAFE at the BC. We remembered the shrimp, caesar salad and the desserts as being much better than they were on this trip...not bad, just disappointing!

AdventurerKim
07-03-2008, 08:03 PM
BEST--Le Cellier (always!)

WORST--Captain Jack's (from November 2006); no worst meal on last trip November 2007

brewcrew26
07-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Best: Artist Point. The service and the food was stellar. It's a gem on the properties. I enjoyed everything about it. The selection of wines and the wine flight made pairings a breeze. A complimentary appetizer and champagne toast coupled with personalized menus were great touches.

Worst: Prime Time Cafe. The service was mediocre. She seemed very overstretched and not really in character. The food was forgettable, nothing out of the ordinary. I probably could've made a better pot roast. Plus, I found our table very drafty and it was a warm day and we weren't seated under an A/C. I'm not normally cold, but I needed a jacket. (And suddenly, I just turned 80...)

Diznee4Me
07-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Best: A tie between LeCellier (wow - melt in your mouth steak) and Cindy's Royal Table our last trip. The food was great but the service was phenomenal.

Worst: I believe it was called Alfredo's - the former Italian restaurant in EPCOT. Food bland, loud & obnoxious atmosphere, and they sat us next to the kitchen table - I was constantly bumped into the entire meal. Glad Alfredo's is gone.

pianobabe
07-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Best: Is Narcoossee's. DH and I have eaten here over the past couple of years for our anniversary and it has yet to disappoint us. Neither of us can wait to go back this September.
Worst: For this trip only, it was Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. Our trips to LTT in the past have been excellent. This past September, the service was awful (very slow), the food wasn't all that great, and the characters (except for Chip) hardly spent any time at all with us. Since all of our other meals there have been excellent, we are going back again this year.
We did not eat there on our last trip, but our over all worst meals have been at San Angel Inn. We have eaten there twice on different trips and for us it is consistently bad. That is one place we will never go back too.

xipetotec
07-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Liked most:
Jiko - Awesome meal
Le Cellier - Awesome food, interesting setting
50's Prime Time - good food, Super fun experience

Dissapointed:
Yak and Yeti TS - Food left something to be desired. setting is nice though
Crystal Palace - didn't HATE it or anything. But it was just "okay"
Cosmic Rays - What have they done to the burgers?!?!?!? They used to be so good!!! :(

lightyearfan
07-05-2008, 02:08 PM
wow lets see this one for me and dw is pretty easy, the best experience on our last trip was Tutto Italia, the food was outstanding and the service was top notch, we were on the Deluxe DDP so our waitress would just come back every few minutes just to refill our drinks, the service is night and day better than what it used to be.

the worst experience was encountered the very next night at Tony's Town Square, now we used to frequent Tony's back in our past 90's trips, we went for the first time in 95 and we weren't impressed at all so we gave it another try in the following year, only to get the same results. we didn't go back until Dec of 07,(lunch) it seemed liked the menu had changed and we were getting tired of our stand by The Plaza, so we said let's give it another shot. to our suprise it was really good so good that we decided to give a shot for dinner on our trip just a few a weeks ago. well that was a mistake, the food was horrible, i ordered the stake and it was cold, the potatoes that came with it were hard as rocks and my dw meal of chicken parm wasn't any better. the service was decent, but that was it. it's pretty safe to say that me and dw will not go back to Tony's unless they make a change of ownership like they did to Alfredo's at Epcot. now i know that some of you might say well why not just send the food back, well we all know what chefs do when food is sent back, just because we're in WDW that doesn't mean that chefs will treat it any differently, we weren't going to take any chances.

Victor

Minnie Imagineer
07-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Best: Cinderella's Royal Table!
Breakfast: I loved the 'cold dish' it came in a huge bowl and had tons of different fruit, yogurt and granola!
Dinner: lavander chicken, castle salad, and poached pear for dessert!

Other bests include- Rainforest Cafe, 1900 P.F., habachi at Japan, Chef Mickey's (b-fast) & Ghirardelli's!!

Worst: Whispering Canyon at WL
Way too loud, bad food, annoying staff (some, not all), annoying people with screaming children around us- yes I know loud is part of the restaurant but we actually went to this place twice on our last vaca! The 1st time, we got into wdw last and wanted dinner and thought this would be easiest because we were staying at WL. Hated it then. The 2nd time, we were forced to go! We were on the tour and we were supposed to go to Mama Melrose's. It was closed or something, so the tour guide decided whispering canyon would be a good choice!

Another worst is Electric Umbrella & Hollywood and Vine

GeminiAngel
07-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Best Hands Down: Luau at the Poly.
Not only did we love the pineapple bread, Mango Poppy salad dressing, and those ribs!
We had such a great time! They asked us to stay after the show and we got to meet all the dancers. They let us out on the the beach at sunset, the view breath taking. I was reduced to tears. Perfection.

Worst: Sunshine Seasons at FW. The asian food was the most greasy food ever, lukewarm at its best!!! And nowhere to sit.:ack:

Polynesian Dweller
07-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Last trip:

Best: Narcoosees's with Le Cellier in a near tie.

Worst: not on the last trip, we've been often enough that we know which one's don't appeal to us so we don't go. BUT, the worst of all time Rose and Crown for similar reasons as stated before.

maxrebo77
07-07-2008, 09:47 AM
This is from last September.
Without a doubt, LeCel if only for the filet. Cooked to Perfection. Asked for Rare and got it. Service excellent. Some minor points, but nothing to really mention.
Close second! Turf Club at Saratoga Springs.
Again service excellent . Mussels perfect. Great view of the boats going to DD.

Worst; Unhappily Boma
Have had lunch and dinner there before, and enjoyed it. Everything wrong starting with hour+ wait even with ADR and ending with a Chef coming out after I mentioned the cold food, parking himself at my table for 30 minutes while having a conversation with another table! they apparently didn't agree with my opinion and let me know while I sat there hungry and embarrased. Awful. But like I said this was last Sept.

garthbarth1
07-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Best...hard to say...I have not had any meals that have WOWED me (yet!). We must not be going to the right places! Probably would have to go with the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich...its a meal in itself! The Cobb Salad at the Brown Derby is yummy! My meal at 50's Prime Time Cafe was pretty good also! DH and I like the hot dogs at Caseys a lot...and the toppings bar with hot cheese...mmmm!
Worst...Tony's Toon Town Square-awful! How can you mess up pasta?? I ordered the baked ziti and it came on my plate in the shape of a perfect square....it just screamed PRE MADE!! And the shrimp cocktail at Coral Reef...they were the shrimpiest shrimp I have ever seen....more like popcorn shrimp size! Very disappointing! We are trying to Liberty Tree Tavern next visit and maybe Teppan Edo...we are looking forward to these dinners!

WDW&MK
07-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Best: Love Le Cellier. Awesome Beer Cheese soup and bread sticks. Melt in your mouth steak!

Worst: Tony's Town Square. It was not that great in 2006, but decided to give it another try in 2007. My steak was blah and it came with a gross lop of something that it took me the entire meal to determine what it was. Looked like catfood. It was supposed to be garlic butter - was more like lard. :ack: Service was rude in 2006. Service just fair in 2007 - the waiter kind of ignored us. I thought maybe it was because we were on the DDP. So, NO Tony's for us in 2008.

SpecJoe Magic
07-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Wow, it's very noticeable that Tony's Town Square is getting numerous bad reviews. We've never eaten there, and I'm thinking it should stay that way.

Best: Boma- It was exceptionally delicious with great variety and a pleasant atmosphere. The only negative was that our server wasn't good, but the fact that it's a buffet made that easier to ignore.

Worst: Marakesh - It wasn't horrible, but we weren't thrilled with it. The appetizer for two that we had was pretty good, but the rest was mediocre. We think that Tangerine Cafe is just as good at a fraction of the cost of Marakesh.

BelleLovesTheBeast
07-08-2008, 12:50 PM
We love Ohana's and Biergarten so we have them on every trip. So I'll go with a best new restaurant instead.

BEST: Rose and Crown - This had everything - great food, great service and great atmosphere. The cheese plate was delicious. Great selection of cheeses with different flavors. Both DH and I order the steak and fish. The steak was cooked exactly the way I ordered it. This meal was a huge portion too. Our server was great. She never let our drinks go empty. Since DH and I were celebrating our anniversary she came out with a certificate signed by the entire staff and a Tinkerbell and Capt Hook light-up clip. We'll be dining here again in Oct.

WORST: Restaurant Marrakesh - It had great entertainment but that was it. I ordered the Seafood Bastilla and found it to be very bland. I didn't care for the slight sweetness with the meat. Not much flavor with any of the food that either my DH or I ordered. The mint tea was good though.

There are a lot of negative reviews about Tony's. I must be one of the few that have a had a great experience there. I actually was surprised how much I liked it. I grew up in the north with good Italian food something which is extremely hard to find in the south (since there are very few Italians). So I'm a little picky with my Italian food. I had the Chicken Florentine which I found to be pretty good. My DH had the Steak and said it was the best that he had on the trip. We had a late lunch (3 pm ADR) maybe it was when we ate.

dolphinmickey9170
07-08-2008, 03:23 PM
The BEST - LeCellier Hands Down!! We have never had a bad experience. The filet has always been tender, juicy and flavorful. The cream cheese mashed potatoes are to die for. They recently changed their menu, however, still accomodated us with three plain filets with the mashed potatoes. The service was superb, the food fantastic, and I love the idea of eating in "the celler."

The WORST - Tony's Town Square without a doubt!! I could have done this same thing - poured cold, flavorless tomato puree over undercooked spaghetti. I was freezing (something I never do as I am always hot) and the waitress brought a table cloth and draped it over my shoulders. Very strange. The only good part was the lemon cake at the end.