PDA

View Full Version : July Cooking w/ INTERCOT

Carol
07-01-2008, 07:17 AM
:chef: :eat: :pizza: :popcorn: :tasty: :cart:

This is the place to share any great recipes, or ask any cooking related questions!

Dracula766
07-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Since its time to start firing uo the grill I thought I'd post one of my favorite shrimp recipes. :chef:

1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon light brown sugar or honey
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 lime, juiced
2 pounds large shrimp, peeled

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the shrimp and the relish mix well to combine. Add the shrimp to the seasoning paste, and toss to thoroughly coat with the seasoning mixture. Let the shrimp sit in the seasoning mixture while you prepare the grill.
Prepare a grill and thread the shrimp onto 4 or 6 metal skewers (depending on their size)*. Place shrimp skewers on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the shrimp turn pink and are lightly charred on both sides. Do not overcook!

These are guest pleasers for sure and they go really quick so I highly recommend doubling or even tripling the recipe. It isn't much more work and the shrimp cook very fast. :thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
07-02-2008, 10:37 AM
The shrimp recipe sounds great. I think I will try them for this weekend! Thanks

tinkerbell04
07-06-2008, 10:27 AM
I got this recipe from Betty Crocker and made it for the 4th. It was delicious and got rave reviews, it is a great summer dessert.

Crust
1 pouch Betty CrockerŽ sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 egg
Filling
1 cup white vanilla baking chips (6 oz)
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
Topping
4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup water
10 to 12 drops red food color, if desired

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 15x10x1- or 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Press evenly in bottom of pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2. In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips uncovered on High 45 to 60 seconds or until chips are melted and can be stirred smooth. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in melted chips until blended. Spread mixture over crust. Refrigerate while making topping.
3. In small bowl, crush 1 cup of the strawberries. In 2-quart saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Stir in crushed strawberries and 1/3 cup water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in food color. Cool 10 minutes. Gently stir in remaining 3 cups strawberries. Spoon topping over filling. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set; serve within 4 hours. Store covered in refrigerator.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.

Katmegali
07-09-2008, 05:58 AM
What's a good fried shrimp recipe?

My girls love fried shrimp but I have never made it. We like a little spicy but not really too hot.

offwego
07-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Fried deep fried or pan fried shrimp?

and for something fun...

Mango salsa for fish on the grill (salmon or rainbow trout with just really good pepper and salt)

1 mango cubed 1/4 inch or less
1 jalepeno fine dice
1/2 red or orange or yellow pepper (personally I prefer red or orange for contrast but go with what ya got)
1 small tomato or three cherry tomatoes (roma if not using cherry..yellow pear works well here but then use orange or red and not yellow pepper for colour balance)
pinch salt and pepper (kosher salt for pref. or hawaiann sea salt by choice if you have it)
dash hot sauce
1 tbs or so good olive oil
2 tbs or to taste italian parsley or cilantro

serve over fresh grilled fish and enjoy