PDA

View Full Version : Palo on Pirates Night

David&Jane
07-01-2008, 03:10 AM
Hi

We have booked Palos on Pirates Night

What is the dresscode that night in Palos?

Thanks

DisneyDudet
07-01-2008, 03:35 AM
While the entire ship is taken over by pirates, Palo is the only area where Pirates are forbidden.

That night, like any other night, is the same dress code in Palo, nice dress or pantsuit for women, jacket and/or tie for men. The menu will be the Palo menu there as well.

So, if you are in need of refuge from pirates, Palo is the place to go!

Just make sure you are done dining by about 1015. You will want to see what the pirates are up to at around 1030, make sure you're on the starboard side!

RobWreck
07-06-2008, 12:17 AM
DisneyDudet's experience is exactly the opposite of mine when we were on the Wonder 10/06. Our night at Palo's had numerous guests in pirate garb and Palo's handed out the pirate bandana's just like the other restaurants. Palo's kept its own menu, but pirates were certainly not forbidden. Of course the non-pirates were dressed according to Palo's usual dress code.
Perhaps something has changed betwen 10/06 and now, or perhaps things are different on the Wonder compared to the Magic...
Rob

TammiMcMan
07-06-2008, 02:31 AM
Our night at Palo's had numerous guests in pirate garb and Palo's handed out the pirate bandana's just like the other restaurants.They definitely will give out the bandana's to take on deck with you, but this is the first report I've seen where guests wore their pirate costumes into Palo. I wonder if that cruise had a dining rotation change and guests weren't able to adjust their Palo reservation. They may have made an exception to the dress code.

If someone wants to dress up for the party, I'd bring the costumes along and just call Palo from the stateroom to verify the dress code for that night. Worst case, you might have to run back to your room and change before the party starts. Considering Palo doesn't do anything special that night, I'd feel a little strange sitting there looking like a pirate. That's just me though.

SgtTigger
07-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Just make sure you are done dining by about 1015. You will want to see what the pirates are up to at around 1030, make sure you're on the starboard side!

When is your trip?????

We went june 1 and the deck party was at 7:30pm

You might want to check into that time......

:cop: :tigger:

ElenitaB
07-06-2008, 01:28 PM
On some cruises the past few months, they've been playing with the time of the Pirate Party and the fireworks. That's probably what you experienced, Bret. The party is normally held after the second seating is done and the second showing of whatever is being presented that night in the theatre.

I, for one, would not be happy with a party prior to dinner (now that DS is older, we're going with the second seating) or having to chose between the party and the show, but that's just me. :blush:

DisneyDudet
07-06-2008, 02:50 PM
When is your trip?????

We went june 1 and the deck party was at 7:30pm

You might want to check into that time......

:cop: :tigger:

You must have experienced the party that was between the dining seatings and the shows. I heard about that, and not a lot of people were happy. Some say it could be because the pirate party was too late for some little ones.

Ours was at the "normal" time on the June 22 cruise. The only thing different was that they changed the nights on us. Our Dress Up night and Pirate Night were switched.

Do they still do Golden Mickey's on Dress Up night anymore? Or has Toy Story: The Musical changed things?

TammiMcMan
07-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I heard that earlier Pirate party did not go over very well. At the time, there was some talk about doing some further testing with the time, but I think that was limited to only 1 or 2 cruises.

johnO
07-07-2008, 09:35 PM
How much does it cost to eat at Palo?

TammiMcMan
07-07-2008, 10:36 PM
How much does it cost to eat at Palo?For dinner, there is a flat $15 per person fee charged and you order anything you want off the menu. That amount is then divided up by the staff and serves as their tip. Considering the service we've received there, we always leave a tip on top of that.

Brunch is also a flat $15 per person fee and if High Tea interests you, that's $5 per person.

Pixie Power
07-07-2008, 10:57 PM
They definitely will give out the bandana's to take on deck with you, but this is the first report I've seen where guests wore their pirate costumes into Palo. I wonder if that cruise had a dining rotation change and guests weren't able to adjust their Palo reservation. They may have made an exception to the dress code.

If someone wants to dress up for the party, I'd bring the costumes along and just call Palo from the stateroom to verify the dress code for that night. Worst case, you might have to run back to your room and change before the party starts. Considering Palo doesn't do anything special that night, I'd feel a little strange sitting there looking like a pirate. That's just me though.

:nono: We ate @ Palo on the 15-Night Panama Canal Cruise when it was Pirate Night and they did NOT give us Pirate bandanas. Just wanted to make that clear so no one gets their hopes up and is let down by not receiving them @ Palo. Now, our servers saved us bandanas and gave them to us the next night @ dinner. ;) So we do have them as a souvenir.

TammiMcMan
07-07-2008, 11:34 PM
:nono: We ate @ Palo on the 15-Night Panama Canal Cruise when it was Pirate Night and they did NOT give us Pirate bandanas. Just wanted to make that clear so no one gets their hopes up and is let down by not receiving them @ Palo.Did you ask for them? Our server told us that they keep a supply of them for any adults who might want them for the pirate party. They bend over backwards trying to make everyones stay perfect, I can't imagine that they won't give a guest a bandana.