PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone experienced this?

Stacey
06-30-2008, 11:57 PM
We just returned from a very nice stay at CS. On Sunday, my husband, cousin and I did the Water Mice around Wilderness Lodge. My cousin got a bit too close to my husband's boat, and the lake patrol literally blew up at her, not even giving her a chance to apologize or anything. When my cousin saw a bigger boat coming towards her (about 1 minute after the "altercation"), she floored it to get out of the way. The same LP woman ran over in her boat to tell her, "Look- if you can't drive properly, I'm gonna have to run you in!!" My cousin literally had no where else to go but forward, or the bigger boat would have hit them. We understand that the LP are out there for a reason, and they probably have morons on a daily basis driving recklessly, but my cousin merely made a mistake, she didn't argue with her, and we didn't feel she (the LP) needed to be such a wench about it. When we complained to the marina service guy, he knew exactly who we were talking about before we even told him who it was.

Has anyone else experienced this? It totally ruined our morning. She was a woman, probably in her mid to late 30's with bleach blonde hair and patrols the lake area around FW and WL. Just curious. Also, the boats semed to go a lot slower than the last time we drove them (on May 5th).

Seasonscraps
07-01-2008, 12:04 AM
Yep...I got yelled at for talking to DH or something equally horrible like that. :rolleyes:

r4kids
07-01-2008, 12:33 AM
When we rent the little boats I will survey the area for this LP :thedolls:. We plan to rent these in Jan.

mrsgaribaldi
07-01-2008, 01:30 AM
I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. Don't let it ruin it for you. Don't take it personally. Like you said she probably deals with morons all day and they probably say they didn't mean it too. :blush: She's looking out for everyone's safety. Maybe she got burned before and someone was hurt.

d_m_n_n
07-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Considering she is patrolling in a very busy area, she probably does need to take her job more seriously to prevent injuries or serious accidents. However, that doesn't give LP the right to act in the manner she did. Next time, try renting at POR or DTD. We have rented from these locations before and never encountered LP!! And the only boat you really have to look out for is the POR/DTD shuttle. We were able to have a very relaxing and enjoyable time! :thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
07-01-2008, 05:43 PM
No, I haven't.. we usually rent from the Polynesian but drive out by the Wilderness Lodge. My DD's tho, had their own boat and they were scolded a few times I am told. That's ok with me, I'd prefer they are scolded and stay safe honestly. I guess there are no enter areas and my girls didn't understand that. I'm sorry you had an uncomfortable situation.

jillluvsdisney
07-01-2008, 06:20 PM
There are boats all over Bay Lake and 7 Seas Lagoon: GF, POLY,FW, CL all have water launches from their resorts and there are also the ferries from the TTC. You also have to pay attention to the no wake zones in the channel . I think I realize now why Disney has a minimum age to drive pleasure crafts.

Simbajr4ever
07-01-2008, 09:54 PM
It is a very serious lake and there have actually been fatalities on the lake. Involved a ferry and mouse boat. Adult driving. They do take there job serious. But she may of also not realized how loud she was yelling, or manner in which she yelled, > due to hearing being affected by engine noise? I know that affects us, when out too long on the boats.

VolMickey
07-01-2008, 09:58 PM
I've never done the Mouseboats, but would like to do so this year. We're planning our stay at AKL. What's the closest place to rent them from AKL? :confused:

SpecJoe Magic
07-02-2008, 07:02 PM
I've never done the Mouseboats, but would like to do so this year. We're planning our stay at AKL. What's the closest place to rent them from AKL? :confused:

I think the closest to Animal Kingdom Lodge is the marina at Coronado Springs.

VolMickey
07-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks!!!

Polynesian Dweller
07-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Ok, lets remember something folks, the first principle at Disney (and almost everywhere else) is Safety. Saftey of guests and staff trumps everything else, including courtesy. Why, because if someone gets hurt or killed that is the worst thing that can happen. Someone's feelings being hurt isn't as important as bodily well-being.

So, when a CM does their primary job, making sure things are safe, then that is OK. This incident started off with boats getting too close. As stated, there have been a lot of close calls and accidents on that lake and accidents on water can easily cause death. I have watched all kinds of times when people, rather than steering properly forward and then away from an oncoming large craft have nearly killed themselves by trying to race across the front of the boat.

I vote for safety every time and cannot condemn a CM for not being nice about it. They may have saved your or someone else's life.

mel
07-02-2008, 10:47 PM
sorry, remind me not to do the water mice.. I didnt go to dw and pay all that money to be yelled at.. best stay off these things...;)

GrumpyFan
07-03-2008, 10:46 AM
sorry, remind me not to do the water mice.. I didnt go to dw and pay all that money to be yelled at.. best stay off these things...;)

As long as you follow the rules and maintain safe distances from other water craft, there should be no yelling. I've been on these a couple of times and never been yelled at.

I've also seen numerous acts of stupidity committed on these boats where the driver should've been removed, especially on Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon.