PDA

View Full Version : Decorating Hotel Windows

vividms
06-30-2008, 10:11 PM
I am looking for some good ideas for decorating my Pop Century hotel window. Some of the members of my party often get confused which room we are in. I noticed some people place things in their windows. I need some cute and creative ideas. I do not want to just throw something in the window. :beaker:

mickeys_princess_mom
06-30-2008, 10:34 PM
I am looking for some good ideas for decorating my Pop Century hotel window. Some of the members of my party often get confused which room we are in. I noticed some people place things in their windows. I need some cute and creative ideas. I do not want to just throw something in the window. :beaker:
You could color copy (3-4 to a page) several of your favorite pix from previous trips, then make a collage on a poster board that you've cut into a basic Mickey head shape...Or make it bigger by cutting one whole poster into a circle, and splitting another into two smaller circles to make the ears....Welcome aboard! :wave:

TinkRocks
06-30-2008, 10:38 PM
You could put some window clings on the window and / or put christmas lights in the window...

BigRedDad
07-01-2008, 02:12 AM
We bought our DD one of the small stuffed animals ($10-$12) each day and put them in the window.

kakn7294
07-01-2008, 02:30 AM
We always use Steeler window klings and last year, I printed off a copy of the Intercot 10th anniversary logo and laminated it with that peel 'n stick stuff and put that in the window as well. Just a word of warning, whatever you use should be waterproof if it's actually going to be touching the window. On those really humid days with the A/C blowing full blast in the room, you can end up with water condensation on the window.

Bringonthemouse!
07-01-2008, 09:35 AM
We went in Dec. last year so our decorations included Christmas themed Disney window clings, we used suction cup hooks to hang some of the tree decorations we had been buying, we hung a strand of lights (with suction cup hooks as well) and we set up the ironing board in front of the window, threw a Christmas table cloth on it and placed our 2' Christmas tree on top (I knew I would not be needing the board to actually iron on ;))

poeticeclipse
07-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Here is a picture (http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x284/mrandmrslantz/2008/May%204th/?action=view&current=DSC03293.jpg) of our window from our trip in May. For our anniversary, we bought one of the coloring sets (Lilo and Stitch) and brought tape along in our suitcase to put up our pictures.

kellyisbusy
07-01-2008, 10:16 AM
That is one of my favorite things at Pop Century. I don't think I have seen it as much in the other hotels but it is so fun to walk past the rooms and see how much fun everyone is having. We put stuff in windows of all the hotels we stay in at Disney.

brownie
07-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Someone had a pirate ship display in their window at Movies when we were there in 2003. I'm not sure if housekeeping set it up or the guests did, but it looked good. Housekeeping did arrange some of our sons' souvenirs in our room window during that trip. Window clings would be quick and easy. Maybe pick a theme for your trip and decorate around that.

TIGGER17179
07-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Last year when we were at POP our housekeeping decorated our window. She tied the curtains together and put my nieces's mickey mouse sitting in the middle of the curtains which was in the middle of the window. Then she put the balloons they gave me for my birthday above mickey. She then put on the bottom the birthday card from Mickey and Minnie with my niece's tigger she bought with sunglasses on. Then she put the leggos box that my nephew bought at the bottom. It was cute!

Depending when you go you can theme it around the time of year --

Taja
07-01-2008, 06:16 PM
You can make window clings using Gallery Glass or similar products. Create your own designs or use clip art.

vividms
07-06-2008, 10:49 AM
These are great ideas.

Minnie Imagineer
07-06-2008, 11:23 AM
you could make a mobile in your room one night by taking a hanger and some string and hang pictures and other small-ish items of yours to the hanger!

For a good laugh, you could use construction paper and cut out big letters that say 'our room here!' -its not my idea, I actaully saw someone use this one time, very funny because no one else would think of it!