PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Show about the State of Air Travel tonight.

caryrae
06-30-2008, 08:10 PM
Called "Unfriendly Skies: State of Travel " Travel Channel 8 PM Central

"Travel's evolution into long lines, poor service, exspensive tickets and general dissatisfaction."

NotaGeek
06-30-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the info! I set my TiVo ... I can't wait to see this. :D

tinkerbell04
07-01-2008, 09:23 AM
It was very interesting, I watched most of it, missed the first 10 minutes or so,

caryrae
07-01-2008, 09:29 AM
It's on again tonight at 10 pm central and July 5th 5 pm central on the Travel Channel.

NotaGeek
07-01-2008, 12:00 PM
I was kind of disappointed. It was just an hour of horror stories about bad customer service, the important stuff like fuel surcharges, deregulation and how that is killing the industry and the competition between carriers and how that makes fees go crazy was barely discussed.

caryrae
07-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Do any of you guys think we will start seeing more and more problems/accidents because Airlines try to cut corners with repairs and upkeep with the Planes to help save money?

NotaGeek
07-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Do any of you guys think we will start seeing more and more problems/accidents because Airlines try to cut corners with repairs and upkeep with the Planes to help save money?

NO. Repairs and upkeep on planes is regulated by the FAA -- every plane has a service record on every single part of the aircraft. There are always mistakes that are made, but there is no way that an airline would risk a catastrophic incident to cut costs in servicing the planes.