PDA

View Full Version : Can WDW Be Far Behind ?

Ed
06-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Busch Entertainment raises ticket prices for SeaWorld, other parks

Scott Powers
Sentinel Staff Writer

10:55 AM EDT, June 30, 2008

Busch Entertainment Corp. announced new ticket prices this morning that include a $2 increase in the basic ticket rate for SeaWorld Orlando and a deep-discount in multi-park deals available for Florida residents for SeaWorld, Aquatica and Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.

The price of a basic one-day, one-park ticket to SeaWorld is now $69.95, up from $67.95. Busch also increased the prices of basic tickets to Aquatica (to $41.95,) Busch Gardens (to $67.95) and Adventure Island in Tampa (to $37.95.)

Yet while doing so, Busch cut the prices of multi-park packages for Florida residents. The two-park, two-day ticket for SeaWorld and either Aquatica or Busch Gardens is now $79.95, a 20 percent price cut from the previous offer, $99.95. Likewise, the three-park, three-day tickets for SeaWorld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica now is available for $119.95, an 11 percent price rollback.

SeaWorld last revised prices in November 2007.

Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando both last set their ticket prices in August 2007, including a basic adult one-day, one-park ticket price of $71.
Busch also announced it is continuing its "Pay for a Day" deal through Labor Day. The deal allows Florida residents to buy a one-day, one-park pass at regular prices and continue returning to the park all year.

GrumpyFan
06-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Tourism must not be suffering (yet), if they're raising prices. I'm sure Disney and Uni will raise theirs too if they think they can get away with it.

pogo
06-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Actually WDW has already done this successfully with the addition of the extra charges for the parties at MK ! :mickey:

They found out they could close MK at 7:00 and people would pay extra to come in for the evening. Go figure. :shake:

As more people reach into their pockets and pay extra WDW will continue to expand on this in other parks. :(

Tink#64
07-04-2008, 12:55 AM
To me, so many of us are now "addicted" to our vacation places and will continue to pay whatever they ask of us as long as we can! :(

We made several cut backs with our usual vacation budget to be able to visit this year with the state of the economy & our own personal situation, but it was worth it! I'd do it again in a minute!We make sure our bills are paid first, but the family vacation is also very important to us! :dance:

Little Round Bale
07-07-2008, 09:41 AM
Personally I think Sea World is way over priced. But then as our own operating expenses rise so do the park cost. I did not like the price increase at Disney but they do it all the time or the price remains the same and services my drop.

But I will pay the prices :blush: it is the one place my family and I go to and we enjoy ourselves. It is a familiar place and lots of memories. It is a shame the it is all happening but life is short.

We are cutting back on the dining, staying a Boardwalk and hitting the grocery store from the airport and eating in to cut costs.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2008, 01:53 PM
It makes sense as gas has gone up so much, with the on site transportation, I'm sure Disney is seeing decrease in profits....not that they would be losing money or anything, just less profits for them:blush: