PDA

View Full Version : WDW Moms Panel Accepting Applications This Summer

murphy1
06-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Had to share from the Moms Club Newsletter!! How exciting!!

As a Mickey Moms Club member, we want you to be the first to know that we will be holding the search for the 2009 Walt Disney World® Moms Panel soon. The search will take place later this summer so keep your eyes open for more details in an upcoming newsletter as well as on www.disneyworldmoms.com . And if you want to apply to be on the Walt Disney World® Moms Panel, start thinking about what makes your love of Disney unique!

SBETigg
06-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Did you notice in the Mom's club letter poll, they asked about Crush n Gusher at Blizzard Beach? It's at Typhoon Lagoon. No wonder they didn't pick us for the first Mom's Panel. We know better than they do. :thumbsup:

Queen Stephanie
06-30-2008, 06:59 PM
OH MY Gosh, I just checked out this web-site, and I want to be a Disney Mom...does anyone know how it works, or criteria?

SBETigg
06-30-2008, 07:21 PM
OH MY Gosh, I just checked out this web-site, and I want to be a Disney Mom...does anyone know how it works, or criteria?

They invited a number of people who were turned down to be on the Mom's Panel. I just responded to the invitation. I'm not sure how else to get in on it. Sorry.

magicofdisney
06-30-2008, 11:51 PM
This has kind of lost its appeal to me. I've visited the website a couple of times and I still come back to Intercot for all my info and interaction. Is anyone else still excited about it like they were when it first began?

KineGirl
07-01-2008, 12:40 AM
This has kind of lost its appeal to me. I've visited the website a couple of times and I still come back to Intercot for all my info and interaction. Is anyone else still excited about it like they were when it first began?

The thing I was most disappointed in was the lack of range of the panel. They were all mothers with children of very young ages. No one represented the moms of teens well - I mean real teens not tweens. Nor had they had various experiences like anniversaries or engagements (we Moms have those to ;) in case they were wondering). They also seemed to not be as much of experienced Disney pros as some of our own Intercot moms. Its still a cute site though. And the panel does their best I believe. I like checking it out and will def be submitting a new application this summer. In fact I think its kind of cool that theyre mixing up the panel - I totally wasnt expecting that.

Also did anyone notice that they have a link to Tonga Toast (recipe)? mmmmm :eat:

r4kids
07-01-2008, 01:04 AM
I wasn't chosen to be on the Mom's panel but received the invitation a couple of weeks later as a PP did. It is ok. I too still come back to Intercot for my info. They don't have a diverse panel that represents all age groups.

Mickey91
07-01-2008, 08:47 AM
What I have been most disappointed in is the fact that they seem to give standard Disney answers for everything. You really don't get much more info from them than you do the website as a whole. I guess I'm always hoping someone will have more info than I already have. Intercot has me spoiled!:mickey:

ElenitaB
07-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Oh, good! Another chance to be rejected! ;)

I was also pretty disappointed by the lack of diversity in their first panel: all moms of young kids, no one with physical challenges, etc.

I'm happy with our own ICOT moms! Y'all rock! :thumbsup:

Tink#64
07-04-2008, 12:44 AM
I was bummed the first time that I didn't qualify to apply since it had been more than 12 months since we had visited WDW. But I too think the site & the responses are a little disappointing. I visited a few times & now I never even think about it. When I have free time to get on the computer Intercot is where I go!

RockChalkKimball
07-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I agree with everyone else. I haven't found the answers they give to be very interesting. They sound like they are coming right out of Disney travel guide, as opposed to giving insight from those who have been there numerous times. I check it out occasionally, but as with all of you, I come to Intercot every day!!

I will certainly apply again, but I wish their criteria for selection were better. I don't know what more to say about being "unique". We are just your run-of-the-mill family that LOVES disney and I just happen to be a normal disney nut! I am the disney expert around my parts, but that doesn't really translate in less than 300 words.

Flower
07-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Did you notice in the Mom's club letter poll, they asked about Crush n Gusher at Blizzard Beach? It's at Typhoon Lagoon. No wonder they didn't pick us for the first Mom's Panel. We know better than they do. :thumbsup:

And they had it listed as 'Cross Country Creek', not Castaway Creek!:angry:

They need to come to Intercot more often to get their info straight! (Am I allowed to call them Losers???!!!)

I will apply again, I want the Disney trips!!!! Hahahaha!!!!:D Seriously though, I too find their information lacking and rarely go to the site.

Flower
07-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Here were the survey questions and results as of tonight.

Thank you for taking our Poll!
Poll Results

Which Disney Water Park attraction is your favorite?
Swimming with the sharks at the Shark Reef at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon® Water Park
12%
Relaxing in the slow moving river of Cross Country Creek at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
59%
Plummeting 120 feet straight down on Summit Plummet at Disney's Blizzard Beach® Water Park
5%
Rollicking on the water coaster of Crush n' Gusher at Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park

DisnIse
07-17-2008, 09:35 AM
That cracks me up that mistakes were made. Honestly, I applied for DisneyMoms, but I've never visited the site.
This seems to be my only source for information, and it works for me!

mouseketeer mom
07-18-2008, 07:12 AM
I would be over the moon to be chosen for the Mom's panel.
But..
I really don't visit the site. The answers given rarely seem like personal answers. They seem like canned answers for the most part.

Flower
07-18-2008, 07:46 AM
I would be over the moon to be chosen for the Mom's panel.
But..
I really don't visit the site. The answers given rarely seem like personal answers. They seem like canned answers for the most part.

Exactly....they sure don't give a negative response to any questions

Jenemmy
07-18-2008, 09:26 AM
When I got that newsletter and saw they were accepting apps again, I thought "man....do I REALLY want to put myself through that wait and anticipation again to just be told NO" LOL. Then I thought --- OF COURSE I DO! I'm gonna give it another shot and try to be as witty and creative as I can be in 200 characters or less (wasn't that the length of those essay questions?) I am just SUCH a Disney sucker that being connected to WDW like that for a year would be an absolute DREAM:cloud9:

DizRunner
07-19-2008, 06:03 PM
I missed out on the first time they accepted applications for the Moms Panel. Therefore, I wasn't able to jump on the bandwagon and have missed out on getting on the newsletter list, along with all of the goodies that went out a couple of months ago to everyone who applied the first time.

Could someone send me a link to the application site? I've checked the Mom's Panel website and didn't see anything.

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

MinnieMommie
07-19-2008, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=DizRunner;1691559]I missed out on the first time they accepted applications for the Moms Panel. Therefore, I wasn't able to jump on the bandwagon and have missed out on getting on the newsletter list, along with all of the goodies that went out a couple of months ago to everyone who applied the first time.

Could someone send me a link to the application site? I've checked the Mom's Panel website and didn't see anything.

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

My understanding is that it is not posted yet. When they are ready to accept applications it will be posted on the mom's panel site (www.disneyworldmoms.com) and will be announced through the Mickey Moms Club newsletter. Someone on Intercot will be sure to post it when they learn of the request for applications. Hang tight! :mickey:

VolMickey
07-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Great info. I'll share with DW

DisneyDudet
07-20-2008, 09:12 PM
I wish I could be on it, but I don't think I qualify, as I'm not a mom. I'm old enough to be one, but it won't happen for a few years, seeing as I'm not even dating anyone!

I would like to help others out with Disney planning. I do it at work all the time.

I'm sure there's a rule about not having kids somewhere. Even if there weren't a written rule, my app. would be thrown out first due to my lack of offspring!

Flower
07-21-2008, 09:13 AM
I wish I could be on it, but I don't think I qualify, as I'm not a mom. I'm old enough to be one, but it won't happen for a few years, seeing as I'm not even dating anyone!

I would like to help others out with Disney planning. I do it at work all the time.

I'm sure there's a rule about not having kids somewhere. Even if there weren't a written rule, my app. would be thrown out first due to my lack of offspring!

You never know Morgan - there is currently a dad on the moms panel!

Melanie
07-21-2008, 09:44 AM
What I have been most disappointed in is the fact that they seem to give standard Disney answers for everything. You really don't get much more info from them than you do the website as a whole. I guess I'm always hoping someone will have more info than I already have. Intercot has me spoiled!:mickey:

Yes, the answers are very canned. I haven't peeked on there in a long while after I realized that the "mom's" were obviously limited in what they could recommend/say. Of course, you will never hear any negatives.

r4kids
07-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Not being able to express a true opinion kinda of deters me from trying again. I did also notice there were several incorrect answers and just had to LOL. :)

I would love to plan Disney vacations! I do it for friends here where we live and they have all been thrilled. So MJ anytime you need someone let me know!!!! :mickey:

SAHDad
07-24-2008, 12:42 AM
You never know Morgan - there is currently a dad on the moms panel!
There was almost certainly going to be one - but probably never more than one (so until he quits, my app will get circular filed). IIRC, the original copy said that the role of "Mom" got filled by a lot of people - stepmoms, moms, grandmothers, aunts, etc. You can always try - the worst that can happen is making it through the first round, and then being told no.

I'll reapply, but as I said, until Bret is out, I don't figure I have much chance.

mouseketeer mom
07-26-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm wondering if it is still going to be the same format for applications..the tell us in 100 words or less thing...

SAHDad
08-07-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm wondering if it is still going to be the same format for applications..the tell us in 100 words or less thing...

No word yet on format, but everyone should have gotten this today*

In the previous issue of the Mickey Moms Club newsletter, we let you in on a little secret: that we would soon be filling the coveted spots of the 2009 Walt Disney World® Moms Panel. Well, we just can’t keep the details to ourselves any longer and we wanted you to be the first to know. Starting on September 8 and running through September 19, 2008, or when we reach 20,000 applications, we will be accepting applications for the 2009 Walt Disney World Moms Panel. As a Mickey Moms Club member, applying should be a breeze since your love and knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort plays an active role in your life. Starting September 8th, visit www.disneyworldmoms.com/2009 to submit your application. And – if you know of other moms who want to join the Mickey Moms Club, this is their chance too. Everyone who submits an application for the 2009 Walt Disney World Moms panel will be invited to join the Mickey Moms Club. Good luck, Mickey Moms!

* As I have said, until Bret is out, my apps probably won't get very far, since I doubt the Disney Moms Panel will ever have more than 1 dad. I could be wrong, so I'll be submitting, but my odds aren't good.

mouseketeer mom
08-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Good luck to all of my fellow intercotees who apply for the Mom's panel! I would love to see one of us (or more!) on there!

Jenemmy
08-07-2008, 12:14 PM
* As I have said, until Bret is out, my apps probably won't get very far, since I doubt the Disney Moms Panel will ever have more than 1 dad. I could be wrong, so I'll be submitting, but my odds aren't good.

Hmmmm -- well do you suppose the current mom's have an open invite to come back next year, or do you think they will just start with a fresh crop? I had it in my mind that it was a totally new group each year, but maybe that was just my wishful thinking.....

SAHDad
08-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Hmmmm -- well do you suppose the current mom's have an open invite to come back next year, or do you think they will just start with a fresh crop? I had it in my mind that it was a totally new group each year, but maybe that was just my wishful thinking.....

If I were in charge, I wouldn't change everybody all at once. I presume that, in addition to the group training, the "Moms" stay in touch, either via a group email, forum, or the like. So I would replace 1/3 to 1/2 the group every 6 or 9 months, so you always have some veterans, and some new blood.

My guess (and this is a true WAG, so take it with a salt lick) is that from the 20,000 apps, they will be filling about 6 positions. I doubt that they are replacing all 12, but I could be wrong.

the real Alice
08-07-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm planning on applying again. I THINK i have an idea for the 100 words essay that will really grab their attention, but I can't give away my secret yet :blush:

I just wonder when the training trip would be. My husband is a football coach and last years mandatory trip was during the state playoff game, which we won. If we were in the playoffs again and I had to choose between that and Disney that would be a horrible delima! :confused:

Flower
08-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Good luck to everyone that applies! I can see the website being clogged on the 8th for sure! I will reapply, but am doubtful!

I could see them changing the panel, but I have to admit I figure the runners up will have a better chance over 'newbies'. The runners up have been doing some contributing to the newsletter - it would not surprise me if they were picked.

murphy1
08-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Hey guys, guess where I was last night, watching Wishes and Spectro:mickey:

I just looked at one of the canned answers about the strollers, I have no option but to rent a double there!!! I fork over the $$ just to not lug the thing around.

I think my chances are even less than most everyone, I live in GA and am from FL and visit a lot, half the people on the panel or applying are like me, but I'll try.

Flower
08-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Hey guys, guess where I was last night, watching Wishes and Spectro:mickey:

I just looked at one of the canned answers about the strollers, I have no option but to rent a double there!!! I fork over the $$ just to not lug the thing around.

I think my chances are even less than most everyone, I live in GA and am from FL and visit a lot, half the people on the panel or applying are like me, but I'll try.

I am jealous that you live so close! I'll admit it!!!

It is SO hard to say what they are looking for - some of the people they picked don't even seem to have that much Disney experience - and I have to say it shows in some of the incorrect correspondence - such as the poll mentioned a while ago. You would think they would want people who have been there a million times and know the ins and outs, but it almost does not seem that is the case.

SAHDad
08-07-2008, 09:46 PM
I am jealous that you live so close! I'll admit it!!!

It is SO hard to say what they are looking for - some of the people they picked don't even seem to have that much Disney experience - and I have to say it shows in some of the incorrect correspondence - such as the poll mentioned a while ago. You would think they would want people who have been there a million times and know the ins and outs, but it almost does not seem that is the case.

No, they wanted a few people with less experience. Disney wanted to have a fairly diverse group of "moms" - so there were going to be women of color, single moms, working moms, SAHMoms, moms with babies/toddlers, moms with teens, moms of children with special needs, one dad, etc. And, of course, moms who had been to WDW a thousand times, and moms who were still pretty new - so that readers would not feel that they had to "know it all."

I don't always agree with their answers either - I wonder how much is them following the guidelines for the responses. (I doubt you could say, in an official capacity, that you would have to be starving to death before you would eat at ABC or Sci-Fi. But you can probably say that your favorite restaurants are X, Y and Z.)

murphy1
08-09-2008, 09:15 PM
OMG Sci Fi:ack::D You crack me up!!!

Lea-Ann don't be jealous, you really don't want to go as much when you live there, seriously (unless you move there as a grown up). I go more now than when I lived there, it's more of a treat now, but we have to pack more in like seeing relatives and friends. When I was a kid, all we had was MK and then as a teen, it was Epcot.

Flower
08-24-2008, 02:40 PM
I just got a message that Disney will be accepting applications Sept 8th for 16 individuals for the 2009 panel of vacation advisors.

It says 16 as opposed to the 8 they did last fall, speculation: 8 for the first 6 months and 8 for the remainder of 2009, and they won't select until this time next year.

Get thinking about those answers everyone!

pink
08-26-2008, 06:03 PM
Not being able to express a true opinion kinda of deters me from trying again. I did also notice there were several incorrect answers and just had to LOL.

I noticed that too, I thought they were supposed to be experts. I forget what ride it was but I remember them calling one of them by the wrong name. They should just recruit on here and call it a day. :mickey:

Jennifer_and_Chris
08-27-2008, 09:39 AM
I have been reading posts now and again and just wanted to say hi and put my 2 cents in. I was one of the 4 runners up. Should any of the panelist be unable to fulfill their jobs, I'd take their place.

I believe from being in contact with the decision makers every few months that they are going to choose 16 new panelist. Not sure if they are going to keep the others but, 16 new ones will be chosen. I think that they are going to choose more because of the turn time on getting a response. The agreement as a panelist was that you had to answer a handful of questions a week. So, you had a quota, but, it wasn't very large. Which makes sense as it is not a paying position.

I was hoping that the runners up would just be automatically chosen for the next round but, alas, I don't think we will be. I will be entering again. And if I get far enough, had they chosen 16 last time, I would have been a panelist!

But, at least I got an invite to the Mickey Moms Club and was featured in the first newsletter. That was cool. My claim to fame!

pooh0601
08-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Can anyone confirm or deny that last year ALL applications received some type of bumper sticker/magnet for their car? I thought I read that somewhere, but I couldn't imagine Disney giving that away to ALL of the people who filled out applications and did not get picked...

the real Alice
08-27-2008, 04:43 PM
Can anyone confirm or deny that last year ALL applications received some type of bumper sticker/magnet for their car? I thought I read that somewhere, but I couldn't imagine Disney giving that away to ALL of the people who filled out applications and did not get picked...

I applied last time and did not get a bumper sticker but got some kind of down loadable gift. I think it was a Mickie shopping list you could print off. I was impressed to just get that.

JIMINY13
08-28-2008, 07:22 AM
I was not chosen to be a panelist and received a packet with a Mickey's Mom's Club Mouse pad, Car magnet, 2 special pins and some info on helping guests plan for their WDW vacations. It was quite a nice package.

the real Alice
08-28-2008, 09:15 AM
I was not chosen to be a panelist and received a packet with a Mickey's Mom's Club Mouse pad, Car magnet, 2 special pins and some info on helping guests plan for their WDW vacations. It was quite a nice package.

Oh yeah I did get the pins! I forgot about those. I guess i just don't remember the car magnet. Sorry ignore my earlier post :blush:

Jenemmy
09-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Does anyone remember the number of characters per response we were allowed to submit last year? I was thinking 200 and my friend recalls it as being 100. I had an idea about my submission this year (providing they ask the same questions!) and was wondering if it would fit. Keeping fingers crossed for 200!

Flower
09-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Does anyone remember the number of characters per response we were allowed to submit last year? I was thinking 200 and my friend recalls it as being 100. I had an idea about my submission this year (providing they ask the same questions!) and was wondering if it would fit. Keeping fingers crossed for 200!

It was 100 words per question...there were 3 questions.

Jenemmy
09-02-2008, 09:16 PM

Ah! 100 words, not 100 characters....cool! Thanks for the reply!

SAHDad
09-04-2008, 03:38 PM
And, if anyone has forgotten, here were the questions:

In 100 words or less, tell us a little about you.

In 100 words or less, tell us about your family

In 100 words or less, tell us why you should be an advisor on all there is to see and do at Walt Disney World® Resort:

Np guarantees, of course, that they will use the same questions. For all we know, we're going to see:

What is your name?
What is your quest?
What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Jenemmy
09-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Alright, just took the plunge and entered again! Best of luck to all Intercotees!!!!

ILoveLegos
09-08-2008, 11:14 AM
The website accepting applications to become a part of the 2009 Mom Panel opened up September 8, 2008 at 10:00 am (eastern).

This year, there are three questions (slightly different from last year). All responses must be 100 words or less. They are accepting 20,000 applications for 16 positions. Closing date for applying is Mid-night September 19, 2008 (eastern).

You can enter at:
http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/recruiting/default.aspx

Here's hoping an Intercoter gets a spot! Best Wishes to all!

elmjimmlm
09-08-2008, 01:24 PM
I just submitted mine and the ?s are-
In 100 words or less, tell us about you and your family
In 100 words or less. tell us what makes you a great WDW vacation planner
In 100 worlds or less, tell us what your favorite vacation tip is for visiting WDW

Correct me if I am wrong but last year did they let you know if you were not selected to advance? It said in the email " because of the high # of submissions, we will be unable to reach out to applicants not chosen to advance." Just curious...

Jenemmy
09-08-2008, 01:25 PM
I just submitted mine and the ?s are-
In 100 words or less, tell us about you and your family
In 100 words or less. tell us what makes you a great WDW vacation planner
In 100 worlds or less, tell us what your favorite vacation tip is for wisiting WDW

Correct me if I am wrong but last year did they let you know if you were not selected to advance? It said in the email " because of the high # of submissions, we will be unable to reach out to applicants not chosen to advance." Just curious...

I remember it saying the same thing last year, yet we all got the "thanks but no thanks" e-mail!

elmjimmlm
09-08-2008, 01:44 PM
I just wonder what the 1st panel had submitted...I think that my answers were good this year and last but I wonder what it takes to make the cut?

Jenemmy
09-08-2008, 02:40 PM
I just wonder what the 1st panel had submitted...I think that my answers were good this year and last but I wonder what it takes to make the cut?

Yeah, me too. I was really happy with last year's answers, but I was a no go! This year I did something a little different to hopefully get noticed :mickey:

SAHDad
09-08-2008, 05:16 PM
I haven't submitted mine yet. I'll admit - I write them out, run them through a spell-checker, maybe even have DW read them, just to see if I missed something that spell or style-check missed as well.

I will be submitting it tonight, of course. I had vaguely worded responses to a couple of different questions, because I was trying to figure out what they would ask.

ILoveLegos
09-08-2008, 05:41 PM
I haven't submitted mine yet. I'll admit - I write them out, run them through a spell-checker, maybe even have DW read them, just to see if I missed something that spell or style-check missed as well.

I will be submitting it tonight, of course. I had vaguely worded responses to a couple of different questions, because I was trying to figure out what they would ask.

Your entry made me think of somethng, SAHDad, not that you said that you were planning to use this method of entry or not, but the info might help someone out there who could inadvertantly do this... I'm not suggesting that this is the particular case in this contest, but this has been my professional experience. Big brother is out there.... <ugh>!

Now to the point:

There are specific instructions on the entry page that say that you "must" type your answers out for your entry and not cut & paste them in from a word processor, it makes me think that there is some sort of "timer" that is being recorded or even your keystroke is being reviewed, your typing accuracy or something else is also being evaluated that could not be accessed if you cut and paste your response.

As a computer programmer, I've had been required to employ some of those tatics to monitor the efficiency of our data operators or to insure their work integrety. I'm always insured that it's all used for evaluation purposes only <wink,wink> - yeah right! You'd be surprised what sort of information can be determined on what data entry operators do "all day"!

Anywho - I digress, just know that they specifically ask you to type your answers into the space provided, don't risk disqualification by cutting & pasting.

elmjimmlm
09-08-2008, 05:58 PM
There are specific instructions on the entry page that say that you "must" type your answers out for your entry and not cut & paste them in from a word processor, it makes me think that there is some sort of "timer" that is being recorded or even your keystroke is being reviewed, your typing accuracy or something else is also being evaluated that could not be accessed if you cut and paste your response.

I hope that it isn't timed because I kept mine on until my DH was out of bed and that was a few hours and during that time I rewrote several things several times...:blush:

SBETigg
09-08-2008, 07:51 PM
No, I doubt it was timed or that they were keeping track of keystrokes. It's more likely that they want to avoid the cut and paste because characters can transfer over differently from your word processing program. An apostrophe in one program can translate as an ampersand when it is cut and pasted, etc, and you can't always see that until it is sent. So it would take the readers extra time to fairly read and assess the answers. I'm guessing the cut and paste caused problems last time, so they're just trying to avoid the extra hassle on their end this time.

Patricia
09-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Done. Now, the wait and see. :mickey:

murphy1
09-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Well, y'all don't have to worry about me. I can't even get into the site, it locks up, guess I'm out, I'm sure it'll be at capacity by the time I could get there. Good luck, everyone!!

SAHDad
09-10-2008, 12:29 AM
Well, y'all don't have to worry about me. I can't even get into the site, it locks up, guess I'm out, I'm sure it'll be at capacity by the time I could get there. Good luck, everyone!!

There's still time. I didn't submit mine until just a few minutes ago (kids were fighting all afternoon), and they took it. Now the waiting begins.

tink'72
09-10-2008, 08:23 AM
I was also pretty disappointed by the lack of diversity in their first panel: all moms of young kids, no one with physical challenges, etc.

I totally agree! MY husband is visually impaired and I was looking for some real honest advice regarding Diseny with disabilities. No one on the panel (or if they did they didn't mention it) every experienced Disney with any disability...or going with someone who has a disability. (That they mentioned)

SAHDad
09-10-2008, 01:44 PM
I totally agree! MY husband is visually impaired and I was looking for some real honest advice regarding Diseny with disabilities. No one on the panel (or if they did they didn't mention it) every experienced Disney with any disability...or going with someone who has a disability. (That they mentioned)

Took a couple minutes to skim through the bios. Here's a synopsis:

Mom #1 - DH, DD (7), DS (5)
Mom #2 - DH, 2 daughters (age undetermined, one possibly pre-teen, other younger?)
Mom #3 - DW, 3 daughters of unknown age (some would argue him being a guy is a disability)
Mom #4 - DD (7), single mom? *
Mom #5 - DH, DD (13, 9, 8), DS (16 months). DD 8 has Down Syndrome.
Mom #6 - DH, DD (12, 8,8 - twins)
Mom #7 - 5 kids, ages unknown, but 2 teens, 1 preteen, 2 tween. No DH mentioned.
Mom #8 - DH, DD (5,3,1)
Mom #9 - DH, DS (13,10,7)
Mom #10 - DH, DS (8 - born premature, but apparently no problems)
Mom #11 -DH, DD (indeterminate age)
Mom #12 - DH, DD (2)

* Not sure (nor do I care) - only wondered b/c she is very family oriented, but DH isn't mentioned, so I presume not present.

Anyway, we have 1 mom to a special needs child, at least 3, and possibly 5 of them, have teenagers. A few have infants - I suspect that, given the app process, those with older children took them to WDW when the kids were younger, and so are assumed to have a familiarity with baby care centers, etc.

dolphinmickey9170
09-10-2008, 05:31 PM
I submitted again this year. Let's all wait!:marg:

Daisy712
09-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Hey everyone,

Received an email from Disney Destinations that there is now a Mickey Moms Club site. I became a member of Mickey Moms Club last year due to not being chosen for the Moms panel for WDW. The email states to enter your username and password. I am assuming this is my Disney site username and password. When I do that, I am told that it is for members only. What gives? Did anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for your help.

JIMINY13
09-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Yes, the same thing happened to me. It then told me that it was only for members and directed me to the regular Disney site. I emailed the contact site and asked them if there was any issues with the site.

Daisy712
09-14-2008, 05:19 PM
I also contacted them, but haven't heard anything.

Thanks.

Catzle
09-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Is there another way to get your application in. I went into the Mickey Club Mom thing and it gives you all the directions but no where to go to sign up?

Daisy712
09-14-2008, 08:53 PM
See if this site helps. It looks like they are still taking applications.

http://disneyworldforum.disney.go.com/recruiting/default.aspx

Good luck:mickey:

Catzle
09-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Got it! Thanks,

pixiesmimi
09-18-2008, 10:26 PM
I have a question. I applied last year but didn't get it. I did get one of the packages with the magnet, etc. for the Mom's Club. I only got one newsletter and have never gotten anything else from them. I forgot about it except every once in a while wondered why I never got anything. I too didn't particularly think the answers on the panel were very good and didn't go back to it very often. But how come I have never gotten any newsletters or even an email about this new application? Has anyone else had this same experience?

SBETigg
09-19-2008, 07:43 AM
I have a question. I applied last year but didn't get it. I did get one of the packages with the magnet, etc. for the Mom's Club. I only got one newsletter and have never gotten anything else from them. I forgot about it except every once in a while wondered why I never got anything. I too didn't particularly think the answers on the panel were very good and didn't go back to it very often. But how come I have never gotten any newsletters or even an email about this new application? Has anyone else had this same experience?

Yes. I got the packet and two or three newsletters, but I didn't get the most recent ones with the news on the new application period. I thought perhaps my spam filter shut it out, but I don't know.

pixiesmimi
09-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Yes. I got the packet and two or three newsletters, but I didn't get the most recent ones with the news on the new application period. I thought perhaps my spam filter shut it out, but I don't know.

I thought the same thing too but I check my junk mail every day. I think I only received one newsletter and the package. That kind of makes me mad since they promised to keep us in the loop and club. That makes me think they really aren't serious about this thing because they don't keep up with what they said they were going to do in the first place. I applied last night and was surprised it was accepted. I figured that it would have reached the limit immediately like the first one did. Evidently not since this is the last day. I don't think it was advertised like it was before but if it was only sent to the ones getting the newsletters, then there are probably a lot more out there like us who didn't get it. :(

pixiesmimi
09-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Had to share from the Moms Club Newsletter!! How exciting!!

As a Mickey Moms Club member, we want you to be the first to know that we will be holding the search for the 2009 Walt Disney World® Moms Panel soon. The search will take place later this summer so keep your eyes open for more details in an upcoming newsletter as well as on www.disneyworldmoms.com . And if you want to apply to be on the Walt Disney World® Moms Panel, start thinking about what makes your love of Disney unique!

Any idea, Shari, why some of us stopped getting the newsletters? Is there an email address where we can ask them specifically?

JIMINY13
09-19-2008, 01:59 PM
I still have not been able to log into the site that was sent in the email they sent to me and no response from contacting Disney at the website. I have gotten about 3 to 4 newsletters since the club was formed and even a Happy Mother's Day email from the Mickeys Moms Club.

Jenemmy
09-19-2008, 03:40 PM
I thought the same thing too but I check my junk mail every day. I think I only received one newsletter and the package. That kind of makes me mad since they promised to keep us in the loop and club. That makes me think they really aren't serious about this thing because they don't keep up with what they said they were going to do in the first place. I applied last night and was surprised it was accepted. I figured that it would have reached the limit immediately like the first one did. Evidently not since this is the last day. I don't think it was advertised like it was before but if it was only sent to the ones getting the newsletters, then there are probably a lot more out there like us who didn't get it. :(

Sorry you aren't getting all the news to your in box!

About the limit, if I am not mistaken, they took 10,000 apps last year and this year they upped it to 20,000. Seems like last year, they had reached their limit within a very few days!

sgdisney
09-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm glad I saw this and just went and completed my application. Just a reminder, the deadline to apply is tonight at midnight!

pixiesmimi
09-19-2008, 11:11 PM
Sorry you aren't getting all the news to your in box!

About the limit, if I am not mistaken, they took 10,000 apps last year and this year they upped it to 20,000. Seems like last year, they had reached their limit within a very few days!

It is really strange because I get everything else from Disney without filtering so I don't think that is it. In fact my computer will tell me if there is something that comes in that is considered spam so I can view if I want. Maybe they had a computer glitch and it lost some of the newsletter addresses since I'm not the only one who didn't get this. Hopefully after applying again this time, I'll get put back on their mailing list and others will to.

Goofys*Gal
09-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Hi! I applied last year; didn't make it past the first round; received the package with the Mom's Club goodies; got a couple of emails; then they stopped coming. :confused:

I've been unable to log onto the "members only" website also. I get the message "this site is for members-only", but yay, I'm now logged onto the disney site! :shrug:

I also sent an email, but haven't gotten a response.

Flower
09-22-2008, 08:59 AM
As far as I know. I have received a few emails, including the one a few months back stating that they were going to be looking for a new panel come September.

I forgot that the application process stopped on the 19th, which is strange because one of the major Toronto newspapers ran an article in the Saturday Globe and Mail (Sept 20). I did not see the article, but my FIL called me to suggest I apply, which of course I did on day 1. Weird that they would run an article after the app process.

elmjimmlm
09-22-2008, 09:18 AM
I've been unable to log onto the "members only" website also. I get the message "this site is for members-only", but yay, I'm now logged onto the disney site! :shrug:

I also sent an email, but haven't gotten a response.

I did receive my email in about a week and they did send my user name and they reset my password...Hope yours comes soon...

DisneyBabies
09-22-2008, 10:56 AM
How do you become a member of the Mickey Mom's Club? Do you have to try out for the Mom's Panel?

pixiesmimi
09-22-2008, 05:28 PM
I did receive my email in about a week and they did send my user name and they reset my password...Hope yours comes soon...

Do you think maybe that is why we haven't gotten the newsletters? Maybe they had computer problems? If we can't log in, maybe that is it. I'm going to try to log in and see what happens.

Flower
10-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Woo Hoo...I got my rejection letter!!! :humph: (sarcasm)

Kinda figured that would happen....did anyone here make it to the next round?