PDA

View Full Version : Indiana to the World

cmshelton1979
06-30-2008, 02:32 PM
I am not sure if this is the right spot to be posting.......but...

Anyone made the drive from Indiana to Disney? I am going down in the beginning of August. I'll be going through (KY, TN, Georgia to FL). If anyone has been or knows of any super delays, I'd appreciate it.

Only 37 more days till I leave!!!:mickey:

MushuGrl
06-30-2008, 03:01 PM
My best friend lives near Jasper and just returned..I'll ask him and get back with you!

MushuGrl
06-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Here's his reply:

Actually, there's quite a bit of construction going on, but it was a VERY easy drive.

Lot's between Bowling Green and Nashville on I-65.

Lot's on I-75 between Macon and the Florida State Line.

It was probably the BEST drive down we've had, both in terms of traffic and in terms of delays (which were NONE).

We took the BY-PASS around Atlanta (I-285), and it was a BREEZE!

Generally smooth sailing the entire way.

ThunderChunky21
06-30-2008, 03:16 PM
I live in Ft. Wayne. Some friends who moved to Orlando in September were home to visit this weekend. They experienced an hour and a half delay near Nashville, TN (which they hit around 9PM on Wednesday) on their way to Fort Wayne. They went through Atlanta at @ 4:30PM (near rush hour) and flew right through it (which is amazing).
In all the trip took them 16.5 hours which they drove straight through. In times that I have driven to Orlando, it has taken closer to 18.5-19 so they were driving fairly fast.

Hope this helps.

tink2006
06-30-2008, 03:52 PM
I leave Wednesday :yay::joy: . Will let you know when I get back. A friend just got back yesterday and said it was 1.5 hours to go through ATL due to paving work. They ended up going on the Bypass.

tink2006
07-21-2008, 11:21 AM
We got back last week. There was only one major delay - ATL. I would suggest to take the bypass. They are still paving. AAA stated that it would go on until Oct '09. Other than that...it was a smooth drive