PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant tips

Thriller
06-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Hi all,

After 6 years of absence, I'm planning to visit WDW again. Unlike last time, I want to make sure I have enough time and be able to do some nice dining along the way.

Victoria & Albert's has been a wish of mine, but the dress code made me a bit less enthusiastic - dragging a suit with me on a 3 week trip for just a dinner is a bit much.

What other restaurants at the resort would be worth visiting, as far as fine dining is concerned?

Thanks for any tips,
Tonny

P.S. off-topic, do they still have the wonderful Illuminations pre-show music they had back in 2003?

Mackflava99
06-30-2008, 02:08 PM
in the fine dining catagory:i just got back today from 10+ days at WDW-
i went to these places for the first time-

le Cellier
California Grill

And have been to Artist's Point Before-

All are tremendous-

SBETigg
06-30-2008, 02:17 PM
For fine dining with a relaxed dress code, you can count on a number of the Signature dining restaurants. No bathing suits, torn clothing, tank tops, flip flops allowed, but you can wear nicer shorts, jeans, even T-shirts (though you'll probably be more comfortable in a polo style shirt or something just a little more dressed up than a tee).

I love California Grill and Narcoossee's, but I would add Artist Point, Jiko, Flying Fish, Citricos, or Hollywood Brown Derby to the list. Victoria and Albert's is no doubt a special experience and worth a visit, but I understand your hesitation and I think you can get some really excellent meals at the places I've listed.

Epcot still has Illuminations, and it is spectacular, but I can't think of what pre-show music you might mean? Sorry.

henry.james.s
06-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Absolute musts are The California Grill & The Flying Fish. You can time your visit to the CG to catch the fireworks @ MK from your table or the observation deck. And if you have a early dinner @ FF it's a short walk or boat ride to see Illuminations @ Epcot. :thumbsup:

r4kids
07-01-2008, 12:53 AM
I am not sure it is signature dining but I have heard Boma is great. We also really like Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club.:cloud9:

KineGirl
07-01-2008, 01:58 AM
I could never rave enough about Jikos! The food is absolutely amazing and unique. I like California Grill too but if given a choice of the two I would pick Jikos menu everytime. I also love sitting at the Chefs Table/Bar chatting with the Chefs, watching them prepare the food and then cooking it in the wood oven - an artform in itself. They have an extensive and impressive wine list as well as some of the best coffee on property.

Its come to be a MUST on every trip now!

Enjoy!.. where ever you wind up! :eat: :wine:

Natazu
07-01-2008, 02:28 AM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Fine Dining Restaurants that don't Require a Suit:
7. Le Cellier
6. Il Mulino
5. Marrakesh
4. Narcoossee’s
3. Citrico’s
2. Flying Fish Café
1. California Grill

Thriller
07-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Thanks for your tips and comments, all! It'll be of great help to make the next WDW visit all the more amazing :)

P.S. Illuminations used to have a half hour preshow section with lots of panflute and drums sort of music. I have it on CD, and love it to bits :)

Mickey 101
07-02-2008, 10:06 PM
I know exactly the pre-show music you are referring to. Illuminations is a big tradition on our trips....we try to catch it at least five different nights while there. The music, along with the lit torches, really sets the mood for the show. Sadly, they've changed the pre-show music and even the torches aren't going for nearly as long as they used to be.......it seems like its only about five minutes before showtime. You'll get a chance to compare the new selection of music with what you're used to, though. Have a great trip! :mickey: