PDA

View Full Version : BC - Is it in good shape?

JoDisney
06-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Is Beach Club in great shape or is it in need of refurbishing? I like that you can walk to Epcot. However, is it in need of being cleaned and updated? If so, what deluxe resorts have been updated?

Finiamh
06-30-2008, 01:36 PM
I haven't been there recently but have heard in different forums that it is starting to show some wear. The Tidbits updates given on Intercot and Mouseplanet lists the construction paperwork Disney files with Orange County, this entry is from June 9th on MP.

Beach Club Resort Main Lobby – Provide conduit wire and power to the first floor PhotoPass location
Beach Club Resort – General demolition, finish carpentry, sealants & caulking, painting, plumbing, reupholstery of select existing upholstered furniture, installation of new window treatments, refinishing of select existing items, assembly & installation of new FF&E(Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment), installation of carpet & base

I will be going there in late 2009 and am gald it will be getting a touch up.

TammiMcMan
06-30-2008, 02:18 PM
To the best of my knowledge, they've been doing a soft rehab and updating the electronics in the room. It's been about 7 years since the last big refurb though and it does appear that they are due for one.

Crow
06-30-2008, 10:26 PM
i stayed there a few yrs ago & saw some rehab work then. I wasnt really a fan, other than the great location. Ill b there in Sept & will check things out

Jarrod
07-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Just returned from BC a few weeks ago. It is in need of a refurb, but is by no means in bad shape. Occasionally you'll see a stain on carpet or bed spread. Paint wearing thin in a few places. A Disney deluxe resort in need of refurb is IMO, still in much better shape than some other comparable chains (westin, hyatt) when they have not had a recent refurb.

pox24
07-03-2008, 09:33 AM
I was at the villas 3 weeeks ago and its fine. There was some outside refurbishing going on at the main building to the left of the entrance facing the villas, however the lobby was as new as ever.

bruin1344
07-03-2008, 11:45 AM
i visiting there in 2007 but didnt stay there, BC still looked great

wifey5794
07-05-2008, 09:18 AM
I was there 2 weeks ago for the first time and though I thought some places could use some sprucing up, over all it was a nice place. There was some scaffolding around outside that looked like they were doing work. We were never there during the day really to see what they were doing though.
We usually stay at GF but were there for Star Wars weekend and chose to stay closer to DHS. We were impressed and we loved the movies on the beach!
We will probably stay there again!

andmomlau
07-07-2008, 05:55 PM
I agree with the comment about the BC starting to show wear and tear. We have stayed at several places but always wanted to stay at BC. Last July, for our 25th anniversary, we treated ourselves. We did like it and we loved the location. However, I thought there would be a big difference from others that we stayed in and there was not. We had trouble with the AC, the rest rooms in the lobby were a mess on two occasions and I was really surprised. The furniture in the lobby definitely was showing wear... A gentleman in the lobby heard me telling my husban about the rest rooms and he went and complained, saying he has stayed there for years and never been disappointed until that trip. Would I stay there again? Absolutely! Was it terrible? Absolutely not! However, I have to say I expected more considering the price difference.

***The pool area was wonderful