PDA

View Full Version : YC or BC?

Simbajr4ever
06-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Thinking about YC next trip, due to the balcony's and "something different" but love the more family atmosphere at the BC. Any new experiences at either resort, or reccommendations? We used to stay YC years ago, but switched and haven't been back.
(Also we have no kids.)

BronxTigger
06-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Well, you've been to both and nothing has really changed at them over the years.

If you want something new but in the same area, why not try the Boardwalk Inn? I haven't been there yet but I believe they have full balconies in all their rooms. Also, it seems like a family atmosphere similar to the Beach Club.

bruin1344
06-30-2008, 01:15 PM
never stayed at YC but been there, i dont see much of difference between YC and BC other than BC being closer to Epcot and Boardwalk

Jarrod
07-01-2008, 11:26 PM
The really great thing about BC is that after a long day at EPCOT, its the closest walk back (especially if you stay by the quiet pool).

Donald's Girl
07-02-2008, 12:12 AM
We also have no kids and, although BC is nice, we found an elegance about YC that made it a little more special for us. Where we found the GF a little too stuffy for us, YC had that upscale feel but without the pretense.
As for the distance from Epcot, I really don't think the difference is great enough to say BC is closer.

WRWDisney
07-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Well, Beach Club is closer, so I guess people aren't just saying it is:secret:

I will concede it is not that much closer:thedolls:

Checkers
07-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Well, you've been to both and nothing has really changed at them over the years.

If you want something new but in the same area, why not try the Boardwalk Inn? I haven't been there yet but I believe they have full balconies in all their rooms. Also, it seems like a family atmosphere similar to the Beach Club.

We also have no kids and, although BC is nice, we found an elegance about YC that made it a little more special for us. Where we found the GF a little too stuffy for us, YC had that upscale feel but without the pretense.
As for the distance from Epcot, I really don't think the difference is great enough to say BC is closer.

My DH & I have stayed at both the YC & BC and liked both, however, if you are traveling without children the YC is a more quiet resort. We also felt that the GF was too stuffy for us but our favorite among the Epcot resorts is the Boardwalk Inn because of the balcony and a "comfortable elegance" about it. That being said, all the Epcot resorts are terrific and I don't think you would be disappointed in any of them.

pox24
07-03-2008, 09:38 AM
The BC is a little more family oriented and some suggest the YC can be stuffy. I disagree. We prefer the YC because its quiet. Similar to the BCV. The YC offer fine dining and access to water activities just athe BC does. Both are fabulous places to stay.

disneydoug
07-04-2008, 09:42 AM
We stayed at BOTH in January. We had 5 days in BC concierge (we won the concierge upgrade from the Dream Squad when we arrived). We wanted to extend our stay and the YC was the only one that had a room.
Both were great. The BC was more convenient for our family's needs. We go to or through EPCOT a lot. The pool access was closer for us from BC.
The YC was quieter and more elegant. It was a closer walk to the FriendShip water taxis.
The CMs were awesome in both places. You will love them both.
The Boardwalk Inn is very nice, too. They have a fun pool atmosphere.

Bus service to any of the above is lacking a little as far as timing. We have stayed at these hotels 11 or 12 times and have found that the buses don't seem to be on as tight of a schedule as at some resorts. It is still not too bad.
You don't need a bus very often.

Doug