PDA

View Full Version : The Good, the bad, and the Magical Day 10

Mackflava99
06-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Day 10-
Today we woke up early-
Went to AK and rode Everest 3 times- 2 standby and one FP- it is such a tremendous ride.
Then off to Kilimanjaro safari- a little crowded. And a very long wait.
It was getting really hot, so we did the water ride and then took the train to conservation station.
At about 12;30 we decided to go to a water park, so we hit Typhoon lagoon. It was crowded, but not too bad, we had a great afternoon riding the waterslides- lazy river and finally the wave pool- which is sooo awesome. Stayed for just a few hours but it was great.
We had dinner at Beaches and Cream, and went to DTD since it was our LAST NIGHT 
We bought a few things and had them shipped home, and then spent an hour in Disney quest- I am a video junkie so I had a great time , almost as much as my kids did-. Virtual reality games are so well done there, I also love the make your own roller coaster. Then we hit Candy Cauldron for some fudge and went back home.
I ran over to Epcot before it closed to get a gift I forgot- as I walked out I had THAT FEELING- that I am going home and this year’s trip is over….such a sinking feeling in your stomach..
I hate the last night- after I packed, I couldn’t sleep so I went down to the Villa pool, and I swam a little and then went to the hot tub.
When I got back my wife was up too, we both hate leaving. It is so sad-
The Good- everest-
The bad – packing our bags
The Magical - The transportation today was flawless – on time and no waits-

ibrowse17
06-30-2008, 10:23 AM
I know that feeling well, and dread it each trip. It sounds like you have had a nice end to a nice trip, and I have enjoyed reading your reports:thumbsup:

yjgirl715
06-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Great report. I know that feeling all too well, but at least you had a great trip!!! Plus now you get to start planning the next one. :mickey:

KylesMom
06-30-2008, 11:13 AM
What a great beginning to your last full day in the world - Everest 3 times! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry your trip is coming to an end. Truly, the last evening when everything has to go back in the suitcase is SO disheartening. You've sure had a great trip, though! Your posts have been wonderful to read! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
06-30-2008, 11:21 AM
I hate THAT feeling. Its physically painful, isn't it??? Really, the only thing that helps is planning your next one.

dolphinmickey9170
06-30-2008, 09:32 PM
There is only one good thing about one trip ending.....having the dates planned already for the next one. It gives me something to look forward to. I'm already planning the next trip and what we want to do and places we want to eat while we are still in WDW!

I'm so sorry to see your trip ending. Your reports have been really fun to read. Thanks so much for sharing.:mickey:

DizNee143
07-01-2008, 03:17 PM
ooh its the last full day..i hate that!
but it sounds like you guys had a good time at AK and then some shopping at DTD...:mickey:

#1disneyfan
07-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh, I just hate those last day blues! Nothing worse than packing to go home and you just wish that last day would never come.

Sounds like you were able to get through the blues and make the most of your day however!

Thanks for sharing your reports!

wendy*darling
07-01-2008, 09:44 PM
THAT feeling- it's just terrible.
We get it each time, but it's a little easier since we made a vow NEVER to leave Disney property without knowing when we are returning! It sure helps a lot. :mickey:

faline
07-02-2008, 07:47 PM
THAT feeling that the unhappy day is just on the horizon begins with the bill hanging on the door!

The only cure is to plan another trip! Linda has it right!

ChipnDaleGal
07-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Sounds like we all recognize that feeling of the last full day. I especially hate looking at the bright happy faces of the people checking in on my last day. I don't even know them and I am mad at them. :blush:

pdrlkr
07-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Lizzie
07-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Thanks for another report.