PDA

View Full Version : The Good, the bad and the Magic :) Day 9

Mackflava99
06-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Day 9 –
BOY WAS I TIRED TODAY-
Yesterday, I was up at 6am, and went to sleep at 3:30 so I was bushed.
I got up at 9 am which is very uncharacteristic for me – We went right to the Villa pool, and swam for an hour-after breakfast-
Then we walked to World Showcase- at 10:30 ( it doesn’t open till 11) but I ran over and got a FP for test track.. We then walked around all the countries, the kids collected their Kid Cot items and did a lot of pin trading also- they got some wonderful pins. We went to the France movie, American Adventure-
And also we saw the Movie in China. We stopped and saw a few shows in different countries and really had a very relaxing slow walk around. We had no agenda, just to have fun. We Saw Mulan and Mushu at China, Belle was in the UK, And Donald as a Caballero was in Mexico-
We did eat in the American Pavilion and I do have a few comments:
1.) I saw a couple get pulled aside to get a special gift, I am not sure if it was the stay in Cinderella’s castle, but it was something really cool because they were jumping around and let with the 2 CMs. They were standing next to me, and literally my family was there 2 minutes prior, but both twins had to use the restroom, so my wife brought them. Darn !!! We missed it by a hair.
2.) I am perplexed by the selection of items in the American restaurant- The choices are : Double bacon Cheeseburger, Chicken sandwich, chicken nuggets and Caesar Salad. What does this say about American food? Do we feel that these represent American fare? Is Caesar Salad really American? I just feel we could be a little more creative with the selections… Do people come over from other countries waiting to sample our Chicken nuggets? This country has such a diverse population I think we could come up with something with selections like : St Louis ribs, Philly Cheese steak, Cajun shrimp, Maryland Crab cake…
Either way, I found the lunch to be fair at best… But I do say the American Adventure is a terrific show- I always enjoy it.
We went on Test Track after completing out tour of the showcase. – we had a fast pass, but that did no real good as there were problems with the doors to the room with the TV that gives you a prep for the ride… so the “Fast Pass” became a slow pass again, the fast pass line was almost out to the door. It took is 55 minutes to get on the ride. Either way, the ride was great and we went back to our hotel.
We swam for a few hours and then went to dinner at Garden Grove in the Swan. This is the 3rd year we have gone to the GG, it’s got very good food, and usually good service. Plus there are characters, and the interaction is great because there is no time rush like at the breakfasts.. The food was very good, and Goofy and Pluto spent a lot of time with my kids, which I appreciated. The service was so so- the waiter was sort of mean actually.
One of my twins had eaten 11 mini corndogs last year ( if you saw her she is a rail so that is very impressive. ) She tried to break her record, but could only eat 8 because she also ate some prime rib, which is her new favorite… She had been talking about breaking her record all week, but she didn’t..:)
After dinner we walked on the Boardwalk- my wife and I had a glass ( or 2) of sangria – the Spoodles sangria is sooo good. And we watched the boardwalk performers.
We went home, swam for an hour and then passed out.
The Good- The walk around Word showcase..
The bad – SLOW pass – I think it needs to be managed better
The Magical – Someone won a special gift- if it wasn’t us, I am glad someone won it, because they looked so so very happy.

KylesMom
06-30-2008, 11:06 AM
I can only imagine that you were dragging a bit today! I must agree with you (as do many others, I'm sure) about the offerings at the CS America pavilion. Awfully lame.

I honestly don't know that I've ever heard of Garden Grove at The Swan before! What a nice evening of "non-rushing".

That was a very nice thought to have regarding your "Magical" today! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
06-30-2008, 11:08 AM
I love those days when you have no agenda!!! Thats the perk of a longer stay!!!!!

Kairi_7378
06-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip! I've enjoyed your reports so far.

I agree with you about the food at the American Pavilion... but I shudder to think what a WDW version of a Philly cheese steak would be! (I haven't had a good one outside of Philly yet!)

dolphinmickey9170
06-30-2008, 09:26 PM
I also must agree with the lame choices in the American Pavillion. Nothing special...same stuff in most of the CS places. How about something special?

I'm so sorry you were dragging....but well worth it.

Thanks for sharing! I love your reports.:mickey:

pdrlkr
07-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizNee143
07-01-2008, 03:08 PM
ditto..about the food in america..its makes us seem so boring..we should get better food up in there..
sounds like yet another great day for you and your family!! :mickey:

faline
07-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Goodness! I would have been dragging too but with all you accomplished, you certainly seemed to have mustered up quote a lot of energy!

#1disneyfan
07-01-2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks for sharing your reports again. I am surprised you were able to get out of bed today and venture out to a park!

Too bad you missed the Dream Team, but it was very nice that you were glad they won.

Every time we have gone to go on TT something always happens. Usually breaks down or it starts to rain. Glad you were able to ride it, even after the long wait!

wendy*darling
07-01-2008, 09:39 PM
I love hanging out in World Showcase- it is by far our favorite park. There is so much to see and do- you could spend the whole day just watching live entertainment.

I am sure it felt good taking it easy after your marathon day yesterday. :mickey:

We at breakfast at Garden Grove once- no characters at breakfast, but a very nice buffet. It's a nice alternative, and very convenient if you are staying in the Boardwalk area.

ChipnDaleGal
07-03-2008, 11:50 AM
I think you were due to have a slower paced day, so I am sure it felt good to relax a little more today. Sorry your daughter was unable to beat her record, maybe next time. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

Lizzie
07-05-2008, 04:18 PM
I also agree with the choices in the American Pavillion. I still haven't found a counter service in World Showcase that I really enjoy.