PDA

View Full Version : The Good , the bad and the Magic:) Day 8

Mackflava99
06-30-2008, 10:12 AM
Day 8
Today we got up early and went o DHS- Ok, not all of us, only me…. I wanted to go to Star wars weekend one more time, because there were a few things I couldn’t see last week-

The kids wanted to go on the Beach Club’s treasure hunt. So my wife took them there and I told my family that I’s meet them at noon for lunch. Off I went to DHS alone…but not really, because a family we had met a few times at the pool was also going so I teamed up with them.
We knew it would rain today so we decided to do as much as we can before the downpours came..
I got to DHS at 8:10 ( they opened at 9) the line was incredible… I didn’t’ enter the park till 9:15 , I went right to Toy Story mania and the Fast pass was already at 4pm !! And the fastpass line was 40 people deep. The stand by line was at 50 minutes ( not too bad) BUT it was very difficult to navigate through the crowd, because everyone was piling in and cramming up the small passageway in the Pixar section.
It was almost bedlam, a lot of pushing and shoving… I tried to get in the single riders line, but the CM there said that they were experimenting with it and that it might not begin until later… At this point, I was sick of being shoved, so I went off to the rest of the park-
I went to the 10am Clone wars presentation- it was great, one of the directors was there, and we got to see a new character- live plus footage from the new movie. – then I got some pictures taken with Star Wars characters, went to One man’s Dream ( excellent exhibit) went on star tours, saw the HSM2 show…9 taped it for my kids) and then saw the Star Wars parade.. I then saw the behind the scenes presentation and bolted from the park, slightly later than I wanted, but It was too good to leave.
Star Wars weekend is totally awesome, everyone should do it.
I got back to the beach Club at 12:45 I did try an experiment, as the boat from DHS stopped at the Swan/dolphin, I got out of the boat and walked back.
I did not run, but walked my usual pace- Which is slightly fast, I beat the boat by at least 5 min.
These boats are great , but they are tragically slow…
I met my family as they were eating lunch at Hurricane Hannah’s ( fair food, not great by any means, but they do have a good chicken flatbread sandwich)
We then walked to Epcot. I Love being able to walk 8 minutes and be inside Epcot, that is very cool…Since I had not eaten, I grabbed a Fish & chips in the UK and we started walking around. We went to Ellen’s Universe f Energy, Soarin ( fast pass) Honey I shrunk the kids, Mission space again, spaceship earth, and rode the “Land” boat to see what we saw on the behind the seeds tour from a different angle. We walked around innovation for a while, and eventually we had to go to our dinner reservation at Coral reef.
We had never been to Coral reef, so we didn’t even know what expect. We got a seat right up at the glass, so it was sooo cool. I have been able to dive in the tank a few times (didn’t do it this trip) but I still am in awe of the enormous tank.
It was a monumental event for us because both our twins ( and we did NOT force them) ordered fish- that had never happened before in their 9 years. They like shrimp, and they have tried fish from my plate a few times, but for them to leave their chicken nuggets, pizza comfort zone actually shocked me. They had mahia mahia and loved it- eating every bite.
Our waiter (Dave) was terrific, the dinner was ok, my wife and I each had the steak, which tasted great but had a lot of fat and each had a giant vein running through it- so we left more than ½ untouched. The waiter noticed and asked what was wrong. We told him, but really didn’t make any fuss. Suddenly, the cook came over to our table. He asked to see the steaks and told us that it rarely happens. He wanted to give us another one. We declined, but said, can we just split a mahi-mahi? He said it will be here in a moment, and rushed off- we got a plate with a big portion of fish right away. It was superb.
I was touched that the chef would come by, but he wanted us to be happy , that gave me a good feeling.
Oh, and the Chocolate wave desert was outstanding too !!
During dinner, we got a very special treat, all of a sudden a lot of people started pointing in the tank.
To our surprise, Mickey Mouse was in the water in scuba gear!!?? No joke.
( I got it on film) he came to the window near my kids and waved to them , blew them kisses, etc- it was so cool . I am not sure how that outfit works but I do know it was cumbersome, because 2 other divers were helping him. ( Also making sure the sharks didn’t get him) The waiter told us this only happens 8-9 times a year so we were very lucky to see it.
We left Coral reef, and then went on Nemo ( no wait)- tried test track ( closed for technical difficulties again) and walked back, we saw Off Kilter and then watched Illuminations, Which is always a wonderful show. We walked back and the kids fell asleep pretty quickly…
I wanted to get an engraved x-mas ornament, so I decided to go to MK since it was EMH, so I got on the bus and got there very fast. I was able to go on a ton of rides with no wait, ( I had not been on Peter pan or Snow white in years) – I also had a few snacks like Dole Whip , I ended up staying there till 2;30am….wow, I didn’t realize how late it was. I was lucky to get a quick bus back to the beach club and fell asleep at 3:30am. ( I also brought my family back 2 Cinnamon Buns back from the main Street bakery) they were so happy to get them.
I must say that the Jungle Cruise is a lot better at night, plus the SFR treehouse has a great view at night- its worth going. The haunted mansion is also much better at night ( I went 2 consecutive times)
Literally from 10:45 to 2;30 I was able to go on 75% of the attractions at MK- no wait, no issues, I was pretty impressed.
I was proud of myself- 3 parks in 1 day !!!!!!!!
The Good- Star wars – Clone Wars show was just very special
The bad – A Really big Vein in my steak
The Magical – MICKEY IN SCUBA GEAR !!!!!!

KylesMom
06-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Isn't Star Wars Weekends a blast? So glad you had time on this day to enjoy, even though it was crazy-crowded! How cool is that about Mickey at Coral Reef? Bummer about your steak, though! At least they tried to make it right . . . :thumbsup:

Happy to hear you were able to experience a lot during MK pm EMH - typically when we attend around this time of year, it is crowded until shortly before closing. Three parks IS impressive! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
06-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Ugh. You made me queasy with the steak description!
All I can say is you really know how to work those parks! You certainly did alot, but you're making me sad about the Toy Story ride. Hope we have a fighting chance of doing it in August.

yjgirl715
06-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Oh WOW Mickey in scuba gear- that is so awesome. A real bummer about the vein- but as the last poster said they at least tried to make it up to you. I loved eating at the Coral Reef- mainly for the view. Thanks again for a great report.

dolphinmickey9170
06-30-2008, 09:20 PM
You have scared me from wanting to try Coral Reef....we are not seafood eaters, but want to try it for the atmosphere....also we are going with another family. I sure hope this doesn't happen to us.

Thanks for taking us throught the parks with you. What a great day! :mickey: I'll take one of those Main Street Cinnamon Buns.:cloud9:

#1disneyfan
06-30-2008, 10:47 PM
3 parks in one day, WOW! We have done it only once and I will just say that might feet were burning by the end!

Thanks for sharing your families great day!

Mackflava99
06-30-2008, 11:27 PM
I appreciate everyone taking the time to read my trip report- as for the vein in Coral reef- they totally made up for it- so i dont hold it against them. the Chef actually came to the table- He was so nice- i felt bad for the fact we complained ( my wife actually told the waiter, we really didnt even complain.)
Up to that point it was a great meal- and the dessert was great- so it ended very well- i ended up tipping him alot-

pdrlkr
07-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizNee143
07-01-2008, 02:32 PM
what an awesome day!
that is sooooo freakin cool about mickey scuba diving..that must have been so neat to see!!! im very jealous...do you have any pictures?? :mickey:

faline
07-01-2008, 06:48 PM
You packed a whole lot into one terrific day!

DisneyWhirled
07-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I totally agree about those tragically slow boats!!

Thanks for the great trip report!

wendy*darling
07-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Now this one sounds like my kind of day! Gate to gate- all day long. :mickey:
You sure did get a lot done. Star Wars, Mickey diving and MK EMH. :thumbsup:

I am very glad to hear they took care of you at Coral Reef. We ate there years ago, and have shied away from it since. We didn't have a bad experience, but I hkept reading about how they had gotten bad over the years since.
We do have a lunch ADR in October- so I am ready to give it another try.

I can't wait to read Day 9 to see how you did the next day. ;)

ChipnDaleGal
07-03-2008, 09:12 AM
You were a crazy Park Commando today, and it all sounded fabulous!!! How cool that Mickey was swimming in the tank during your dinner. :thumbsup: Thank you for another terrific report. :mickey:

Lizzie
07-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Wow! What a full day.