PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me What To Expect - 1st 2 weeks in August

mermaidmarian
06-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Hi All:

Gearing up for our next wonderful trip to the World...or as I like to call it....my Florida vacation home. :mickey:

Work and school schedules have necessitated changes to our past vacation practices, and so now we are visiting for a week during the first half of August.

Tell me what to expect (be kind...but honest) in terms of weather and crowds.

TIA!

WishingStar2006
06-30-2008, 08:54 AM
It is VERY HOT and VERY HUMID but the later in August you go, the crowds lessen.

Drink lots of water, get the spray water bottles and take a break back at your resort mid-day....those are my survival tips. We often go in August....it's just as hot as July but the crowds are less!

Enjoy...we just planned a quick trip in August too...can't wait!

Lorraine444
06-30-2008, 11:08 PM
I've been 2X in the last 2 weeks of August.
An example of how H&H it is.....
You walk out of the hotel room & your glasses fog up. You try to take a picture & your camera has fogged up.... I can take it while I'm there, when I get home I feel reallly, really,
heat exhausted, and drained for about a week.
I'm 42!
This year I'll be going from 8/5-8/17, not sure there will be much of a difference.
Go early & utilize fast passes is the best way to get all your favorites in.

Beast_fanatic
07-01-2008, 10:08 AM
You try to take a picture & your camera has fogged up....

While you're in your hotel room, keep your camera sealed in a plastic bag as far away from the a/c unit as possible, and then leave it in the plastic bag as it reacclimates to the outside temperature. This will help minimize the fogging up.

forbella
07-01-2008, 01:26 PM
My family and I are about to take our annual trip (knock on wood) to WDW and each year it's on the week before school starts for us in Memphis, TN. So from my experience it is hot and really humid- just like the other posts you'll be reading, very, very hot and very, very humid. Drinking lots of water helps and finding as many indoor rides as possible- amazing what fun you can have looking for nice cool places to take a break at DW. My daughter loves it's a small world and we do to...just because of the shade and AC (and the ride as well):thumbsup:
As far as crowds, since I've only gone around this time of year for a few years now- it's busy, last year it seemed more crowded than ever for some reason. But, hey any bad day at WDW is better than the best day at work!:mickey:

Small personal fans (WalMart, Target) and spray bottles will be your best friends!

IloveDisney71
07-01-2008, 01:30 PM
If you're at the Parks during mid-day (hot), that would be a great time to take in the various shows offered at the parks. They give you the chance to cool down in the a/c and rest your tired feet.

mouseketeer mom
07-01-2008, 07:13 PM
I've been 2X in the last 2 weeks of August.
An example of how H&H it is.....
You walk out of the hotel room & your glasses fog up. You try to take a picture & your camera has fogged up.... I can take it while I'm there, when I get home I feel reallly, really,
heat exhausted, and drained for about a week.
I'm 42!
This year I'll be going from 8/5-8/17, not sure there will be much of a difference.
Go early & utilize fast passes is the best way to get all your favorites in.

Yikes. I'm 43! That sounds awful and I'll be there for the first time in August this year! I'm so afraid of handling the heat!