PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Docking Station

Piglet822
06-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Ok, I'm electronically challenged.
I've got an Ipod but am looking into a docking station.
We're having a party and we don't have a stereo unit so I thought a docking station for the Ipod would work - I just don't know anything about which one to get, if it'll even work for what I want.
It'll be outside on the back porch so I'll need to be able to turn it up (not obnoxiously loud, we have neighbors) but just so you know it's there playing in the background.

MauiMouse
06-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Jeanne, I got one for my birthday in January and I love it. It use to be in my office but now I took it home. ;) I got the Sony S-Master Digital Amplifier CPF-iP001 from Target. It was like $169, it sounds awesome, has a subwoofer, the speakers are small and don't take up a lot of space, it's got a big bite in volume.

I thought about getting a Bose docking station, but they are a lot more expensive, and I'm very happy with my docking station. I'll see if I can find the Target link, and I shoot you off a PM.

Edit to Add: Plus another thing, take your ipod to the store with you, check them out! Just set them in and see what the sounds like. I did this also at Target. :D

ckaranassos
06-29-2008, 07:58 PM
The Bose Sound Dock is awesome. It is expensive, but well worth the money. You can purchase it at Circuit City or Target. It is portable.

TikiGoddess
06-29-2008, 08:33 PM
Hi Jeanne,

I had been looking for speakers for my ipod to play at school in my classroom, when I noticed that you really don't need to buy a whole new gadget to play it... just a cord. If you don't want to invest money into a docking station, you can also look into getting a cord to play your ipod through your tv or stereo. There are cords that plug into the headphone jack and can either plug into the red/white audio A/V on a tv, or into a stereo aux. plug. Best bet would be to go to a place like Radio Shack and ask them what you could use.

TikiG

AuntDJ
06-29-2008, 10:15 PM
I second the not needing a docking station.

I have one, but around Christmas, I took it to work for a party and we just used some computer speakers...plugged right in where your headphones would go.

So, if you have speakers attached to your computer, you could use those...they will go as loud as your ipod will allow....

DJ

citizensnoopy
06-29-2008, 11:25 PM
I love my JBL On Stage speaker. I've used it for holiday parties over the past few years and it's great! Got it at Costco for a very good price.

J9
06-30-2008, 02:21 AM
I love my JBL On Stage speaker. I've used it for holiday parties over the past few years and it's great! Got it at Costco for a very good price.

I would second the JBL On Stage! It's small, lightweight, and has GREAT sound. Added bonus - it looks sort of like a UFO!

coloradowendyl
06-30-2008, 08:27 AM
I have the Bose station and love it. I have it in the kitchen and it sounds good through out the house when cranked up...which is a majority of the time due to teenagers lol!

wendy

Carol
06-30-2008, 08:57 AM
The Bose system has amazing sound and is well worth every penny. I wouldn't invest in anything else - if you want awesome.

I have the Bose station and love it. I have it in the kitchen and it sounds good through out the house when cranked up...

wendy Yep. That's where mine lives too. :waycool: