PDA

View Full Version : no non stop flights to orlando!!!!

LiloLovesTheKing26
06-29-2008, 06:09 PM
I just rec an email from delta that our non stop flight we had out of nashville has been changed and now we have to stop over in atlanta!! So instead of a 1hr50min trip it's now like 6 hours! ugh!!

I checked just to see and there are non nonstop out of nashville, louisville or indianapolis.

I guess this has something to do with the cost of gas!!!

ugh ugh ugh!! :down::mad:

Ed
06-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Delta has changed a LOT of their flights to include a stop or plane change in Atlanta. And there are lots more to come.

As you probably already know, DELTA is actually an acronym:

Divert
Every
Leg
Through
Atlanta

-or-

Don't
Expect
Luggage
To
Arrive

sisterdisco
06-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Delta just called us on Friday and notified us of yet another flight change for our August flight--this is change #4.
What we ended up with was a connection in JFK with only 40 minutes to connect. The leg from JFK to MCO is the only non-stop to Orlando that day, and it was a completely booked flight.

I called the reservationist and nicely asked if we could please change through Atlanta, as I felt that if the 1st leg was 5" late we wouldn't make the transfer and then have to make 2 stops to get there. She was most accommodating, apologized about 10 times for the flight changes and put us on what I would consider a perfect flight for no charge.

Check the website and see what flight you want, and then try to call and get it. Good luck!

#1disneyfan
06-29-2008, 06:37 PM
I have flown Delta in the past, and well let me just say that I would drive before I would ever fly that carrier again!

I doubt that your changes have anything to do with the cost of gas. In fact, I would think it would be more cost effective not to have stops. Not sure if that is accurate, but just a thought.

Atlanta is Delta's hub. We have had multiple problems with them. Advice for the future, pick any other airline but Delta!

Sorry for your inconvenience, hope you have a great trip !!

LiloLovesTheKing26
06-29-2008, 06:56 PM
looks like next year we will try another airline. we have flown delta the last 3 years in a row with no problems until now!!!

At least we got our tickets cheap ($150) since they have sky rocketed now!!

I was sure looking forward to being there in less then two hours!!

I'm going to keep checking for better flights on their website and see what I can come up with! Normally it's just me and my husband but this year there are 5 of us so I know finding a better flight for 5 people will be difficult!!!

dephenn
06-29-2008, 08:41 PM
That's awful. I hope that the change doesn't alter any dining plans, it will obviously take away time in the parks. Delta did that to me the last time I flew with them. I had a 7am flight changed to a 3pm flight. The worst part is they never notified me, I just happened to check on my flight and noticed the change. I called and complained and got a 10am flight out. look on their web site and see if any other flights can get you there earlier. A group of five should not be that difficult, you may not sit together, but you if you get there sooner it is worth it. Best of luck. Now I fly Southwest.

bkfree
06-29-2008, 09:17 PM
We have always flown the nonstop flight with Delta to Orlando and yes, it is no longer available.

Instead I booked a non stop to Orlando thru SW and it was $400 cheaper for the 4 of us than Delta would have been.

And they had three nonstop flights per day to Orlando to choose from.
Check southwest online.

LiloLovesTheKing26
06-29-2008, 09:34 PM
dang I wish are tickets were refundable!!! I am going to look as SW next year for sure!!

merlinmagic4
06-30-2008, 08:18 AM
I guess I'm one of the few who have had great luck with Delta. I just purchased tickets for 400.00 less PER PERSON than I did on JetBlue this past April.

Also, you can sign up online with Delta to receive notification of any flight changes. They will call your phone, text your phone, or email you.

I bought an added nonstop flight. They usually fly three nonstops out of Boston and this is a fourth. I'll just keep in mind that we may be stopping in Atlanta. I'm just happy to get there at all for a great price!

g8rgirl29
06-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Bought Delta tickets for non-stop out of Richmond to MCO in April for September trip. Flight times changed 4 times, then non-stop changed to stop in Atlanta with a time change again. Called got changed to an earlier flight, two days later times changed again. We are up to 6 changes now, I have only been notified 2 times, I just keep checking every week. Next year I am not sure if we will fly, drive or take the train but I will not fly Delta. I made my plans to leave from Richmond(an hour and a half away) because of the non stop flight, I could have flown out a half hour from home with a one stop flight on another airline. My Mother always said you get what you pay for.... Man was she right, great price but the stress is not worth it!!!

MNNHFLTX
06-30-2008, 01:11 PM
I have heard of many similar experiences with Delta changing flight times and stops for its passengers. I'm afraid more airlines will be doing this in the near future as they pare down their flights and eliminate some cities from their roster.

SamG
06-30-2008, 05:31 PM
At least you were notified. We purchased our Dec. tickets in Feb, and when I checked in June, the non-stop got changed. They had us going though Cinci with a 50 minute layover. Travelling with three kids (10, 5, 2), there was no way we'd make that. So I picked what flights I wanted and said "Here's what you'll do for me.".

Now we go through Atlanta, but with a 90 minute stop. Yes, the flight is longer, but you can't expect Delta (or SW, American, US Air, etc) to keep the exact same schedule (as nice as it would be).

Regarding signing up for changes, the only thing I found on Delta's site was to be notified of changes within 24 hours of departure... not a real big help.

MatterhornMiss
06-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Sorry your flight got changed around. :( If you can book on another airline without being penalized, we've flown nonstop to Orlando from both Nashville and Louisville on Southwest. However, the cost of their flights is really fluctuating right now. Sometimes I search and the flights are still (relatively) low cost; other times it is just as expensive (or more) to fly Southwest. There are generally more (and slightly cheaper) flights from Nashville, compared with Louisville

MushuGrl
07-02-2008, 12:18 PM
As of right now, my Northwest non-stop is still on, and Northwest is still selling non-stop flights for pretty good prices (I saw a $221 when I looked today.)