PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Mug Question

Guya103
06-29-2008, 05:46 PM
My family and I will be visiting WDW this August. The first two days we will be staying at POFQ, the second two days WL, and the remaining seven days CBR. If we purchase refillable mugs at POFQ are we able to use them at the other resorts or not? Thanks!:mickey:

PetefromRI
06-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Yes,
The mugs are good for the length of stay on Disney Property.If you stayed for 6 months you could use the same mug no matter how many resorts you stayed at.The mugs aren't resort specific anymore,they just have a generic label on them.11 days sounds like a nice trip to me.Have Fun!!!

Guya103
06-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Thank you for the quick response!

brownie
06-30-2008, 09:23 AM
Yes,
The mugs are good for the length of stay on Disney Property.If you stayed for 6 months you could use the same mug no matter how many resorts you stayed at.The mugs aren't resort specific anymore,they just have a generic label on them.11 days sounds like a nice trip to me.Have Fun!!!

When did this change? As far as I know, you can only use your mug at your resort/sister resorts (i.e. any of the All-Stars). Here's the page from Info Central: Refillable Mugs (http://intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/mugs.asp).

like2workout
06-30-2008, 09:36 AM
i stayed at coronado springs in april and they had their own refillable mug that wasn't the year of a million dreams mug. it has panchito from the three caballeros on it. i was excited to find a different one.

big blue and hairy
06-30-2008, 10:12 AM
i stayed at coronado springs in april and they had their own refillable mug that wasn't the year of a million dreams mug. it has panchito from the three caballeros on it. i was excited to find a different one.
That's because Disney doesn't run that food court for some reason. It's leased out. As soon as WDW went to the generic blue refillable mugs, they were good at any resort for refills for your length of stay.

:sulley:

FTDW Poly 08
06-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Dumb question: are the mugs also good at the parks or only at the resorts?

MNNHFLTX
06-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Dumb question: are the mugs also good at the parks or only at the resorts?Refillable mugs that you buy at the resorts are good at the resorts only. At the present time there is no refillable mug program offered at the parks.:mickey:

magicofdisney
06-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Refillable mugs that you buy at the resorts are good at the resorts only. At the present time there is no refillable mug program offered at the parks.:mickey:
She is correct about the mugs, but at AK there is a green, plastic beverage holder (with an animal topper) that can be refilled multiple times. The initial cost is $7 and refills are $1. There is no disclaimer for this item so it can be reused over and over. :mickey:

Jarrod
07-01-2008, 11:35 PM
When did this change? As far as I know, you can only use your mug at your resort/sister resorts (i.e. any of the All-Stars). Here's the page from Info Central: Refillable Mugs.

We were at BC in May and this was new to us also. It makes more sense so if you resort hop during your stay, or if you switch resorts you can use the refillable mug.

MNNHFLTX
07-02-2008, 09:09 AM
When did this change? As far as I know, you can only use your mug at your resort/sister resorts (i.e. any of the All-Stars). Here's the page from Info Central: Refillable Mugs (http://intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/mugs.asp).
This apparently started with the Year of a Million Dreams celebration, when all the resorts went to the same design of mug. Not sure if it's a temporary thing or if the resorts will each go back to their own design after the celebration ends.

The mugs are still only good for the length of stay though.

hokies4life
07-02-2008, 01:17 PM
While I haven't been during the YOAMD, I'm hoping they eventually go back to the individual resort designs, just because they are nice to have in a collection.

But I do agree with the ease of being able to resort hop and not having to buy new mugs each time you switch.

:chipdale: