PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know about the couple who do the Christmas Decor??

murphy1
06-29-2008, 04:01 PM
I heard that either the husband or wife died who do the major decorating at FW on their RV and site, is that true? Are they the same ones who are on the Travel Channel on the Sam Brown Disney Christmas show?

medic9016
06-29-2008, 05:24 PM
They are the same ones on the Travel Channel. The wife passed away. I'm not sure how long ago. I read about them not long ago.

Colson39
07-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Yes, unfortunately she did pass away :( She passed on Christmas Day this past Christmas, 2007. She had been battling cancer for a long time, and would go between here and Michigan (I believe that was their home state).

He decided to stay at the Fort instead of leaving, in fact, I think he's still there now. From what everyone has said, he plans to keep on visiting the Fort long term (although they usually would always go back home for a while).

And yes, they were featured on the Travel Channel, in fact, that video was taken only a couple months before she passed. I'm sure he's going to even go more all out this upcoming Christmas.

Camping Mom
07-05-2008, 12:31 AM
How sad...we were there at Christmas 2007 and yes, their site was VERY decorated. We made a point of driving by (we stay at Ft. Wilderness, too) to see their site because of Samantha Brown's show.