PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me about Victoria & Alberts...

Tinkerbellfan
06-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Hello,

To us, one of the best parts of our Disney vacations is the food. We have tried most of Disney World's signature restaurents. And, each trip to WDW, we like to try at least one new restaurant. This trip, we are trying 4 new restaurants - Yak & Yeti, The Wave, Chef De France and for a very special treat - Victoria & Alberts.

We have had wonderful experiences at California Grill, Jikos, Flying Fish and ARtist Point. We haven't minded the cost of a two person dinner for $150. But, this meal will cost us around $400.

So, my question is --- for a very special treat, is Victoria & Alberts worth it? We are a party of two adults.

Thanks!

c&d
06-30-2008, 10:17 AM
We were lucky enough to get the Chef's Table for our 10th anniversary dinner and it was the best meal we've ever had. We sampled everything on the menu it was all excellent. The meal will take a long time, plan on at least 2 hours.

I believe they offer the option of a wining pairing with each course, I highly recommend it.

For a truly memorable dinner you can't go wrong with V&A's.

FYI, I believe no one under the age of 16 is allowed to dine there. If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

meldan98
06-30-2008, 01:10 PM
We went to V&A while we were on our honeymoon for Xmas dinner and it was fabulous. We weren't even into wine and fine food at the time and we still LOVED it.

It is very romantic and elegant.

We did not get the chef's table but sat in the main dining area. They had a harp playing and a fire going in the fireplace. There were I believe, just 3 or 4 tables and those were well spaced out, so that you really couldn't hear the conversations at the other tables.

The food was amazing. There were 6 or 7 courses served and it did take over 2 hours, but it was 2 hours that were well spent. We were able to just relax and enjoy our dinner. If and when we ever go again, we will definately get the wine pairings.

On a funny note, we stayed at the Beach Club and we walked through Epcot to get to the monorail to take it over to the GF. We got really funny looks when we were headed to and from dinner. My dh was is a suit and I was wearing a cocktail dress and heels.

Natazu
07-01-2008, 02:59 AM
Vicky's is a beautifully decorated gourmet dining room. The seatings are small, less than 70 people, so its quiet. When you are seated, you will be presented with the night's menu, personalized just for you right down to any allergies each person might have.

You'll tell your team of servers (who now use their real names instead of Victoria & Albert) what item you want from each of the six expertly crafted courses. Wine pairings are available for each course or by the bottle from $20 - $10,000. Then, your experience begins. Every aspect of gourmet dining is observed, from crummers to the Queen Victoria dessert spoon. Through each course, you will receive the best service imaginable from the Vicky's team. The food is always perfect. Not a morsel goes unfinished. Continually a top choice from AAA to Zagat, Victoria and Albert's is worth every award they display, including one of only four AAA Five Diamond Awards in the entire state.

And then there's the coffee.... oooh, the coffee. Worth a trip to Orlando by itself.

DisneyLove
07-01-2008, 11:42 AM
While it is expensive, it is worth EVERY PENNY. As previous posters have said, it isn't dinner, it's truly a dining experience. Again, as mentioned, the menus are personalized for each person. I ate there once with my friend who doesn't eat red meat. When we arrived, anywhere on my menu where I had a dish with red meat her menu had another delicious creation suited to her dietary needs. It's not even that they took the dishes off her menu- they created something special for her. At first you may think that you will leave hungry because the portions may seems small, but I have left full both times I've eaten there.

I would recommend doing the wine pairings- the wines are wonderful and really complement the food. I had an incredible sparkling pinot noir- mmmmm. I would recommed V&A's in a heartbeat- it is an amazing dining experience like nothing else you will find in WDW. (Even other meals that do a several-course prix fix menu don't compare). Go and enjoy!

pox24
07-03-2008, 10:16 AM
I agree with all of the above. The only draw back for us was the length of the meal. Three hours is just too long for me. What do all think?
Other than that it was a special treat and would most certainly try it again sometime.

Maleficent's Dad
07-03-2008, 09:04 PM
V&A's is - IMHO - a bit of a bargain! If you were to have such a lavish meal in any other major city in the USA, you'd pay double the price (at least!). I can't imagine what they'd charge you in NYC...

Anyways, V&A's is an incredible experience. One of the few places to serve foie gras, Kobe beef, and made-to-order souffles. The meal, the service, the food, the ambience, the setting, and the atmosphere are all over the top excellent. I can't say enough about this place.

While I'm not a vino drinker - a shame, I know :shake: - they have a fantastic list as well as pairings available.

And as Jym stated above - GET THE COFFEE!!! Even if you're not a coffee drinker, it's worth the experience. Very, very cool to watch, and a great accompaniment to those souffles!!!