PDA

View Full Version : Narcoosees.recent reviews & tips?

Crow
06-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Sept 4th at 5:35 will be my first meal there.
ill be using 2 TS credits on DDP.
but the menus i looked at didnt look recent.
any suggestions for food,:marg::beer:
after the meal I will head to MK for Spectro & Wishes
& I was told that nice jeans are fine. which is what i wore to CG &AP last trip

Tinkerbellfan
06-29-2008, 01:24 PM
Hello,

We ate at Narcoosees in December. During this trip, we dined at many of Disney's signature restaurants since our party was 4 adults. This was my mother's favorite meal. We shared the calamari for our appetizer. And, my mother and I both ordered the Maine lobster. It melted in our mouths - it was truly wonderful. The lobster came cracked so it wasn't really messy to eat.

We have dined at Narcoosee's twice now. I would rank it among the top 10 restaurants at Disney but I prefer some of the other signature restaurants more so - including Jikos, Flying Fish, Artist Point and California Grill.

Either way, I am sure you will enjoy your meal at Narcoossees~

ibrowse17
06-29-2008, 01:44 PM
We love Narcoosee's and ate there on our last trip in Feb. I had the filet, and DW had the lobster. Both were wonderful, as was watching Wishes from our table:thumbsup:

Aggie97
06-29-2008, 05:49 PM
We love Narcoossee's for its food, service, atmosphere, and view of the castle and fireworks. We ate there most recently in Feb. I just checked my trip notes to see what we ate and how we liked each item. :)

We had mixed drinks at the bar and another round at the table (Cape Cod w/ Grey Goose for me; whiskey sour w/ Makers Mark for my husband).

I started with the pear and endive salad with blue cheese and pecans, and my husband started with the crab cakes. My notes read, "Delicious!" Then I had the filet mignon with gratin potatoes; DH had the filet mignon with lobster tail and gratin potatoes. I wrote, "Some of the best steaks we've ever eaten -- truly fork-tender and just perfectly prepared." We split the chocolate almond gateau for dessert ("Fantastic!").

You'll be fine wearing nice jeans, shirt and shoes.

Have a great time! :mickey:

SBETigg
06-29-2008, 06:11 PM
I was there last August, so not recent, but we loved it. Jeans are now acceptable on the dress code as long as they aren't torn or frayed. Don't be afraid to order the chicken. I know the seafood is the main draw here, but my daughter's chicken dish was truly amazing. My filet and lobster tail was good, but I did find the tail to be lacking. I'm used to fresh Maine lobster. The lobster tail with the filet used to be ME lobster but was changed to rock lobster right before I went there. My son and husband both had excellent fish dishes. The cherry cheesecake dessert was one of the best I've had at WDW.

Do plan some time to enjoy the bar before or after your meal, even if you just get a soft drink. The bartender had a great attitude and we enjoyed talking to him (not that you'll get the same one, but the atmosphere and service was great).

Narcoossee's Review (August 07) (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1420095#post1420095)

SurferStitch
06-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Narcoossee's is our favorite restaurant in WDW (after V&A, but that's a different league).

We've always had excellent food and service. Tom is our very favorite server, and we will request him again in October.

Food is always prepared perfectly, and you don't leave there hungry. Portions are large, but not so large that you waste a lot of food.

Their lobster/filet is delicious. I get that often. :thumbsup:

Crow
06-29-2008, 08:35 PM
sounds like filet & lobster for me! & of course Im always up for drinks.
i never really wanted to try anyplace in GF before but i heard good things so I might as well.
thanks!

Natazu
07-01-2008, 03:12 AM
sounds like filet & lobster for me! & of course Im always up for drinks.
i never really wanted to try anyplace in GF before but i heard good things so I might as well.
thanks!

Good to see you're willing to sacrifice, buddy. ;)

jokat
07-02-2008, 10:44 PM
I just wanted to say we'll be enjoying Narcoossee's the night before you are, 9/3, which is our arrival day. We chose this as our first night's dinner because it is always a must-do for our Disney dining. Years ago, they served an Asian Chicken Confit appetizer that was so very scrumptious. We haven't seen it since first trip in 2001 though. We always enjoy our experience at Narcoossee's and are certain you will too! Enjoy! Maybe we'll see you in the World! :mickey:

Crow
07-03-2008, 11:08 PM
I just wanted to say we'll be enjoying Narcoossee's the night before you are, 9/3, which is our arrival day. We chose this as our first night's dinner because it is always a must-do for our Disney dining. Years ago, they served an Asian Chicken Confit appetizer that was so very scrumptious. We haven't seen it since first trip in 2001 though. We always enjoy our experience at Narcoossee's and are certain you will too! Enjoy! Maybe we'll see you in the World! :mickey:
hope to see you somewhere!
i still have a few meals to fill, so i have some consideration to do