PDA

View Full Version : First Day Arrival Rituals???

VolMickey
06-29-2008, 12:11 PM
:secret: We're thinking of going to DHS, as we'll arrive around lunch time on the first day. Anyone have one to share? :confused:

tinklover
06-29-2008, 12:31 PM
our first day we usually hand around the resort swim relax go to DTD and shop. Then start a fresh new day with the parks.:cloud9:

em-n-mia's-mommy
06-29-2008, 12:41 PM
our first day we usually hand around the resort swim relax go to DTD and shop. Then start a fresh new day with the parks.

This is usually what we do also. We found that if we go to the parks immediately we are quite exhausted the entire trip.

biodtl
06-29-2008, 12:57 PM
We always head straight to Casey's for lunch.

Wrigley
06-29-2008, 01:06 PM
We usually walk around the resort and check out the pools for a bit, then we usually head over to MK for the late afternoon and evening!:cloud9:

disneydeb
06-29-2008, 01:41 PM
This year if we drive, we will get there about 4 in the afternoon. We will unpack, head to DTD, shop a bit, have dinner at Wolf Gang Pucks and take in Cirque du Soliel.:thumbsup:

Which is somewhat like we usully do, except this is our first Cirque experience.

Figment52
06-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Our first 2 visits were off grounds, so I think we just hung out at the pool. I can't remember, honestly.

When we started staying on grounds, we would still only get park tickets for the full days. Arrival day was usually spent at DTD, or exploring other resorts.

Then we got length of stay packages (which they don't do anymore), and later park tickets for all days we were in FL. Now, we usually head to MK after we've unpacked and settled in. This year, though, we were thinking of dinner in the World Showcase since I believe there is a MNSSHP on our arrival day so it closes at 7pm:(

JenniferS.
06-30-2008, 06:53 AM
We don't usually go to the parks either, but our flights have changed and we will be there by 11:00 and its the twins birthday that very day. We are going to go to MK for lunch, hang out, then dinner at the castle for their b-day. I can't wait to get there!! 65 more days.

RALPH
06-30-2008, 07:22 AM
We check into our hotel (BC) and head over to England in Epcot for fish and chips. I am wearing my WDW 25th anniversary T shirt. It is the only time I wear it all year,,,arrival day at WDW!

We then head over to DHS (used to be Epcot) but now teenage DS wants to get on TT and RNR.

PrincessASquared
06-30-2008, 08:47 AM
We will hang out at the resort pool to get rested, then head to MK to see Wishes. It's a great way to start the vacation!!

dumbo_buddy
06-30-2008, 10:02 AM
after checking into our room and dropping off our stuff, the family tradition is to head straight to DHS and go on the great movie ride. that was my first ride when i went for the first time with my mom and dad at age 13 and now DH and i carry on the tradition. (when my parents go by themselves now they too do the GMR first!):mickey:

donnah77
07-01-2008, 01:52 PM
We usually arrive late afternoon, so we settle in at the resort - unpack, have dinner, take a swim, have some ice cream, get to bed early so we can have a big full first day. We always go to MK for the first park day, and the last one too!

RBrooksC
07-01-2008, 02:06 PM
We usually get to Disney and check into our room. If we can get into our room, we get in there and relax a little, unpack, etc. Then we explore our resort first.

The next resort we go to the CR resort and walk around it. I love The Grand Canyon Concourse. Loved it since I was five the first time I went to Disney. Anyway, look around there for a bit and the take ride on the Resort Monorail. At each resort, we disembark and walk around and enjoy the sights of each resort and see what each has to offer.

Then it is dinner and then Downtown Disney. We usually don't stay out late at night because the next day we want to get up early and enjoy our full day at one of the parks.

mouseketeer mom
07-01-2008, 02:34 PM
We check out our room, our resort, smile, smile, smile, and always head to the Magic Kingdom!!!!

Aggie97
07-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Usually we check in at the resort, dump our bags in the room, and go straight to the MK. In Feb., we did the P&P Party that night, which was great.

For our most recent trip we tried to just check in at AKL, relax at the resort, and have a nice dinner at Jiko, rather than going to a park that night. But after dinner we started to get antsy and ended up heading to EMH at DHS until about 1:30 a.m.!

So now we know that we really do need to go to a park. For our next trip, we will go to MNSSHP. :mickey: