PDA

View Full Version : Scared of roller coasters...

disneycutie165
06-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Ok I 'll admit. I'm highly afraid of roller coasters and rides that make you feel like your going to fall out. But I really want to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Test Track, Splash Mountain, Expedition Everest, and Space Mountain.
I've heard that BTMR is very mild but jerky. Test Track is very fast, which I can handle, but are there any hills I should worry about(hate hills:blush:). I've heard Splash Mountain just seems to keep going and going, but is there more than one drop and do you feel like your going to fall out as you go down. I haven't heard much about EE, but I can see that it is very fast, has lots of drops, and goes backwards. Space Mountain sounds like so much fun, and it goes moderatly slow. But is it jerky. As a non-roller-coaster-rider, I need major help! PLEASE HELP!:giveup::thanks:

DISNEYLOVERS5
06-29-2008, 09:43 AM
I like you hate roller coasters however I have been on test track and It isn't scare at all no hills or anything just fast at the end. I rode BTMR one time in my life yes it was jerky but this year I think I ride it again the rest I have never ridden so I have no Idea but like you I want to.

dephenn
06-29-2008, 09:50 AM
BTMR - is jerky, but I can't remember ever feeling like I was going to fall out.

EE - faster but smoother, maybe my favorite ride, again never felt like I was going to fall out.

Test Track - If you have ever gone fast in a convertible it's a lot like that. The test part has some bumps and jerks.

Splash Mountain - the big drop is fun and over before you know it worth the try.

The best part with all these rides is the theme behind them. It keeps your mind busy looking at everything that before you know it the rides over.

WDWfanatic742
06-29-2008, 10:01 AM
BTMRR - Not as fast as some of the others and only part that is mildly scary to me anyway is the head chopper in the middle of the ride. Looks and feels like you are going to crash into the rock and you avoid it at the last second.

TT - Only part that is thrilling is the end when it gets to 65mph. Fastest ride on property.

Splash Mountain - Has five official drops, but 1 or 2 are only a couple feet high. The big drop in front of the ride feels like you will kind of drop out of it the first time you ride, but it is over in a second.

EE - Fast and smooth ride that is very fun. The backwards part is more thrilling than the actual 80ft drop.

Space Mountain - Fun ride that feels like you are going faster than you actually are because you are in the dark. Very bumpy and choppy ride however.

EPCOTGAL1
06-29-2008, 10:01 AM
I am NOT a Roller Coaster girl in OTHER parks..but Disney...yup, I've done them all (including Rockin' Roller Coaster) and will keep doing them. My thought is..any drops they do have are small and not huge like in plain amusement parks. I have done the Hulk and that is great but will not do any other coasters with those huge drops.. The smoothest is EE and RcRC. SM does jerk you around as well BTMR. I don't ever feel like I'm falling out of them (oh, with exception to splash at the end). Think about it and perhaps give them a try. ...they are really fun :)

Minnie Imagineer
06-29-2008, 10:13 AM
I hate roller coasters too! I have never been on any of these rides and was also wondering what they were like. I really want to go on test track next time i'm in wdw (march 09 for senior trip!) because I think i'll like the fast-ness of it! The only thing i'm wondering about however is the 'break section' of TT..where they test the breaks- is it jerky? I think you would have to be nuts to go on EE or splash mt. (I tried going on a little log flume at a small amusement park once..I was scared to death..I go one of thoses souvineer pictures for it, it was priceless!). And i'm also not sure about BTMT but i've been hearing good reviews. So thank you for starting this thread!!

summerRose
06-29-2008, 10:26 AM
I don't do roller coasters...not out of any fear but they make me sick. But have done BTMR and I rode it several times. Splash Mountain is fun too. Two seconds before the big drop I always wonder to myself WHY did I get on this...then it drops...and I get back on! LOL!
My husband said I would have like Test Track so next time I'll do it.

Other than Space Mountain and the other roller coasters I'll try a ride once if I'm sure it won't make me sick like coasters do.

Lorraine444
06-29-2008, 11:02 AM
K..... Listen :listen:, I don't do rollercoasters in the amusement parks either, they are way too steep for me with the hills.
When I walk into Disney I just feel REALLY, REALLY SAFE! I do them all......:donald:
Except SPACE MOUNTAIN! Like other coasters you typically step down into the seat so you have the sides around you that make you feel secure. Space Mountain you don't step down.
You have nothing around you, you are sitting almost level with the sides.
I've done it 3 times in the past, and every time I get off I say I'll never do it again! :nope: :bang:
Sooo if there is any coaster you want to avoid it would be Space Mountain! :eek: :coaster:

garymacd
06-29-2008, 11:05 AM
Here is the trick I taught my daughter. She hates roller coasters and has lots of challenges with motion sickness.

I think the best ride for you to try first is BTMRR. It is a fairly gentle coaster. Test Track is not a coaster but there are some jerky parts and a really fast ride at the end. Exhilarating! Then move on from there.

Here is the trick: as you start down the hill, take a deep breath and then scream as hard and loud and long as you can! Put lots of pressure on your diaphragm. This really combats that queasy feeling in your stomach.

Once you've done some of the tamer rides a lot of times and are comfortable, you can try moving on to the more thrilling rides like EE and RnR and even ToT.

scoot241
06-29-2008, 11:32 AM
I used to be scared of roller-coasters. The only roller-coasters I would go on back then were BTMRR and Space Mountain. Now, I'll go on just about anything.

The way I got over it? I got a season pass to Six Flags New Orleans and pretty much forced myself on the rollercoasters at first. After riding them, I was doing big rollercoasters everywhere I went.

BTMRR never bothered me because it was never high off the ground. It's a pretty smooth ride, and doesn't go too fast.

Space Mountain feels much faster than it is because it's in the dark. It can get a bit jerky, too.

Splash Mountain has a couple of small drops and the big one (which is about 50 feet I think). Splash Mountain, however, is also possibly the best dark ride for the other 15 minutes (or so) you're on the ride. You'll know when the drops are coming. I guess the biggest concern is that you're just sitting in a log with no restraints. This is quite possibly the best ride in WDW though.

Test Track is like riding in a convertible. No drops, but highly banked turns on the speed portion.

I haven't been on EE yet.

sisterslovindisney
06-29-2008, 11:35 AM
I am terrified of heights and won't go on coasters at any park except Disney. When I say terrified I mean, I can't ride the little ski lift type rides, stand on a ladder, ride a ferrris wheel etc. At Disney the rides are not your typical coaster. I have not been on EE because it wasn't built yet. I have been on Rock n Rollercoaster and Splash many times. I have never been afraid. I think the part I hate most on regular roller coasters is the slow assent up the huge hill knowing that you'll be going down a huge hill. I don't get that feeling here but I think it may be more like that on EE. Splash really isn't bad at all. I love the drop. Rock n rollercoaster is in the dark mostly and is so fast I don't even think there is a big hill. I even go on ToT and I get panicky in a regular elevator! Have a great time, don't worry, and try them all!!

disneycutie165
06-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks you guys. You are a huge help! But my last question is: On Rockin' Rollercoaster, do you feel anything you do, or are you going so fast you can't tell?

THANKS AGAIN!!!!
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

biodtl
06-29-2008, 12:44 PM
I love thril rides, so my opinion may not be valid for you, but most of WDW's coaster type rides are pretty mild. Look at it this way - other than RnR, none of the coasters have the pull-down harness restraints, so they aren't too wild and are veyr safe.

Figment52
06-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Try Big Mnt first. Of all the coasters, it is the tamest, but you were told right - it is a rough ride. A tip - if possible, you can ask to be put in the front part of the train - the ride is even more tame up there. There is also a lapbar that comes down to hold you in.

TT isn't a coaster at all. The only part that might get coaster avoiders upset is the speed test at the end, but there aren't any drops. Just fast straightaways and banking turns. Otherwise, you just go thru the ride doing test sequences - ABS breaks, heat, cold, something with road type (cobble, paved, etc), and the last part outside the building. In keeping with the car theme, this ride uses a seatbelt. If you feel secure with your own car belts, you'll be ok with these.

SM - Loads of fun! There are two smaller drops within the mountain during the ride, but mostly you just float by scenes telling the stories of the Brier animals. You'll know when the big drop at the end comes. There is no lap restraint, though there is a small bar you can hold onto. I guess you could feel like you would fall out, but I've never felt that way. The steepness grade is such that I don't think it's possible to fall out, unless you were trying to.

Space Mnt - a bit jerky, and almost totally in the dark. You don't go upside down, and there aren't really any long drops. Mostly the thrill just comes from being in the dark and going fast. The lap bar hugs pretty tight, so you shouldn't feel like you're going to fall out.

EE - unless you're feeling really brave, I would try the others before EE. Personally, I LOVE this ride, but I also love coasters in general. Its quite fast and you go backwards. At one point, I felt like I was really being pushed down into my seat due to the speed. It also uses lapbars, but unlike the other rides, it has individual bars - cars are 2 seaters.

RnRC - you didn't mention it, but I figured I would. It's in the semi-dark, VERY fast, has loud music, and does go upside down. The ride is usually pretty smooth, but last time we went it was a bit jerky. As soon as it starts you go from standing still to super fast in about 6 seconds, and launch right into an inversion. It's a lot of fun, but as with EE, I'd try the other coasters first.

Tygger7
06-29-2008, 01:01 PM
I am terrified of heights and won't go on coasters at any park except Disney.

Ok, this is me, to a tee. :blush: As someone that HATES big drops, heights, and roller coasters in general, I've ridden everything at Disney except ToT. Here's my two cents on each ride:

1. Space Mountain: Actually, the first roller coaster I ever rode. I do totally fine with it because it's in the dark (can't see how high I am) and there are no large drops. It's jerky, but that's the fun part for me. I love this ride and do it multiple times every trip. One thing I will mention...rumor has it that SM will be going down for a major rehab sometime in the next year or so. Definitely try to ride "the original"...it's a Disney classic and no matter how wonderful the new version will be, I'll still miss it because it holds a special place in my heart.

2. BTMRR - This ride is not scary at all, IMHO. No big drops at all, and I love it even more after dark. It's jerky, but it's part of the theming...I mean, it's supposed to be a "runaway" train. Again, I ride this as often as possible.

3. EE - The only part that even remotely bothers me is the ascent at the beginning. I get through it by staring down at my feet. The backwards part is so much fun, and there is no, big sudden drop while going backwards. The big drop isn't bad...it's a banked turn at the bottom, so that really takes the edge off, at least for me. I like what a previous poster said about screaming...that's me. :D Like I've said numerous times, I don't care for coasters but absolutely LOVE EE!! In fact, I rode it 6 times on our last trip.

4. Splash Mountain - This ride always scared me, and I rode it for the first time on our last trip. It's not nearly as bad as it looks. It's worth trying it just to see the theming, and I would definitely ride it again. The best part, for me at least, is that you can't tell how high you are until you're going down the last drop.

5. RnRR - I've done it 3 times, but passed doing it on our last trip. The launch only lasts a few seconds, but is very intense. The whole ride is in the dark, and there are no drops. There are corkscrews, but you're very secured in your seat, and I've never felt like I would fall out.

My advice: Each ride only lasts a short time, so definitely try them at least once. Then you'll know what you like and what you don't. :thumbsup:

sisterslovindisney
06-29-2008, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=disneycutie165;1672346]Thanks you guys. You are a huge help! But my last question is: On Rockin' Rollercoaster, do you feel anything you do, or are you going so fast you can't tell?

I could tell we were doing corkscrews but it was so fast and dark with strobe light type effects (or maybe that was me opening and closing my eyes:blush:). My Dear Sis even rode all of the coaster type rides at WDW and she's a bigger :chicken: than me!

scoot241
06-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks you guys. You are a huge help! But my last question is: On Rockin' Rollercoaster, do you feel anything you do, or are you going so fast you can't tell?

THANKS AGAIN!!!!
:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Yeah, you'll be able to tell. The launch is 0-60mph in like 2 seconds. You'll be able to feel that you're going up and over and back down the inversions and turning left and right, but you won't really be able to see it except for the street signs and other theming during the ride.

EPCOTGAL1
06-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Regarding RcRC....

When you get into the loading area....you will actually see the car take off....when you are actually on the ride it is kinda hard to explain but by the time you realize what is happening you are out of your first loop...you don't really realize you've gone upside down because it's so fast and smooth then you get caught up in the music.. You don't feel like you're falling out in anyway.

I STILL get nervous watching the queue area...but LOVE this ride. I was peer pressured by my kids and hubby and I'm glad I did it...Family and friends are really the best judge of what YOU can handle/tolerate and what you can't. They've told me I couldn't do mission space so I always do the tame side on that ride. I could NEVER do the big coasters at six flags or Busch Gardens....they guide me correctly. :)

Crystal
06-29-2008, 04:28 PM
As a HUGE chicken of roller coasters - I have ridden & love all of the ones you listed (I was very leery of them, but ended up getting on them anyway, and now I love them)

1. Space Mountain - It's a little bit jerky (it seems that way because it's dark inside & you can't brace yourself) but there are no huge drops & it's not really that bad.

2. Big Thunder isn't scary at all. Even my 5 year old wasn't scared & he gets scared on lots of things.

3. Expedition Everest - The only thing that gets my stomach a little is the drop, but it's not that bad & not that long. Some people don't like the going backwards part, but I LOVE it.

4. Splash Mountain - The drop gets my tummy, but it's worth it. I don't really feel like i'm going to fall out at all.

5. Test Track - Not scary at all, honestly.

6. RnRc - The launch is the worst thing about this ride. It really takes my breath. There are some loops, but you're listening to the music & looking around and it's not that noticeable if that makes sense.

I would try them all if I were you. :D

IloveDisney71
06-29-2008, 04:41 PM
My mom doesn't ride roller coasters at all but wanted to give Test Track a try. She LOVED it!!!
BTMRR is the mildest of the roller coasters you mentioned. I'd start with that one. If you like it, try Space Mt. Neither of these have big drops, they just have lots of turns and twists.

EE is pretty intense but is one of my favorites. If you don't enjoy BTMRR or Space Mt., you probably won't enjoy EE.

I HATE big drops (ToT just about gave me a heart attack) but I LOVE Splash Mt. I ride it several times during each trip. It's just one, long, quick drop so it's over before you know it.

RnRC is my FAVORITE ride, but it's not for the faint of heart. The beginning of the ride is 0 to 60 in about 3 seconds and it has a few inversions.

My motto is to try most things at least once. While I'll never ride ToT EVER again, I'm glad I did it at least once.

Have a great trip. Ride what you want and don't feel pressured to ride what you don't want to.

WDWFREAK101
06-29-2008, 05:29 PM
If you want to ride them, ride them. That is the only tip I can give you. Giving you facts would be useless because if you are scared, the only thing you want to hear is something you can handle. If you hear something you DON'T want to hear then you probably wont go on it. My brother is PETRIFIED of coasters but I on the other hand will go on anything anywhere anytime. I wasn't always like that though. I went with my friends to some parks when I was a kid (Going with your friends to parks will automatically say that you will ride everything. If you have friends that will ride anything, YOU will ride everything too. I was scared to death to go on this one ride and I came off of it loving every second of it and I got back on instantly!) Remember, you're at Disney. Do you REALLY think that you will fly out and get hurt at DISNEY? I can understand other parks but DISNEY is the top of the buisiness and you can almost prove that 1 in a billion times you go to Disney, you will get hurt. I don't want to give you ANY facts because that will just get you worked up. I also think that nobody should eiether. If you want to ride it, then ride it! Florida is the leader of amusement parks so I HIGHLY doubt that you will fly out of anything on Disney's watch. If you have seen Splash Mountain's boats, you will see there is NO seatbelts, NO lapbars. Just a handle to hold on to on your way down but Splash Mountain is on an angle where you CAN'T fly out. Hope this helps.

Aggie97
06-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Everyone has given you some great advice about starting with BTMRR and Test Track and working your way up from there. Until my husband and I started dating (when we were 20) he never had ridden a roller coaster or really any thrill ride, because his parents didn't ride them and would not let him. It was always a disappointment to him, because they went to WDW every year. Anyway, he was pretty nervous about coasters at first, but once he started riding them with me, he loved them! He's fearless now and will ride anything -- even the scariest coasters at Cedar Point in OH. So hopefully you'll have fun trying out a few of the coasters at WDW -- they really are a blast! :mickey:

Scott C
06-29-2008, 05:47 PM
As someone who shares your condition.. Let me add one fact that no one has mentioned. On TT -- right after you start -- you do climb a significant hill -- it really freaked me out -- I thought that there was going to be a big drop -- there was a drop -- but it was at a very controlled slow speed. The only reason that I am even mentioning this is to help you in that situation.

Thanks
Scott C

Seasonscraps
06-29-2008, 07:25 PM
I have to go back and read the other replies but here's my assessment as a fellow rollar coaster chicken:

Big Thunder - really jerky but not bad at all. There are a couple of hills that give you that whoosh in your stomach but in a good way. The car is secure with a pull down bar.

Space Mountain - you feel secure in the car but the darkness is a little unnerving. You don't go real fast and there are no big drops.

Splash Mountain - 95% of the ride is fine. It's mostly floating with a few dips. I found the big drop intimidating because it's pretty steep and there is no lap bar in the log, just the rail on the back of the set in front of you. I go on it but dread the drop and brace my legs to make sure I stay in the log. I know the likelihood of falling out is nil, but that's where the fear comes in.

Test Track - I wouldn't even call this one a rollar coaster. You are sitting in a car with a secure seat belt for a few mintues bumping around and then you head outside for high speed turns and fast straightaways. Very fun - I was never fearful on this ride.

Aerosmith - I worked up to this one. It's super fast and is done pretty much before you realize it. The first loop is right up front and I barely had a chance to notice it. The corkscrew turns out to be cool. On the last loop I thought "I'm upside down" LOL The shoulder braces keep you very secure feeling.

Expedition Everest - I never had that falling out of the ride feeling. It's very high but that's about it. It's a really fun coaster.

HTH! Have a great trip!

Tigger&Stitch
06-30-2008, 01:17 AM
I've only been on Splash Mountain, as I lost my tolerance for roller coasters after a very scary ride in Vegas (the one on top of NY NY). Nothing unusual happened, it just scared me!

My husband is also not a fan of roller coasters, but we decided to try out EE last time we were at WDW. We went throught the queue, but at the last minute decided not to do it. Thank goodness for Disney 'chicken exits'!

And that's why the exits are there - get in the queues and check out the theming, which is incrdible throughout. If you get to the front and decide you can't do it right then, there's no shame in leaving. Better that than ruining your day!

We are going to try again this year, but we'll see....

RALPH
06-30-2008, 07:12 AM
I hate coasters, don't do them, and will not do big drops on anything. There is not one ride mentioned above that I have not done, and will not do again.

Observations. Space Mtn is jerkey. It seems faster because of the darkness, but all in all a tame ride.

Splash Mtn is a not to be missed ride. All the anxiety is on the pull going up for the drop. When it's over you hit yourself like in the V-8 commercial, saying why was I worried. You don't feel like your going to fall out, heck your not even strapped in. That's how I measure a rides intensity.

RNR - I have done this 10 times, never with my eyes open. I like it. Maybe this trip I can open my eyes.

EE was the most intense for me and DW. Because of the tight curves and speed, you feel a little dizzy when you exit. But for me it passed quickly. It's like big thunder on steroids. DW was bothered by it and will not ride it again. And she did mission space once. (Never again) (I won't ride that!)

TT is a piece of cake. Don't miss that one.

Mrs.Poppins
06-30-2008, 12:09 PM
I am terrified of heights and hate that free falling feeling in the pit of your stomach :ack: you get on drops. I usually try to avoid ToT because of that but I have no problem with RnR (maybe because its in the dark?) I am trying to get over this fear by trying mission space and EE next week I just hope I don't make a bee line for the exit when its time.

bruin1344
06-30-2008, 01:11 PM
My ratings of tame to thrill:
1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
2. Test Track
3. Splash Mountain
4. Space Mountain
5. Expedition Everest
6. Rock n Roller Coaster
7. Mission Space

BandMan
06-30-2008, 02:04 PM
I'm not afraid of heights, or speed, but I do get very :sick: on traditional rollercoasters. I was apprehensive the first time I went to WDW, but decided to give some of the rides a whirl (pun intended).

My wife still talks about my first time on BTMRR. I was just laughing the whole time. It's still one of my favorites: no :sick: , just :joy: .

Snow's Mom
06-30-2008, 08:03 PM
When I ride a coaster at Disney with my husband, I'm fine. With my kids, not so much. I don't know if it's because he makes me feel safe---or because the lap bar fits better with two people of similar size!

Also, I'm always so TIRED at Disney that it's easy to relax. Still don't like coasters in general, though.

RockChalkKimball
06-30-2008, 10:04 PM
We just had this very conversation a few nights ago. When we go in March 09, my DS, who will be 16, is taking a friend. He really wants to finally try some of the coasters. I had him go on that one "site" with videos and almost every coaster in Disney was on there. It helped him to see it, not just hear about it. I think most of the descriptions written on here have been pretty accurate, based on what we saw.

Lorraine444
06-30-2008, 10:43 PM
A helpful hint: Although the ride is smooth - because of the fast turns & the over the shoulder restraint your head does bang up against it alot. I always take an advil after...
But I do have a back neck, and if I do anything that bangs my head or shoulders it's muscle ache and headache.....
Love the ride though.....

dsnyfan001
06-30-2008, 10:51 PM
try rockin roller coaster because its so fast you wont know where you are in the dark that way you can say you got on a coaster that actually went upsiddown! lol but really most of those rides are meteocer to rides @ six flags and other parks. The drops are not bad at all. The splash mountain one is at an angle that its not as bad of a drop that you think it would be, trust me I am an avid coaster rider, been on the top thrill dragster at cedar point in sandusky ohio and if you dont know the ride lol, go on cedar point.com and check it out. lol lol its a biggie. most of the faster rides are meant for younger people to get on too so they are not bad, still awesome to ride! the only ride i wont ride is missionspace at epcot, i flippin hate that ride!:ack: it was the worst ride ever! I guess we all have our likes and dislikes, I would start out with big thunder mt. Its mild then work your way up to splash mt, then EE by that time you will be ridin them all! lol good luck to you and have fun!

Bulldawg
07-01-2008, 11:19 PM
I used to be really afraid of coasters, but I'm really not now, mostly because I had to buck up when my son started to go on rides. I didn't want him to develop the phobia that I did, so I decided I'd go with him on anything and act like it was no big deal.

That said, I think your best bet is to start with the Goofy Barnstormer in Mickey's Toon Town. It's meant for kids, but it's actually a really fun, though short, coaster. It's not crazy high or fast, but you do get a taste for some g-forces and can develop some confidence that can carry on to other rides.

Another tip for you that hasn't been mentioned is to ride (usually) on the front. On BTMR, the front car is halfway down the hill before the train starts to accelerate and that leads to a much tamer ride. (This isn't true on Splash Mtn. or EE, though).

Test Track is fun, and not at all like a coaster. My only anxiety on it (and this is kind of silly) is putting on that seatbelt that I can't take off myself! (I have control issues, I think, lol).

The only ride in the park I wouldn't go on again was Mission Space, mostly because I don't like being shut in that capsule being cramped up.

But the coasters you're talking about are so fun and so good, you're really missing out by not going on them. I'd really make an effort to build some confidence so you can enjoy the rides instead of walking about with a pit in your stomach all day. Good Luck!

Stu29573
07-01-2008, 11:48 PM
I generally hate roller coasters too, so hopefully this will help:

BTMRR is pretty tame and fun. There are no big hills, although there are tight turns. It seems much faster in the back and at night.

SM is really fun, but I didn't go on it until I happened to go through the ride on the TTA while the work lights were on. Guess what? NO big drops! I think the highest one is about 20 feet, and not that steep. The ride isn't in complete darkness, and if you look closely you can see the track right in front of you.

Splash M for one reason or another I have never ridden it. The last time it closed while I was waiting in line due to thunder storms. I hear it's not too bad, so I plan to try, but I can't really give you first hand info.

Test Track. This is NOT a coaster. I agree that the first big hill can make you think that you are going to have a big drop, but you don't. The fast part is a lot of fun!

RnRC- The only one that I won't go on again. I rode it twice on two different trips and got sick both times. There is no hill, but the launch is the same thing for me.

EE- Don't know, it wasn't there the last time I went. I have a sneaking feeling that I'll chicken out...but maybe not....

I hope this helps!:mickey:

crazypoohbear
07-02-2008, 09:45 AM
The biggest thing you need to know about Big Thunder is make sure when you ride it you sit with someone the SAME SIZE as you. The lap bar only goes down to the first person it hits. I.E. if you are sitting with someone larger than you you WILL have lots of extra space and you WILL slip and slide around and it will not be fun for you.!!
I know this because I am "shapely" and a few years ago I went on BTMRR with my youngest son who was quite skinny and he HATED the ride and has not gone back on it since. Last year we came to the realization that yes the lap bar was pulled down but it was pulled down to my lap, not his :blush:
So, if you go with someone the same size as you you will feel safe and secure and will be fine.

Space mountain I found lame, it's not really a roller coaster, it's just in the dark. You will be fine on this ride as well.
TT is another one that doesn't really have any surprises, it goes fast and is fun but there are no drops and the only sharp turns are the one you see outside when you are banking.

Splash, I got DS to go back on last year and told him to push his knees up to the stationary handle and hold on. He didn't like it before because he felt he was "coming out of his seat" He thought back in the day that if he just sat and didn't use any muscles to hold himself down he would be fine.
Using his legs and holding on made all the difference!
I would skip EE and RNRC next trip until you try the other calmer ones first.