PDA

View Full Version : 20th Anniversary Trip: Dreams Come True

Nascfan
06-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Day 2: Saturday the fourteenth

Up and refreshed (the beds really are comfortable at Pop) we were at Epcot before opening so we could be at the rope drop. Now, this was our 20th anniv trip, to our right were newlyweds, and behind us were a 5th anniv trip. All the early characters came over and greeted the happy couples which was really neat.
First ride, of course, Soarin! What an incredibly experience! I don't think we could ever get tired of that, and I was able to see the Mickey on the golf ball! That was neat, as I'm usually ducking at that point so I don't get hit. Haha!
We then went over to the Seas and rode the clammobiles with Nemo and friends then went and saw Turtle Talk with Crush. Oh...my...gosh, that is amazing! That technology, along with the similar type in Laugh Floor has got to be the new wave of attractions. He really was talking to the audience! We were just mesmerized.
After leaving with our mouths agape, we went to Guest Services and picked up a couple anniversary buttons. Best thing we did. So many Cast Members wished us happy anniversary throughout the whole trip! Even if they were just walking past or at times we had our ponchos on, they could see them underneath and gave us good wishes. I'd like to take a moment and give a huge :thumbsup: to all the CM's. You all are truly :number1: and make Walt Disney World the magical place it is.
We had some time before our lunch at Garden Grill so we got to poke around the Seas some more and Lauren got to see the dolphins and them being put through their paces as it were. Dream come true for her!
Lunch at Garden Grill was delicious! The character interaction was great too, with Mickey, Chip and Dale, and Pluto all visiting us at least several times. Mickey even sat down and "talked" to Lauren, by writing a message for her in her autograph book, in perfect Mickey handwriting I might add.
After leaving with our bellys considerably larger than when we walked in, we went to Mexico for the boat ride (first time for that). As you'll see, there were a lot of first times this trip. As Lauren ages, we don't spend as much time in autograph lines, so that left a lot more time to try new things, a whole new trip experience for us. Epcot was very uncrowded again, we were able to spin around with our arms out and not hit anybody (a sure sign of light crowds).
We then went to the Visa Meet and Greet in Innoventions and had fun playing with the characters and getting pics taken.
We took the monorail to the Poly for a little break while we killed time waiting for photopass to see if our pics came out since they were having trouble with the card. Another dream come true, on the trip back, at the TTC, we must have just missed a monorail because we were the first up the ramp for the Epcot monorail. I asked about a possibility of front seat and it was no problem. So we got to ride up front with the captain all the way to Epcot! What a ride! Lauren got to sit in the pilot seat part of the way and he showed us all the controls, monitors and such. Very cool stuff, and the best view of the park as you round Spaceship Earth. Wow!
The pics weren't loaded when we got back, but no worries, we were able to get them later in the week.
So we popped back to Pop for a little bit and lo and behold, there was and anniversary card from Mickey and Minnie complete with balloons wishing us happy anniversary! Very magical and wonderful of them!
We knew this was one of our choice nights for Wishes so we hopped to MK for the evening, getting there a bit before Spectro. We used that opportunity to see Laugh Floor with no wait, which was very funny and almost as cool as Turtle Talk. It's just amazing the technology now to do these attractions. We got on Buzz with minimal wait and walked right onto Carrousel of Progress. One of our absolute favorites, bar none. It just screams Walt and you know it's his brainchild when you're on/in it. At that point it was dark enough to try the Teacups. It's become a tradition for us to do the Teacups at dark, I don't know why, but it's a different perspective. Kathy can't handle how fast we spin, so she sat out and watch Lauren and I go so fast our eyes practically bled. Haha! Joking aside though, we got going so fast we really couldn't see anything for a few seconds once we stopped. What fun. ;)
Spectro was going so we walked up the path that leads to the Rose Garden and wouldn't you know, but a CM suggested we watch Wishes from there. That's always been a dream of mine, but didn't know how to convince Kathy to do that as she likes to be more to the front of the park for the "dash for the busses". Well, the suggestion did it, another dream come true. What could be better than to sit in the Rose Garden with my beautiful bride of 20 years while Tinkerbell flies directly overhead to start Wishes? Goosebumps, I literally had goosebumps.
We still made it out and caught the second bus arriving for Pop with minimal wait, so it was well worth it in all our minds.
It was hard to believe that this was just our second day, first full one with all we had gotten accomplished with the lighter crowds. It felt really good.
Next up, Father's Day and my special SWW day at Studios. Bye bye lighter crowds, but oh so worth it. :mickey:

another tink
06-29-2008, 08:06 AM
:mickey:You sound like your having a great time. Enjoyed reading your report.

daparish
06-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Don't you just love the light crowds? I am glad you guys are having so much fun. Can't wait to read about the next day.:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Scott, I love reading your reports!! I love how the CM make you feel special. We celebrated our first anniversary last Aug and was treated to many special little things. We will be celebrating #2 in Aug again, it's so much fun.

Thanks for sharing this great day with us!!:mickey:

pdrlkr
06-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

#1disneyfan
06-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Sounds like you had a great day! Would love to sit in the Rose Garden for Wishes, oh so jealous!!

Thanks for sharing.

faline
06-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Terrific day! I'll bet your upbeat style has a lot to do with how much fun you're having!

disneydrmr
06-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Hmmmm... Wishes from the Rose Garden - I'll remember that for my upcoming trip! Scott - you know how happy I am that you guys had such a magical time! I'm enjoying reading all about it!

Mickey'sGirl
06-30-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm so glad crowds are light for you! What a terrific day you had! How'd you do on Buzz? Do I need to share my command with you? I agree that your attitude must bring so much additional magic to your time! Thanks for sharing!

MMouse6937
06-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Ah, sounds like to much fun!! Thanks for sharing, looking forward to the next installment! :thumbsup:

pogo
06-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Another great day at WDW ! :mickey:

I can hear your excitement in every word you use to describe your fun time.

Hurry up and get the rest of your reports done, will you ??? :D

MauiMouse
06-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Scott, sounds like a perfect 2nd day. :mickey:

Isn't being up front on the monorail cool. I've done it a couple times, but not on the Epcot run. I'd love to do that at some point. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
06-30-2008, 09:52 PM
What could be better than to sit in the Rose Garden with my beautiful bride of 20 years while Tinkerbell flies directly overhead to start Wishes? Goosebumps, I literally had goosebumps.
What a magical day - isn't it the most wonderful thing in the world to be at Disney with the ones you love - and that they appreciate it?! We'll definitely have to try the teacups in the dark - never done that before!

Amazing to hear about the crowds - we were there the exact time last year for our 16th anniversary (as well as a few other times the past couple of years), and the crowd situation sounds like a DREAM.

Thanks for sharing your second day, which was a truly magnificent one! Can't wait to read MORE! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
07-02-2008, 10:08 AM
What a great day! Thanks for sharing.

offwego
07-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Your day sounds filled with fun! I'm so glad your enjoying it. Thank you for sharing it with us & your doing a great job of describing all the little details that make WDW so memorable!:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
07-03-2008, 04:36 PM
What a terrific day! So nice that the crowds are low, and you are getting all the well wishes from Cast Members. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

Lizzie
07-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Another fun day.

RocknBev
07-08-2008, 02:36 PM
I didn't realize the first of June was a great time to go...I might have to have a discussion with DH!!!..thanks for the report:)