PDA

View Full Version : Pirates 4...maybe

disneycutie165
06-28-2008, 08:17 PM
My cousin told me the other day that there was going to be a Pirates 4. I've heard rumors, but I'm not so sure. The 3rd one was a major cliff-hanger.Hope it is true!:joy:

Melanie
06-28-2008, 09:30 PM
My cousin told me the other day that there was going to be a Pirates 4. I've heard rumors, but I'm not so sure. The 3rd one was a major cliff-hanger.Hope it is true!:joy:

Nothing has been officially announced.

I'm curious, what did you think was the major cliffhanger in At World's End? I thought it was tied up nicely. :confused:

pink
06-28-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm pretty sure they intended on making it a trilogy and that's it. I think they've bascially done all they can do with the pirates but I won't be suprised if they bring it back seeing how popular it was. It's also such a big part of MK now with the Pirate & Princess party so I could see it happening. :mickey:

starrmomof2
06-28-2008, 09:40 PM
I don't know what the storyline would be and really don't care....just give me another reason to watch Johnny Depp as Capt. Jack!!:blush:

LauraleeH
06-28-2008, 11:00 PM
What I'd like to know is if the rumors about Will being able to stay on land after 10 years at sea because Elizabeth was waiting there for him are true or not.

I guess I can always pretend that it's true and imagine their perfect, pirate lives together...but I would definitely love to see a 4th.

disneydeb
06-29-2008, 02:45 AM
Nothing has been officially announced.

I'm curious, what did you think was the major cliffhanger in At World's End? I thought it was tied up nicely. :confused:

Maybe because Elizabeth is standing on a cliff overlooking the sea?????;)

Melanie
06-29-2008, 04:56 AM
Maybe because Elizabeth is standing on a cliff overlooking the sea?????;)

You did see the scene after the credits, right?

I guess I just assumed that Will was able to stay on land after the 10 years. :confused:

WDWFREAK101
06-29-2008, 07:08 AM
I think they need to end the series now. I LOVED the first movie as I did the second movie. But think about this, each film was about 2 and a half hours. The THIRD movie was almost 3. I don't think it would look good to have a BUNCH of loose ends tied up and have 3 hours of these pirates and then go back to a regular 2 and a half hour film. Did you see the little clip at the end of the credits? I think that that would be the ending to the trilogy. Sure the film leaves another film out in the open (With Jack stealing the map to the Fountain Of Youth) but I think that was intended to be one last joke towards Jack. Jack always steals things and he always gets his way and you see him with the map on his little Dingy. Frankly I don't want to see another film but who knows. If there is another film, I'd go see it. I don't know how to work in Will and Elizabeth but, I'm sure Disney would think of something.

Georgesgirl1
06-29-2008, 08:03 AM
I think they definetly left it open for a 4th if they could get everyone back together. they could follow Jack to find the Fountain of Youth or they could have a story line about getting Will to be able to live with Elizabeth and their son on land.
In my DVD, there was a little booklet that had some questions and answers and several times the answer was "That story has yet to be told..." which makes me think they want that option of a 4th or a 5th to be there.

I agree the 1st was by far the best, but I will go to another one as long as Captain Jack Sparrow is in it! :blush:

Kristin

disneycutie165
06-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Some of you who haven't watched the scene after the credits should. That scene is a cliff-hanger. And so is Jack sailing into the horizon. Where does he go?

scoot241
06-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Some of you who haven't watched the scene after the credits should. That scene is a cliff-hanger. And so is Jack sailing into the horizon. Where does he go?

I don't see the cliffhanger there. It's clear that Will comes back in 10 years and Elizabeth is waiting for him.

Jack sailing off in his dinghy wasn't much of a cliffhanger to me either. Was he supposed to settle down?

WDWFREAK101
06-29-2008, 04:00 PM

I'm not understand the "Cliff Hanger" in the scene you mentioned. Let us define Cliff Hanger

Cliffhanger-An ending or stopping point calculated to leave a story unresolved, to create suspense.

Having Jack sail away in the Dinghy is NOT a cliffhanger. He stole the map to the Fountain Of Youth which is said to be located in Florida. I took it as a little joke to end the trilogy saying "Well, there is Jack back to his old ways. :D" Here is the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdEgr8QSgOg&feature=related

The ending scene shows Elizabeth watching Will sail back to shore to see his son. What is the cliffhanger in there? Here is the clip at the end of the credits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eBcQM8urAY

I'm not understanding the "Cliffhanger" but oh well. I liked the series and I would like it to end now while it can. It makes more sense to end it now because of these clips.

princessimagineer
06-29-2008, 04:06 PM
yea i saw the post-credits thing so im finished with the seriese.

as much as i loved the PotC trilogy, and i wouldnt complain if they did keep going, i also wouldnt want them to make more and then it becomes like Land Before Time where now there is 2000 of them. if you stop at 3, people will enjoy it more.

brownie
06-30-2008, 10:08 AM
I really enjoyed the first movie. We saw it twice in the theatre, in fact. I've only seen 2 & 3 once. I didn't think they were as good as the Curse of the Black Pearl (which probably puts me in a minority.) I really hope they're done and they don't make another.

disneycutie165
06-30-2008, 10:20 AM
I loved the Pirate trilogy, but now that you mention it, I do agree, it would be kind of boring. There isn't much of a story left to do. I give up. You guys are right.:giveup:

Queen Stephanie
06-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Without a doubt, there will be a Pirates 4 & perhaps 5!:pirate:

scoot241
06-30-2008, 10:48 AM
I loved the Pirate trilogy, but now that you mention it, I do agree, it would be kind of boring. There isn't much of a story left to do. I give up. You guys are right.:giveup:

Google "Pirates of the Carribbean 4" and you'll see there are rumors for a 4th Pirates movie in 2011.

I don't think anyone was trying to belittle you, just differences of opinion. :mickey:

LauraleeH
06-30-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm not understand the "Cliff Hanger" in the scene you mentioned. Let us define Cliff Hanger

Cliffhanger-An ending or stopping point calculated to leave a story unresolved, to create suspense.

Having Jack sail away in the Dinghy is NOT a cliffhanger. He stole the map to the Fountain Of Youth which is said to be located in Florida. I took it as a little joke to end the trilogy saying "Well, there is Jack back to his old ways. :D" Here is the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdEgr8QSgOg&feature=related

The ending scene shows Elizabeth watching Will sail back to shore to see his son. What is the cliffhanger in there? Here is the clip at the end of the credits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eBcQM8urAY

I'm not understand the "Cliffhanger" but oh well. I liked the series and I would like it to end now while it can. It makes more sense to end it now because of these clips.
Maybe the original poster didn't mean "cliffhanger" exactly, but maybe they meant it left them wanting more.

I know I want more!

LauraleeH
06-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Walt Disney Pictures has reportedly made tentative plans to shoot a fourth film in 2009. Johnny Depp has stated that he would love to play Jack Sparrow for another trilogy "if they had a good script." In February 2007, after filming was completed on Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, screenwriter Terry Rossio said he and Ted Elliott may try to write a screenplay, though "It's like the fourth Indiana Jones picture — there are forces in play to make it happen, and forces in play to make it not happen." Geoffrey Rush has expressed interest in returning as Barbossa.
Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has indicated interest in a spin-off, but was exhausted by the trilogy's production. Gore Verbinski feels that "the big danger is diminishing the brand [...] it would have to be a tale worthy of telling" for him to return. If the director returned, he noted that "I would start fresh and focus on the further adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow." Unlike the previous films, he will not do it without a complete script. Keira Knightley has stated that she does not wish to continue playing her character of Elizabeth Swann as she wants to do different projects, since she has been involved in the filming since she was 17 years old.
I found that on Wikipedia. It sounds like IF there would be a 4th, it would be more like, "Captain Jack's Adventures" than "Pirates of the Caribbean 4"

diz_girl
07-01-2008, 03:12 PM

How could I have missed that one? I never saw that. Now, I've got to watch it again and wait until the very end. I was actually thinking at the end that they could have done something indicating that Elizabeth had gotten pregnant. And it turns out that they did.

Rhetoric2000
07-02-2008, 11:37 AM
From my understanding there MAY be 4th and 5th Pirates movies featuring Johnny Depp as CJSparrow and probably some of his crew. If so they wouldn't be out for a while - maybe around 2011/12 - Depp isn't growing that old all that soon remember.

However these would create a completely new story from what has been seen so far.

Will and Elizabeth's stories are over and they would not feature in any further movies.

Davyjones
07-07-2008, 09:15 AM
I keep telling everybody that if they come out with a POTC 4, it should be about Davy Jones and his back story. :skull: I would love to see how he turns into the cephalopod we know and love today! :)

It could be called "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Squid Within" :D

Camping Mom
07-08-2008, 09:22 PM
I would love to see a 4th, but 3 was a bit disappointing. It took so long to get into it...and the 10 year thing with Will, I believe, is that every 10 years he can visit shore for one night (24 hours) kind of thing. Problem is, he will stay young looking and every 10 years, Elizabeth is going to start looking a bit old. They would have to deal with how to change that in a 4th. But, if Kiera Knightly doesn't want to play the part, I guess they can come up with some excuse about where she is....just please don't put in another actress. I hate when they do that....like The MUMMY is coming out with another movie and Rachel Weiss won't be playing Brenden Frasier's wife...another actress is...won't be the same.