PDA

View Full Version : Carribean Beach Tips Please.

dteed
06-28-2008, 08:07 PM
I am traveling with a baseball team during Labor Day weekend and would like any tips or must sees at the resort if anyone has any input. thanks.

CleveRocks
06-28-2008, 09:08 PM
I think it's a lovely, beautiful, relaxing resort, but I can't say there are any "must see" things at the resort.

There are rooms. The main pool will be closed during your visit (scheduled to reopen 9/15). Each village has its own pool.

Old Port Royale is the hub that has the shops, arcade, food court, table-service restaurant, water craft rentals, etc. Separate from that, in a different corner of the resort, is the Custom House, which has the front desk, etc.

It's a great place to sleep, relax, walk, etc., but there aren't any attractions for you to "not miss," if you know what I mean.

BronxTigger
06-28-2008, 09:26 PM
CBR and the Animal Kingdom (the Park, not necessarily the Lodge) have something in common. To be fully enjoyed, they must be taken at a slow pace and savored.

At CBR, similar to AK, there are a lot of little nooks and crannies that beg to be meandered through and just enjoyed. Each village has a courtyard, but they are somewhat hard to find. Walking amongst the buildings and also around the little island can be relaxing and you will find beautiful trees and flowers.

Also, spend some time on a hammock just enjoying the breeze.

mrsgaribaldi
07-01-2008, 03:30 AM
Here's a previous discussion http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=117827

RAIDER
07-01-2008, 04:06 AM
There are no lifts for the second floors so have that in mind .
If you dont have a car Trinidad and Barbados are the furthest from the food courts
The private pools tend to be alot better than the main one for relaxation

Have a good trip :thumbsup:

beksy
07-01-2008, 11:45 AM
I agree that you should take some time to just relax and slowly explore the resort. There are the hammocks to enjoy and in the morning there are ducks that you can watch. Also take some time to explore the island, even if you don't have to cross it. We found all kinds of little hidden nooks with gliders and stuff. Have a fun trip!

Mousemates
07-01-2008, 11:51 AM
just got back from a few days AT CBR...I agree with the slow pace thing....we enjoyed doing the paddle boats (very inexpensive and a nice way to tire out kids who want to run at a much faster pace)