PDA

View Full Version : Crowds first week of December??

jaredkari
06-28-2008, 06:01 PM
My wife and I are thinking about doing a trip to WDW the first week of December. We have never been at this time and wondered what crowd levels were like and also what is the climate like?? Thanks :mickey:

DCDisney
06-28-2008, 06:34 PM
I've gone to WDW once during that week. It was the lowest crowd levels I have ever experienced. It's a great time to go, since the holiday decorations are in full display.

Good choice, if you ask me. :thumbsup:

thumperbug
06-28-2008, 06:52 PM
We did WDW the 2nd week in December 2 yrs in a row. It was great. Crowds were small, holiday decor was wonderful. The weather both times we went was warm...never wore jeans or jackets...but we have the luck that regardless of when we go to WDW we seem to be there at a time when the weather is unseasonably warm. No joke....6 of the last 6 trips the weather was 10-15 degrees higher then the norm.

Katzateer
06-28-2008, 07:03 PM
We have gone the first week of December many times over the years. It is more crowded now than it was 10 years ago just because so many people have figured out it is a great time to go. But the crowds still aren't bad.

The weather is swimming weather most of the time (at least for non-Florida residents-if it gets below 75 I don't think they will get in the water!:D) But it can get cold so be sure to bring layers, especially for the evenings.

I have pictures of our girls wrapped up in a couple of jackets and still freezing-one trip it was in the low 50's at night and the wind made it even cooler.

1goofyfamily
06-28-2008, 07:53 PM
oh its horrible you will hate it. ok now that i've said that to keep you away so we don't have more people find out about this time of year as being the perfect time for a Disney vacation I can tell you this is the only time will will go anymore. Granted we've had great weather every time but one time we had to buy sweatshirts, hats & gloves. Crowds are good though our last few trips have been slightly busier but still way more managable than any other time of year. To top it off the Christmas decorations make it even that much more memorable.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-29-2008, 01:21 AM
We went down the first week in Dec 2005 and the crowds were very low, especially compared to July when we usually go. It got kind of cool a couple of nights and we have one day of pouring rain. But it was worth it. Everything was beautiful.

RockinRollerMom
06-29-2008, 11:33 AM
We went the first week of December last year and we loved it so much we are going back this year at the same time. The weather was perfect high 70's/low 80's all week. The decorations were magical. Have a great trip!