PDA

View Full Version : Geyser at Wilderness Lodge

the other micki
06-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Did I read somewhere there is a geyser at WL?If so, how often does it go off? Is it random or timed (on the hour or half-hour)? Thanks!

Guya103
06-28-2008, 03:33 PM
Yes, there is a geyser. It goes off every hour on the hour.:mickey:

garymacd
06-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Yes, there is a geyser. It goes off every hour on the hour.:mickey:

...unless the geyser gremlins are making mischief again...

the other micki
06-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks, y'all! I have another question...From the geyser, is it a long or short distance to the WCC?

Giselle
06-29-2008, 10:25 AM
The geyser is computer controlled so that if the winds are too high or in a certain direction it will not go off. When they first opened the geyser, when the wind blew too hard, it would spray all the guests on their balconies. Now it will spray not so high or be delayed if the wind is too strong. It is exciting to watch. My DD 4YO loves it.

TheRustyScupper
06-29-2008, 11:14 AM
. . . When they first opened the geyser . . . it would spray all the guests on their balconies . . .

1) This caused a major problem.
2) Florida water is hard.
3) You can imagine getting hit with hard water.

Gator
06-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Hard water:blush:Funny.

I'm hoping to upgrade to the WL so I can see the Geyser in the mornings with my kids. Just got back from Yellowstone and I think they'd like to see the "big water" again.

the other micki
06-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Can anyone tell me where the geyser is in comparison to the WCC? Thank you!

Figment104
07-01-2008, 12:09 PM
The gyser (sp) is down by the lake while the WCC is in the lobby of the WL. Not really a far distance apart at all. If I'm remembering correctly it's probably less then a 5 min walk and I believe you can actually see the gyser going off through the windows in the lobby, could be wrong about that though. We usually watched it from our balcony. If you take a look at the resort map that is posted here on Intercot it shows where the gyser is located. Hope that helps! :mickey:

the other micki
07-01-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks, Kristina!

Mackflava99
07-01-2008, 03:24 PM
i stayed there last week- it goes off 5 min to the hour, even though they say it was on the hour....i thought my watch was wrong, but it was correct-

WCC is less than 5 min from the geyser-

mouseketeer mom
07-01-2008, 03:51 PM
When I rented sea raycers, I would "park" by the geyser and watch it erupt. Each time I stayed WL I have been surprised by how many people just walk on by it as it is going off. We think its exciting! Just another cool perk of the WL.

Figment104
07-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks, Kristina!
No Problem!

i stayed there last week- it goes off 5 min to the hour, even though they say it was on the hour....i thought my watch was wrong, but it was correct-
That's funny bc last year when we were there it was going off about 5 min after the hour. One morning I decided to stand on our balcony and video tape it. So I went out there right before the hour and you can hear me on the tape say "Ok, the geyser should be going off any minute" and then there's this huge wait while I'm waiting for it to go off. We decided to edit the large wait out when we put it on DVD :secret: :mickey:

Mackflava99
07-02-2008, 01:28 PM
That's funny bc last year when we were there it was going off about 5 min after the hour. :secret: :mickey:

LOL- i guess the clock is a little off, when they tried to fix the 5 min after, it got pushed to 5 min before:)

Either way it is pretty cool

the other micki
07-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Well, we'll get there at 5 minutes 'til and plan to wait 10 minutes if necessary!:mickey: