PDA

View Full Version : Travel time to MK

erdooley
06-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Hello! Planning our first trip for Jan. '09. We're probably staying in a Windsor Hills condo which supposedly is 1.5 miles from the southernmost entrance to WDW. (And yes, I know all the pros to staying on-site, but for our family and budget, I truly believe off-site is best for us.) We will have our own car. Hopefully some of you are familiar with the location of Windsor Hills. Realistically, what will the travel time be to get to the MK parking area from Windsor Hills? Thanks for the info! Love this site...

Janmac
06-28-2008, 02:31 PM
No problem. Doesn't matter where you stay as long as you get to enjoy the Magic! :thumbsup:

I suggested to an acquaintance, single mom with 8 yo & 6 yo, that was staying at the Marriot Royal Palms to leave at 7:30 am if she wanted to be waiting at the park for a 9 am rope drop. She said this worked out perfectly. They were able to drive to the MK parking, find a spot, get to the turnstiles and be waiting for rope drop.

You might not need quite as much time for the Studios, or Epcot, but MK has the ferry or monorail to the main gate from the parking lot.

Enjoy!

Jan

irish1967
06-28-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm not familiar enough with Orlando to know about your location but just wanted to mention that we were very surprised at how long our travel times were to WDW property from our place (6 miles from the MK gate)

Our first morning we had 7:15 adrs at Chef Mickey's and left our condo a little before 6:30 and were late for the ADRs.

Bottom line, the Orlando area is a major metropolitan area and has rush hour traffic to prove it.

If you want to be somewhere at a certain time, until you find out about the traffic patterns, I would suggest that you allow extra time just in case!

Have a great trip!