gmgdisneymom
06-28-2008, 10:29 AM
JP's for PJ's
wubble-u for W
brebfast for breakfast
melmo for elmo

amd780
06-28-2008, 10:46 AM
My little sister (now 10) used to say hostabiddle for hospital, and also mixed up her Bs and Vs (bideo, neighvorhood, etc) :)

Madame Leona
06-28-2008, 11:15 AM
DS (2)
Tolay-Today
POS Truck-UPS Truck

disneydeb
06-28-2008, 11:51 AM
grandson 14 mos.

NO! - no
barks like a puppy for dog
ha ma-grandma

conorsmom2000
06-28-2008, 11:58 AM
My favorite of Conor's was:

Wizard Kaboz - Wizard of Oz

And, when he was 4, he came up holding a game and said "Can we play Mono Polly?" He had just started to read so we were pretty impressed that he had gotten Mono Polly from Monopoly!!!

magicofdisney
06-28-2008, 01:33 PM
aminal (animal)

pscetti (spaghetti)

copperrabbin (helicopter-don't ask me why)

I love baby talk. :babyroll: :)

jrkcr
06-28-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm not even sure how to spell this....

sue-da-loo - cereal

mink-a drink

dip-dip- ranch dressing

Actually, it wasn't just DD(now 8yrs old) saying this. I was 30 something, and asking "do you want suedaloo and a mink? How about some dip-dip with your carrots?"
I still say dip-dip! Even at restaurants, I catch myself asking for dip-dip! :blush:

alphamommy
06-28-2008, 04:50 PM
DD8's first word was:
shish = fish.

When I was little, I loved:
gickeroni = macaroni
Gickey Mouse = Mickey Mouse (I still love them both!).

For a long time, our nephew, who is now 6, called our daughter:
Andie-Ra (her name is Andrea, and we call her Andie).

My godson, who just graduated from high school, was apparently into the letter "L":
laler = later
lellow = yellow.

His family, DH, and I had used these words for years, until our DD came along. We decided we had to pronounce them the right way so she could learn to say them correctly.

PrincessEmmasMommy
06-28-2008, 04:52 PM
DD5 says
Roley Holey for Ravioli. (Her favorites!)

Ed
06-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Our kids always called that old familiar Italian food staple "Busghetti". :eat:

But my favorite was when we were teaching our oldest the alphabet. We'd say the letter, and she'd repeat if back to us. Sometimes...

Us: "S"
Her: "S"

Us: "T"
Her: "T"

Us: "U"
Her: "Me"

Us: "V"
Her: "V"

Us: "W"
Her: "Double Me"

:D

Marilyn Michetti
06-28-2008, 06:12 PM
My DD, (now grown), used to say "we're going for a hangaburger". She also used to say pscetti for spaghetti.:D

Thanks for making me remember that.:thumbsup:

Mousefever
06-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Jacob, who is 10, still has trouble with the word "pretzel". He almost always says "prentzel" instead.

When he was almost two he could count to about 15, but he couldn't pronounce the word "seven". It always came out "nehnan".

Amy

:dory:

Jen C.
06-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Ds loves bugs, especially "calerpitters"~ (caterpillers).

Melanie
06-28-2008, 10:06 PM
I love the kids on Jon & Kate Plus 8 who call an airplane 'hair pane'.

When my oldest son was 5, we got orders to Offutt Air Force Base in Omaha, Nebraska. He told everyone we were moving to Nebaska-ka. We never did though, since our orders were withdrawn. :unsure:

tinksmom02
06-28-2008, 10:15 PM
When DD was little she would say bathing SOUP instead of suit.

And recently (she's almost 6), we were trying to explain sarcasm to her, and for the longest time she would tell us that she was being "sarcasitive."

I think it's a little sad when kids finally get the right pronuniciation of words. Their way is so much cuter!

alphamommy
06-28-2008, 11:23 PM
I just remembered another. DD8 had a Leap Pad, and one of the pages was a U.S. map. You could touch the states with the pen, and it would say the names.

For some reason, she heard "Washington" as "Wash-i-ka". No matter how many times we said "Washington", she always said it the other way. After a while, I know it was just a game, but I do miss hearing about our first president, George Wash-i-ka. :)

buzznwoodysmom
06-28-2008, 11:38 PM
My oldest didn't pronounce "L" for the longest time so:
Landon was Andon
Collin was Connin
Balloon was Baddoon
Light was dight
Love was ove
and so on.

When Landon was a baby he called Collin Collie. It was very cute and I sometimes miss him calling Collin that when I think about it.

Landon would also say Flumb instead of thumb, and Flunder instead of thunder.

One time Collin wanted Spagettios and he kept asking for "Some bagels". It wasn't until we were in a grocery store and he said "mommy that's what I want, somebagels" that I knew what he was asking for. This actually went on for weeks. Him asking me for them and me thinging he wanted a bagel. Everytime I pass by the Spagettios at the grocery store I have a little inside chuckle.

Now my niece has an older sister named Allison. She can't say Allison, instead it is Assilon. Talk about make people turn and look when they hear her call out for her big sister in a store or something.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-29-2008, 12:05 AM
One of my nephews called it the Naked Mall instead of the Natick Mall.
And the other wanted a wubba wubba =a Butterfinger.
And they still call my Mom, their Grandmother- Bammy.
And my 5 year old nephew calls his cousin Joe, Bo.

tinkerbell04
06-29-2008, 09:42 AM
My brother in law's name is Angelo and when my DD was just starting to talk she called him what sounded like canteloupe, as she got older the name kind of stuck and we still call him that!

crazypoohbear
06-29-2008, 10:07 AM
another one.

instead of asta la vista baby.
my oldest would say......

pasta la bye bye :mickey:

tinkwest
06-29-2008, 11:17 AM
.... booze cruise - blues clues

I think this is my favorite! :silly:

Both of my kids said cal-a-pitter (caterpillar) and flutterby (butterfly).

My son liked hoe-doppers (helicopters) and wo-wos (elephants). :elephant:

My daughter liked singing and one of my favorite lines was when she was singing "Deck the Halls". When she got to the second verse which says ...
See the blazing Yule before us,
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
Strike the harp and join the chorus.
Fa la la la la, la la la la.
She would sing "Stripe the heart and join the forest". :sing:

crazypoohbear
06-29-2008, 11:32 AM
I think this is my favorite! :silly:

:

It was mine too... especially when we were out and he would start yelling.
"I want a booze cruise, I want a booze cruise!"
I would say "so do I,but how do you know about them!":marg::beer:

My nephew- almost 27, would call broccoli
brocco trees

SBETigg
06-29-2008, 11:38 AM
My son's first word at nine months old was "Dinney!" and he would say it every time he saw Mickey or the Mickey silhouette, like when passing by the Disney store. His second "word" was two words: Dee Doo. He used it at appropriate times for "Thank you." We were so glad he was early to be verbal up until he was eighteen months old and never stopped talking. He still talks non-stop, and he's seventeen. :)

My daughter used to call her favorite restaurant Frenneries. It was Friendly's, but for our family, we still go to Frenneries. :D

ElenitaB
06-29-2008, 12:05 PM
What a great thread! You all are bringing such smiles to my face!

The one I most remember from when my almost teenager was little was that he used to say "froggy" whenever it was foggy out!

alphamommy
06-30-2008, 04:35 PM
I just thought of a couple more...

When DD8 was a toddler, she frequently put an unnecessary "a" (short "a" sound) in front of various words.

At WDW when she was 2, we waited in line for quite a while to see Woody and Buzz. She started to sob, shouting, "I need a Buzz! I need a Buzz!"

She was also obsessed with "Bear in the Big Blue House". She knew that I had to push buttons on the remote to change the channel. One morning, about 2 hours after Bear went off, she brought me the remote and started saying, "But push Bear. But push Bear."

Too funny!

disney obsessed
06-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Carly called julie Dooley and julie called snow white and the seven dwarfs, snow white and the seven dorks.

disney obsessed
06-30-2008, 08:50 PM
Tory called grapes pulls - because you pulled them off the stem.

Tink&Goofy
06-30-2008, 08:54 PM
My DD, (now grown), used to say "we're going for a hangaburger". She also used to say pscetti for spaghetti.:D

Thanks for making me remember that.:thumbsup:
All of my kids used to say "hangaber" for hamburger.

Funny thing - my middle DD is hearing impaired, and speech has been very difficult and slow coming. I knew everything would be OK when she called spaghetti "biscetti" just like every other kid! :D

bjbunny
06-30-2008, 09:24 PM
My friend's daughter used to say:

piracy for privacy when she was in the bathroom
when we were talking about our trip to Disney she used to say " I so exciting" instead of "I'm so excited":mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
07-01-2008, 09:41 AM
My daughter's name is Dakota and my niece is named Kodi. They are only three months apart in age and Kodi lived with us when she was little. I can still hear them calling each other "Bakoda and Toadie". Oh how I wish I could go back in time and revisit the adventures of Bakoda and Toadie. Bakoda is turning 18 next month and I hate it!

This thread was so much fun to read through. Really took me on a trip down Memory Lane. Thanks to all that left their cute little jewels of kid speak. :thumbsup:

Belle619
07-01-2008, 10:51 AM
My cousin's little girl always says "park-lee" instead of sparkly. She called one day to tell my mom, Aunt Khaki (a.k.a. Aunt Kathy) that she had new park-lee shoes.

The funny part is we have a store here called Parkleigh - so we all thougth that was where she got her shoes from, but then my cousin got on the phone to say they were sparkly shoes.

And I'm still reminded on a regular basis that I would say zig-a-boo instead of gazebo. At 28, I'm still asked by my family if I'm going to put a zig-a-boo in my backyard.

pdrlkr
07-01-2008, 10:52 AM
My DD used to say
plape - plate

Princess'Mom
07-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Thank you to all for the smiles! I, too, love to hear a child's interpretation of a word.

My DD used to say:

Cashcan = trashcan

Yo's = Lowe's

Yeg = leg

Baycation = vacation

Baycation trees = Florida Palmtrees (she saw her first Baycation tree on her way to WDW!)

IloveDisney71
07-01-2008, 01:23 PM
One of my friends little boys used to say,
"I'll be white (instead of right) back."

It was too cute!

When I was little I thought the hymn "It is Well With my Soul" was called: It is well with Pinsol...guess what my mom cleaned the house with? Yep - Pinsol!:blush:
Imagine my surprise when I learned how to read the words!

I still smile when that song is sung at church!

wdwgrl377
07-01-2008, 04:07 PM
This is a great thread. I used to watch my good friends little girl a lot and she basically lived with us for her early years.

Well, she used to watch me put in my contacts and every morning she'd say, "You puttin' in your tontacs?!" I thought that was so cute b/c she couldn't say contacts!! :D

I believe
07-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Our yongest DD is six and just finished kindergarten. She still uses these sometimes when she is talking too fast, or is sleepy. We should correct her more than we do, but it will be too soon before these are all but a memory...
Caveation=vacation
marote= romote
maz-uh-geen=magazine
paint polish=nail polish
comfortabled=comfortable

She also adds "ed" or "er" to words
"hurted" "gooder" etc.

When she was really little she called Ice cream
"eye-bum"

Now she is into all things Disney Channel and much to our oldest DD's(10) chagrin she calls Demi Levato
Delli Melato

This is such a sweet thread!:cloud9:

Here we go again...
07-02-2008, 04:49 PM
I don't know about you, but I never corrected my DD when she said something wrong. It was so darn cute that I wanted her to say those things forever.

Daddy had "whispers", not whiskers
We had "windbloopers" not winshield wipers
She would say "aftersnoon"... we never really figured out if she meant yesterday or afternoon... it always seemed to work out.

One of our favorites...
When my oldest DD got married, Taylor said that they were going on their "honey bun" (honeymoon). :D

MickeyandTink
07-03-2008, 04:47 PM
When DD was about 2 or 3, she wanted to watch a "bud light" instead of "Bug's Life".

DS (now 2) says "thankum" instead of "thank you" and calls his sister "Rocky" instead of "Roxy"

pianobabe
07-06-2008, 12:05 PM
My Niece, who is 5, calls cupcakes, pupcakes.

TikiGoddess
07-06-2008, 02:16 PM
Pinocchio in our house is "pokey-nose".

Our older daughter called ketchup "cheh-pit".

And just today my three year old tried to say 'paleontologist'. I can't even spell the way it came out. :)

TikiG

LauraleeH
07-06-2008, 08:32 PM
When I was little, I'd see handicapped parking spots and yell out "Candy-capped!" every time.

When my brother (Now 19) was a baby, he couldn't say Lauralee, so he'd always ask for his Ee-ee. Then it was Lee-Lee, and now it's just Sis. To this day, he hasn't called me Lauralee.

Lizzy
07-06-2008, 09:47 PM
My son now 9 used to say some funny stuff..

Yater = later
lasterday- yesterday
yoyiepop -lollipop
Nockeyno- Pinocchio
Nickey Nouse- Mickey Mouse

The best was

Crappaw -Grampa

amd780
07-07-2008, 12:34 PM
I just remembered a few more cute things my sister used to say. She wore a bathing "soup," played in the "smow," needed "helf" (help), and said "I'n" for I'm. :)

meldan98
07-07-2008, 04:35 PM
My dd (4) has always sung the words to the Chicken Little (Queen) song "I am the Champion" as "I am the Chicken". Everytime champion is used she sings chicken. She now knows it is champion, but choses to sing chicken.

Also, this weekend I gave her a apricot fruit roll up and she kept calling it "papercut".

I believe
07-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Speaking of apricots... Our DD6 called Epcot "Apricot" when she was 3.

Katmegali
07-09-2008, 05:30 AM
Lets see if I can remember some of the ones my older kids used. The younger ones are just starting to talk.

Kay-Kay -- Katy

Fire -- Pacficer (Funny, once my mom was visiting and my then3yo (now 11) started screaming Fire and my Mom thought she was screaming about a real fire)

Uppie -- To be picked up
Onjun -- Onion

Unter -- What my 18 month old calls Hunter, her baby brother

iaper -- Diaper
Fi-fi -- French Fries
Poogetti -- Spaghetti
juciey -- for any kind of juice
And of course Ba-ba for bottle

My oldest at two would called Mary Poppins movie "Sugar" for a spoonful of sugar when she was two

tinkerbelle75
07-10-2008, 09:15 AM
My girls did the usual psketti- seems like they all do that....
Wal-Mart was always 'Mall Mart"
Elmo was MoMo
One of my daughter's first friends was Sabra- she called her Zebra LOL
My nephew is 5 and still has a bit of a problem with his "J' sound he pronounces it as a G.This also spills over into the Dr sound. ( like can I have something to grink?)I think one of the funniest things I have ever heard was when he told my newly developing daughter that she was getting " Gunk in her trunk!!":D
Great thread!

DisneyFreak23
07-10-2008, 10:38 AM
I babysit for a two year old and these are some of her pronunciations.

gapes --grapes
zoooce -- juice
caremee me - carry me
are doing? -- What are you doing?
sena -- Sara
emlee - Emily
zames - james
zonas brudders - Jonas Brothers (my favorite!:secret:)

tinklover
07-10-2008, 11:28 AM
I love this thread.
lets see my son now 12 used to say:
mana noni n cheez = macaroni and cheese
blanna = banana
fridge a later = frigerator
a 4 letter bad word = truck

my soon to be 4 yr old says
yayoh = yellow
I wubs you= I love you
misser = mister
mall mart = walmart
dump uh wins = dumplings
hopcicle = hospital
Har whee wose = Harley Rose (her name)
awe bee = Aubri ( her sister)
toady = cody ( her brother)

and my now 5 yr old used to say:
Aubri noodle = Aubri Noelle ( her name)
buhsketti = spaghetti
mall mart as well
heppacopper = helacopter
gahkey bike = motorcycle ( i dunno how that came about)
baby soup = bathing suit
hopstubble = hostpial
namely boo = navy blue
she still says fighter fighter = fire fighter