PDA

View Full Version : FYI there are no Space Mt T-shirts or pictures taken while on the ride.

Harley-Davidson_Guy
06-28-2008, 09:43 AM
I don't know how many times a day we are asked this question. I don't mind answering it all day long but last night a little girl burst out in tears after hearing we do not sell Space Mt t-shirts. She was only about 5 years old and her father had told her the whole trip that if she rode Space Mt. she would get to buy a Space Mt t-shirt. It was so sad! So..... for the record we do not sell Space Mt. t-shirts and there are no pictures taken on the ride. :mickey:
Please don't promise your kids something unless you know for sure that it is sold.

disneydeb
06-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Why don't they have an "I rode Space Mountain" tee?

Kairi_7378
06-28-2008, 10:33 AM
That's so sad! I hope that he didn't promise her anything else (like a TTA t shirt) that didn't exist.

I too wish that they had more Space Mountain merchandise. My Dad loved SM on his only trip (in 1981) and I wanted to bring him a souvenir from this ride but was a little disappointed in the selection. Oh well... I guess that Disney merchandising has done the research and decided that they wouldn't sell well.

DISNEYLOVERS5
06-28-2008, 10:48 AM
he could get her a pin

KAJUNKING
06-28-2008, 10:59 AM
he could get her a pin

thats what we did for our kids, any "scary" ride they went on we bought them a pin for that ride and they really enjoyed that, i think there is a pin for almost all attractions

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Ah Karen, you're learning the ways of a Merchandise CM. :D

Don't send them to us either though because contrary to popular belief, the Emporium DO NOT have everything. Especially if it's something that would be specialized for an area (Buzz Lightyear merch, Splash Merch).

dolphinmickey9170
06-28-2008, 11:18 AM
I have purchased a Space Mountain t-shirt in the past....so they DID at one point. It was a bright blue that had a countdown type lettering on the back. It's too bad they don't still sell it.:(

scoot241
06-28-2008, 12:04 PM
I bought a Space Mountain t-shirt. It's gray with 3 monochromatic orange cells that has Mickey and Goofy (and maybe Donald) riding in a rocket and on the third cell the rocket busts through the top right corner of the cell flying out.

The caption underneath says "Spaced Out"

So, I concur that they have sold Space Mountain t-shirts in the past... as recently as 2004.

MatterhornMiss
06-28-2008, 01:26 PM
If you want a picture of yourself riding Space Mountain, you have to go to Disneyland in California. I think the one at Disneyland Paris also has pics--I seem to remember my friend looking terrified (she does not like roller coasters that go upside down).

JPelle76
06-28-2008, 07:40 PM
I bought a Space Mountain t-shirt. It's gray with 3 monochromatic orange cells that has Mickey and Goofy (and maybe Donald) riding in a rocket and on the third cell the rocket busts through the top right corner of the cell flying out.

The caption underneath says "Spaced Out"

So, I concur that they have sold Space Mountain t-shirts in the past... as recently as 2004.

I love those t's with mickey and the 3 different cell! I have the Splash Mt one that say's Dry is NOT an opption!

I have to say that is surprising considering how popular space mt is.

dan864
06-28-2008, 07:53 PM
You can purchase SM t-shirts at DISNEY LAND PARIS,2 colours blue or gray with the SM logo on the front.

scoot241
06-28-2008, 09:28 PM
I love those t's with mickey and the 3 different cell! I have the Splash Mt one that say's Dry is NOT an opption!

I have to say that is surprising considering how popular space mt is.

I remember there were a whole series of them. I believe HM and ToT had a shirt, and maybe some other rides too.

DisneyDudet
06-28-2008, 10:28 PM
I remember there were a whole series of them. I believe HM and ToT had a shirt, and maybe some other rides too.

PotC has the best one!

I remember seeing SpaceMtn shirts in the past, so it must be within the last few years they are no longer selling them.

I hope the little girl was content with another souvie!

Young@Heart
06-28-2008, 10:29 PM
It's too bad they don't carry these shirts in WDW as well as Paris. If I saw someone wearing one, I'd probably assume they'd have them at WDW, too. :blush:

JPelle76
06-28-2008, 10:49 PM

I think they still have them as pins. They were very cute!

Harley-Davidson_Guy
06-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Ah Karen, you're learning the ways of a Merchandise CM. :D

Don't send them to us either though because contrary to popular belief, the Emporium DO NOT have everything. Especially if it's something that would be specialized for an area (Buzz Lightyear merch, Splash Merch).

Sorry Jessica, we are trained to tell everyone that if we don't have it that the Emporium has EVERYTHING!:funny: Well, actually we tell them that if you don't have it that you will know where to find it. :bolt:

Yes we were told that they did sell the shirts but they didn't sell very well. Maybe they need to revisit that idea. Oh, and that father did say maybe they would have better luck over at Big Thunder Mtn. Railroad. :stop: Good thing he said that because I had to tell him there wasn't a gift shop there and he'd have a hard time finding a BTMR shirt. He said he'd try the Emporium. Sounds good to me! :funny:

Oh, and the father bought her a pin and told her she could make her own shirt when she got home. I tried to offer a free game in the arcade but they were in too big of a hurry.

Harley-Davidson_Guy
06-28-2008, 11:39 PM
:joy: I have an idea. :joy: I've decide the best guest service would be telling them to go to the the Emporium and ask for Jessica. :shop: :bolt:

:funny:

Carol
06-29-2008, 08:13 AM
If you want a picture of yourself riding Space Mountain, you have to go to Disneyland in California. Yep - and they have t-shirts in the exit shop as well. Gotta love Disneyland! Maybe when WDW gets the same super version of Space Mountain Disneyland has they'll start offering both in Florida too. ;)

dephenn
06-29-2008, 09:25 AM
They have Space Mountain and TTA tee shirts on ebay. I am assuming it's licensed to do so.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-29-2008, 10:31 AM
:joy: I have an idea. :joy: I've decide the best guest service would be telling them to go to the the Emporium and ask for Jessica. :shop: :bolt:

:funny:

Well, it's a good thing that there are 5 of us! That way, I won't be the only one getting yelled at.

If you really want to send them somewhere, tell them World of Disney. They have more than we do.

But I'm honestly saying that ride-specific or park-specific items can really one be found at their respective locations. So if they are looking for a Space Mountain shirt, only you guys would have it.

Harley-Davidson_Guy
06-29-2008, 06:12 PM
5 of you? Well, we took a stroll through the Emporium this afternoon on our way out and didn't see even one of you.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-30-2008, 01:19 AM
Really? I know 4 of us were there tonight. LOL!

You must have missed us! I was the one running back and forth with arms full of packages and hangers.

One Jessica was on registers but she had the Pat tag, and the other was on putbacks. The last Jess was backstage hanging.

Georgesgirl1
06-30-2008, 08:06 AM
If you want a picture of yourself riding Space Mountain, you have to go to Disneyland in California. I think the one at Disneyland Paris also has pics--I seem to remember my friend looking terrified (she does not like roller coasters that go upside down).

Does Space Mountain in Paris go upside down? I never knew that?!

MickeyandTink
07-02-2008, 11:15 AM
On the T-shirts, DD and I got a three mountains T (Space, Splash and BTM) at the Splash Mountain gift store last summer.

MatterhornMiss
07-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Does Space Mountain in Paris go upside down? I never knew that?!

It's similar to Rockin Roller Coaster at HS or California Screamin at DCA in that it also uses magnets to start the coaster off fast. I heard when they refurbed Space Mt. at Disneyland in CA, they were also going to add inversions, but didn't have enough room to do so.

SoaringEpcot
07-03-2008, 01:12 PM
:D Got mine on ebay too. A great looking shirt that was new and for a good price. :coaster:I wear it evrytime I get a chance and have had several comments on it.

sisterdisco
07-03-2008, 09:34 PM
I have a SM T shirt, size Youth Large, good condition, lime green w/ mickey, donald and goofy on it, that was in a pile of clothes to go to the Rescue Mission. If anyone wants it for their kid, please PM me, and I will send it to you.

Imagineer1981
07-07-2008, 04:44 PM
I have purchased a Space Mountain t-shirt in the past....so they DID at one point. It was a bright blue that had a countdown type lettering on the back. It's too bad they don't still sell it.:(

I also have 2 shirts, I bought when I worked there

andreallybadeggs
07-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Well as long as we're throwing t shirt ideas out there how 'bout a "I Survived Small World" or
"So and So went to Walt Disney World and All I Got Was this Stupid Sounds Dangerous Tee Shirt" ;)

Young@Heart
07-15-2008, 11:03 PM
"I Survived Small World" or
"So and So went to Walt Disney World and All I Got Was this Stupid Sounds Dangerous Tee Shirt" ;)

:silly::funny::rotfl:

rookie
07-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Really? I know 4 of us were there tonight. LOL!

You must have missed us! .

Were you all fighting over a peanut?:pirate: