PDA

View Full Version : Pleasure Island Clubs Closing

dnickels
06-27-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm a little bummed about this, I thought PI was doing fairly well, but apparently not as well as Disney thought it could.

From the Orlando Sentinel

The six nightclubs at Pleasure Island will soon shut down, as Walt Disney World redevelops the adult-focused district at Downtown Disney.

BET SoundStage Club, Mannequins Dance Palace, 8Trax and three other nightclubs that have for years catered largely to young, single adults -- rather than to Disney's bread-and-butter family market -- will close after Sept. 27. Over the next couple of years Disney will reopen the Pleasure Island area with a broader mix of restaurants and shops.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/orl-disney2808jun28,0,2367595.story

Maleficent's Dad
06-27-2008, 09:11 PM
Hmmmm... what's going to happen to the Adventurer's Club? :scratch:

beksy
06-27-2008, 09:35 PM
The Adventurer's Club is my concern too! We liked the Comedy Club (that's the only other one we went to since my sister's 19) but the Adventurer's Club was one of the highlights of our trip and one of the things my sis is most looking forward to in Dec '09. As long as they keep it around I'm happy so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :fingers:

Crow
06-27-2008, 09:46 PM
goodbye...........guess i will have to visit in Sept
it used to be a good place to visit. seeing the NY eve celebration, walking down the street w a drink, stopping at the little stage to see the dancers. seeing the dancers in Mannequins, checkin comedy, some adventure...
what about the older, single crowd?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-27-2008, 10:59 PM
Man, as if meeting someone outside of Disney wasn't hard enough as it is, they go and close off our only other way for socialization.

A lot of CM's are not going to be happy.

wonderalice23
06-27-2008, 11:09 PM
Man...we really just got into going to Adventurer's Club, Comedy Warehouse and
8Trax! I hope they will keep these classics around! Will have to make a trip to PI a couple times in August at least. Also, because we have a Premium AP, I wonder if Disney will compensate at all? Not like its a big deal, but it is included in the pass.....hmmm.:confused:

sandwalker44
06-28-2008, 12:03 AM
I can only hope that there is just as much push back for the Adventurer's Club as there was for Journey Into the Imagination. While the other clubs (for the most part) had very similar themes to a lot of clubs in a lot of cities, the Adventurer's Club was unique and a wonderful experience. It was a place where people could both let their hair down while also being at risk of being set upon by a hysterical group of comedians doing the best in improvisational and sketch comedy.

The world has just become more serious.

Carol
06-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Disney has yet to confirm this.

I'm going to close this discussion here since we have an article running about the Pleasure Island changes in the Rumors & News forum (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=136677).

Thanks.