PDA

View Full Version : OK..I'm off on my first non Disney vacation in years..I'm not too excited!!

mouseketeer mom
06-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Well, I pretty much finished packing today for my first non Disney vacation in years (not counting shore vacations here in Jersey.) We're off to Colorado Springs for a week. I am not even a little excited. Whats wrong with me??? Here's a chance to see a whole different part of the country, and all I can think about is that when we come home, its only a month away to our WDW vacation in August. Sigh. Even my packing was half hearted. I usually get excited thinking about what I'm wearing to this dinner or that at WDW, and this time I thru stuff in my suitcase, thinking this will do. Anyone else suffer from this????

pink
06-27-2008, 06:43 PM
I know how you feel but in your case you're going to WDW less than 2 months from now. Enjoy this vacation and know that you'll be in Disney before you know it. Colorado Springs is a beautiful area in CO. :mickey:

TiggeRia
06-27-2008, 09:48 PM
I know how you feel--but at least you have a Disney vacation to look forward to! Colorado Springs is a beautiful place-we went there every year for vacation while my brother went to the Air Force Academy. There is so much to see and do (Pike's Peak, Garden of the Gods, Cliff Dwellings, Air Force Academy, etc...) and it is absolutely gorgeous! You'll have a great time!

buzznwoodysmom
06-27-2008, 10:26 PM
I do know how you feel, Lisa. When we planned our Vero vacation I was so excited about it until I added a few days at WDW. Then I almost forgot we were even going to Vero. However, Vero proved to be a very special place and now we can't wait to return agian one day.

Maybe this will help you get excited about Colorado Springs. As much as I love WDW I've never really, seriously considered moving there. Maybe when Kevin and I retire, but not now. When we vacationed in Colorado Springs I wanted to move there. It was all I thought about for a long time. We visited in the winter and got to see snow, which I had only experienced once in my life before that. It was such a beautiful place, I really felt like it was a place I could live, like it was the place I was supposed to be. I tried very hard for several years to convience Kevin to move there, but he likes living here. So, I personally think you are going to have a fantastic time. WDW is still my favorite place to visit, but Colorado is a very close second.

So get excited and remember your WDW vacation will be here soon enough!

PrincessEmmasMommy
06-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi! We went to visit family in Castle Rock, CO in April (about 45 mins. from Colorado Springs). It is gorgeous there. If you have children, make sure to visit the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. It is gorgeous and built into the side of a mountain. Also, they have a great exhibit where you can feed zebras. Lots of them! It was a high point on our trip. We also did the Cog Railway up Pike's Peak and Garden of the Gods and Airforce Academy. Enjoy!
Jen

mouseketeer mom
06-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks everyone. I hope I do get excited once I get there.
We do have reservations for the Cog railway, another for horseback riding thru Garden of the Gods, and we are staying around the corner from the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, at the Cheyenne Mountain resort so we will be sure to hit the zoo too.
Denise, thats reassuring that you wanted to live there! Wow!

Soul_Power
06-28-2008, 01:24 PM
I know this feeling all to well!

I just came back from a 3 week long vacation to the Philippines and Hong Kong, and before I left I found out that one of my co-workers was going to WDW, and I said, "Aww, you're so lucky. I'm jealous!" He said, "WHAT! I am going to FLORIDA, and you're going to another country! Don't be jealous of me!" :laughing:

TheRustyScupper
06-28-2008, 02:02 PM
1) There are magnificent USA vacation spots, INCLUDING Orlando.
. . . Colorado Springs
. . . Cleveland
. . . New York City
. . . Newark
. . . Grand Canyon
2) I am sure your will have a great time.

TiggeRia
06-28-2008, 02:37 PM
. . . Colorado Springs
. . . Cleveland
. . . New York City
. . . Newark
. . . Grand Canyon

I know you can't be referring to Newark, New Jersey?! :blush:

mouseketeer mom
06-28-2008, 08:21 PM
. . . Colorado Springs
. . . Cleveland
. . . New York City
. . . Newark
. . . Grand Canyon
2) I am sure your will have a great time.

Newark???? Are you trying to make me feel better or worse????? You grouped Colorado Springs with Newark???