PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

We LOVE Disney
06-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi

On our last day our plane doesn't leave until 7pm. Can we do a late check out from POR for 3pm or what do we do with our stuff if we have to check out at 11am?? Also, what time do the shops open in DTD on Sunday's?

Thanks!
Tracy

KylesMom
06-27-2008, 04:37 PM
It has been our experience that they grant very few late check-outs at Disney - but if you do not get your request, you can check your luggage with bell services for the day. I believe the DTD shops open at 9:30 am.

CleveRocks
06-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Hi

On our last day our plane doesn't leave until 7pm. Can we do a late check out from POR for 3pm or what do we do with our stuff if we have to check out at 11am?? Also, what time do the shops open in DTD on Sunday's?

Thanks!
Tracy
Every halfway decent hotel in the country will store bags for you on your check-out day after check-out time. Just take your bags to POR's Bell Services. Better yet, call Bell Services from your room (way in advance) and have them pick up your bags and store them for you.

Check-out time is 11 a.m. If they have room availability, you can request a late check-out by 1 p.m., and there will be no charge. If you ask for a 3 p.m. check-out, you will be charged 50% of the daily rack rate for the room. If you request a later than 3 p.m. check-out, you will be charged 100% of the daily rack rate.

If you are flying one of the "participating airlines," you can use Resort Airline Check-in to check your bags through to your final destination and get your boarding passes; you can use RAC whether or not you are using Disney's Magical Express for a ride back to the airport. RAC is open daily fro, 5:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. So you could dispose of your checked bags that way (if you are flying on a participating airline), and you could have Bell Services store your carry-ons.

The shops at DTD open daily at 9:30 a.m. The restaurants open at 9 a.m.

azdisneymom
06-27-2008, 04:39 PM
You can always leave your luggage at the bell desk once you check out for free. I would make sure it is securely locked. Take anything valuable if you can't make it secure. Someone went through my carry on the one and only time I forgot to lock it. :mad: Never had a problem with items that were locked.

As far as late check out. You can always ask, no guarantees but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Sunshine1010
06-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Out of the 4 times we've asked for a late checkout, we've been approved to do so 3 times.

Just remember....you have to call Maid Services the day before to get authorization.

That's who I have always called, and it's worked great for me.

Our average 'late check out time' was noon-1pm.

We've never been charged.

Polynesian Dweller
06-27-2008, 06:57 PM
The real issue here is availability. Disney is so busy that its almost a sure thing that someone else is coming to check into that room that day. The longer you stay in the room the later it gets cleaned and setup for that new party and the longer they have to wait to be able to check-in. I would strongly suggest leaving your bags at the bell desk and checking out 11am so the new party can have as good a start to their vacation as you did. Just MHO.

We LOVE Disney
06-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Thanks for all the responses! I knew I'd find the answers here :mickey:

Tracy