PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach VS Coronado Springs

italiangrl.08
06-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Okay so we are going to WDW in Januray, staying for two weeks, but we don't want to stay at the same place the whole time....For the first week we are staying at the Wilderness Lodge, so we have narrowed it down to the Caribbean Beach Resort and Coronado Springs Resort! We like both, but from expierence which one is better? For a family of six, from ages :babyroll:5-13 :blah:!!!
Anyway all and any information is helpful! Thanks, :mickey:

brian2000boston
06-27-2008, 02:40 PM
We posed that same question to our travel agent prior to booking. She told us that we would be better off at the Caribbean Beach Resort because Coronado Springs hosts a lot of conventions making it very busy and not as peacful or comfortable.

Again this is not personal experience but i am sure others will have some for you.

Good luck,
Brian

BronxTigger
06-27-2008, 02:59 PM
My suggestions:

-Put WL the 2nd week of the two. Why? Because it is the nicer of the two. You will be upgrading as your trip progresses, not downgrading.

-I have stayed at both CSR and CBR. I prefer CBR because of the theming. CBR is getting a massive pool overhaul that will be done by your trip, but January may be too cold to swim. The rooms at CBR are slightly larger than at CSR, and CBR has 2 sinks while CSR only has 1 sink in the room.

Both CBR and CSR are large, so that's a non-issue between the two. Neither one seems crowded because they are so spread out.

Bottom line: If I got to choose, I'd do CBR for the first week and WL for the 2nd week.

italiangrl.08
06-27-2008, 05:49 PM
:mickey: One problem with that we have already booked for W.L, the only reason we haven't done week two, is because we were planning on staying in the French Quarter at Port Orleans, but the are doing construction when we were planning to go! Also we have family vacationing with us for the first week only, so we wanted to to have the better of the two resorts so we could ALL enjoy the W.L., but thanks for your opianions we will take them both into consideration, knowing a little more!!!:mickey: You have been really helpful, any other info. i'd love to hear.

Thanks!

disneydeb
06-27-2008, 06:19 PM
I don't know if it matters any to people in your party of not but CBR has no elevators.

nikki'smom
06-28-2008, 08:22 AM
CSR!! Better pool, food, and busing.

Tigerinvestigator
06-28-2008, 10:31 AM
CSR is my wife's favorite resort. It is actually better for us that it is a convention resort. The buses and restaurants can be less crowded because many of the conventioneers are not going to the parks and eating outside the restaurants. The pool and its theme is one of the best at WDW.

In comparison the CBR is our least favorite Moderate although it is still nicer than most resorts outside of WDW. Both resorts are very spread out and can require alot of walking (especially compared to the WL).:thumbsup:

Luthien Tinuviel
06-28-2008, 01:10 PM
While I enjoyed both resorts very much, I have to say I like Coronado Springs Resort a little better. I guess I just liked the theming better. We stayed in the cabanas, however I thought the ranchos looked pretty cool. I also found the Pepper Market to be better than the Old Port Royale Food Court. I have not been to table service restaurants at either resort, so I can't comment on those. I also preferred the jogging path at Coronado Springs if that's something that interests you. That said, these are just my opinions. All in all, there were both great. I have no complaints about either one and I'm sure you'll be happy with whichever you chose!

AllDisney
06-28-2008, 04:17 PM
We like both CSR & CBR.

CSR has the convention center associated with it. We found that NOT to be an issue, but a plus. They didn't go to the parks when everyone else is trying to get there. They tend to eat breakfast that is provided to them by the convention, therefore, the Pepper Market wasn't crowded during breakfast hours The pool is really cool too:mickey:

CBR has a great theme going on. The buildings are colorful & you just get the feeling you really are in the Caribbean. It's big, but we love walking around even after a full day at the parks. The food court is very good. Pools are nice as well.

You can't make a bad choice:thumbsup:

buzz2001
06-29-2008, 08:22 AM
CSR! Great main pool area, terrific transportation and awesome food choices.

CSR is newer and has elevators in each building.

Gator
06-29-2008, 06:10 PM
I love Coronado. That being said, you should go to Carribean Beach. Here's why. If you get your room in the rancho area, it will look like a scaled-back version of WL (at least the outside decor). If you go to CB, it will all be tropical. It's very nice there and it will be more of the anti-WL, giving you a new experience. And by the way, I'm insanely jealous that you get to stay for 2 weeks.:thedolls:

CleveRocks
06-29-2008, 10:08 PM
You have a delicious dilemma in front of you. You can't go wrong, they're both wonderful resorts.

My advice, for this your first trip to either one, is choose whichever theme appeals to you more.

You simply can't make a bad choice.

lilolvr
06-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Another vote for CSR!

bruin1344
06-30-2008, 01:16 PM
never stayed at CBR but i enjoyed Coronado Springs, nice theming and it was peaceful and quiet there unlike the value resorts

Crow
06-30-2008, 10:29 PM
I would have suggested WL the 2nd wk also. but since your circumstances warrent otherwise
enjoy WL its great
CSR is tied for my fav mod. CBR Ive been at a few times but its in 2nd place for mods w me.
have a good trip

Stacey
07-01-2008, 12:04 AM
We just returned from CS this past weekend. Above posters are correct- CS has 3-4 huge convention halls, which may make it a bit crowded. Also, we loved the food at the Pepper Market, but the system they have for paying is bizarre (take your tray and ticket, get your own food, then pay afterwards, and a 10% 'service charge' is automatically added for the kitchen staff, not the waiter who only brings your drinks, who you are then expected to tip). There'll be a lot of walking involved, as the casitas are located around the lake (cast members with small trams are available to drive you, if you prefer). The view is gorgeous at night, though, and it can't be beat. In Casita 5, we could see the fireworks display from what I believe was MGM Studios. They also have a great pool, very large, with a full service food stand and bar. Was a bit pricey for the size beds and room we got, but it was well maintained.

Wrigley
07-01-2008, 01:49 PM
We have stayed at both CBR and CSR, and it is no comparison for us. We absolutely love the CBR. We are staying there again next year!! We love the theme of the resort and the relaxed feeling. We also prefer the food court at CBR-Old Port Royale. We never find CBR to seem crowded or busy since it is spread out. If it were my choice-it would be CBR!:thumbsup: