PDA

View Full Version : The Good, the bad and the Magic :) Day 7

Mackflava99
06-27-2008, 07:35 AM
Cast- myself , my wife and my twin girls age 9

Day 7
This AM, I got up and went for a walk around the lake, I love the area around the BC, it’s got so much character, and it really has a lot going on.
We spent the AM in the pool, it was brutally hot today-
We also went to beaches and cream for lunch- the best onion rings in WDW…We didn’t have the Kitchen sink for dessert, but my kids want to try before we leave.
It’s a gigantic sundae- I am not sure we can finish it.
We went to Epcot today-
We entered and I immediately ran over to Soarin to get us a FP-
We topped to go see Journey into Imagination first
Then we also had reservations for the “Behind the Seeds” tour- It was pretty good- I liked it a lot, my wife got semi-bored because it was over an hour- (1 hour 10 min)
Surprisingly the kids didn’t get bored. They both got picked to be “bug Helpers” so they helped the guide transplant different bugs to plants to assist with pest control. They also got to sample some hydroponic food and smell a lot of cool things. I was pretty sure they would hate the tour and they said they actually liked it. Even my wife was asking the guide alot of questions, so overall it was a good thing to do- Plus ,there was a downpour while we were inside, so we missed the brunt of the rain.
Then we were off to go see Nemo and Test track, then Maelstrom and Honey I shrunk the kids,
and after seeing O’canada, then we ended up at Le Cellier for Dinner. I had never been there before, I tried for 3 trips to get a reservation with no luck. Well, it was terrific- very good steak, excellent Smores dessert We had a terrific waiter and the meal overall rated very high. It’s recommended.
We then went on Mission space, , Soarin, The Land, and Spaceship earth ( crowds were light due to heavy rain (again)
– I have to say I Liked the new version of Spaceship earth- the part with the monitor in your vehicle is pretty cool, my kids made us ride 2 times.
After that we walked back home to the Beach club- isn’t that soooooo convenient ?
It was a very full day and we were bushed after that.
After we got home, I put the kids to bed and then went back for EMH- so I got to stay at Epcot till midnight-
It was cool walking around so late, but I did miss having my family share the experiences.
I went to A few countries and rode TT once more, I also went and played that mining game at Mission Space- ( after the ride in the “training center” ) I really enjoy that game- yes I like video games way too much…. But it’s very cool and a lot of fun.
----------
The Good- Seeing "Off Kilter" perform- they are very talented
The Bad – my kids were going to take a picture for a 3-d hologram at JII but they started arguing and we couldn’t do it- My wife was sad, because they are usually very well behaved kids…
The Magical – Illuminations- definitely my favorite fireworks show- it was terrific tonight- I love the spinning globe-
p.s before I left home, I went to our local Dollar store and bought a bunch of fluorescent necklaces for the kids- each night I give them some to wear, it saves me a lot of money, because normally they want to buy them each night for much more $$ )

mouseketeer mom
06-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Gotta love being so close to Epcot from the BC! Your day sounds so lovely, rain and all. Glad you liked Le Cellier. Its finally good to check it out after hearing so much about it, right?
Thanks for sharing!

Donald
06-27-2008, 09:29 AM
That sounds like you had a lot of fun. Sorry the twins didn't let you get a picture-typical kids though-I definately would see my two boys goofing around or arguing when I wanted to have them do something like take a picture. :mickey:

KylesMom
06-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Although we've not made it to the "Seeds" tour, it sounds very interesting. Glad everyone enjoyed it!

Yep, LeCellier can be a real treat - I'm so looking forward to our ressies (x2) there soon! I'm sorry you didn't get the photo you wanted with the girls. Hey, we all get a little short-tempered after spending so much time together, don't be discouraged!

Cool that you were able to jump on back to Epcot for awhile with EMH - I can sure understand, though, that it's not quite the same without the "fam":thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
06-27-2008, 04:15 PM
Thanks for sharing, you sure did get a lot done today.

chelly4568
06-27-2008, 05:20 PM
it sound really funn i wish i was in disney rite now):

faline
06-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Except for the little spat, you had another lovely day! Someday, I've got to do that Seeds tour!

pdrlkr
06-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

#1disneyfan
06-27-2008, 11:38 PM
You really got alot accomplished even hitting the parks in the afternoon! Sounds like a lot of fun, with the exception of the twins arguement! It happens.

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to read more!

dolphinmickey9170
06-28-2008, 02:41 PM
Your girls sound great!! Even one little arguing match is easy to take vs the children we've seen just screaming non stop for hours while they fight back and forth. (Not my kids:blush:). Yes....my kids. They were teenagers who just couldn't get along!

I'm so glad you love LeCellier. It is our #1 favorite restaurant.

Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

pink
06-29-2008, 12:20 AM
I've been enjoying your trip reports so far, thanks for sharing! It's sounds like you had a great time. :mickey:

daparish
06-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Glad you had such a fun day at Epcot. It's my favorite park!:mickey:

Keneva
06-29-2008, 08:33 PM
I have really enjoyed reading your trip reports. I appreciate it when people give little tips that are so usefull. I will definitely be going to the Dollar store for some Glo necklaces as my whole family usually want one (at $5 bucks a pop!). :thumbsup:

DizNee143
07-01-2008, 01:15 PM
i like how you started the day in the pool and then went to epcot...
i love just being able to walk right back to the room..i havent stayed at BC..but i have stayed many times at the boardwalk..and i love being so close!!!
glad you guys had another great day!:mickey:

wendy*darling
07-01-2008, 09:15 PM
I just love the quiet morning atmosphere around Crescent Lake. A peaceful walk around that lake is just what I love to get the day started. The BC and BW are my 2 favorite resorts (VWL is very close though...)

Your family likes to start the day more slowly that we typically do. I think it would be so much more relaxing to get up, swim, have lunch and then hit the parks. We're always in there with the first throngs as the gates open- and then we are closing the park at the other end of the day. Not too relaxing!
I may have to try it your way sometime- I am sure my boys would prefer it too (they are 18 & 21 and love to sleep ;)).

ChipnDaleGal
07-03-2008, 09:07 AM
I really want to do that Behind the Seeds tour someday. I am glad your family all enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing your fun Epcot day with us. :mickey:

Lizzie
07-05-2008, 05:01 PM
I want to stay at the BC sometime but I don't think will ever have the money.

dtootsie42
07-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Sounds like a terrific day. :mickey: