PDA

View Full Version : The Good the bad and the Magic :) Day 6

Mackflava99
06-27-2008, 07:31 AM
Cast- myself, my wife and my twin girls age 9

Day 6

Moving day-
The modem in my room still hasn’t been fixed-
There was also a double change from Cali grill, so I had to go to the concierge.
They fixed the bill, but in reality, the meal plan for a dual hotel stay was not planned out well by me, we ran out of dinner s because I figured we’d be here the entire 10 days, so I did have reservations
For a non-Dip restaurant on Friday, - but that won’t help now- The Concierge couldn’t fix it-
We got the porters to take our bags to the BC and we taxied over there. They even took our food-
Our room was not going to be ready till, 2pm, so we just swam in the BC pool- it was and still is the best pool around. Sand bottom, great water slide, whirlpool, lazy river..
**I want to thank everyone ( esp. Lisa and Linda) who helped calm me down about the move-
It went very smooth.
We got a nice room, not exactly what we ordered ( instead of 2 rooms 3 beds we got 2 beds, ) but it was in a quiet area and very clean.
We had lunch at Hurricane Hannah’s, very nice grilled chicken flatbread. And stayed in the pool till 4pm-
Then we went to Spoodles for dinner- and stopped at the dvc MIXER BEFORE. I Saw our sales guy, Bobby who I have sent a lot of people to. He gave us a bunch of DVC souvenirs…
Spoodles is another place that had a bad rap-
We have been there 4 straight years. And each time it was great. This time proved no different-
I had a pork chop that was so tender it melted in my mouth- my wife had pasta that she thought was terrific. We had a great desert- some kind of yogurt – raspberry/honey combo- that was so excellent-
I told our waiter to give my compliments to the chef, and the chef actually came bye and thanked us for our kind words. I was impressed. So far this was the best meal-
And I almost forgot- we had a pitcher of sangria- WOW it was soooooooooooo good.
After dinner we went to Downtown Disney, we went shopping, sent some stuff home and I also got an engraved Christmas ornament with all my family’s names ( even our new puppy)-
I just LOVE the Christmas store-
My kids hit the Lego store… they are Lego freaks, and they took way too long doing the “ make your own Lego person” activity- Then they got tattoos ( decal ones) and hair wraps…
This year I gave my kids a budget for souvenirs- they each got a Disney gift card and it’s been up to them to spend against the budget-
It’s been great, and they have been trying their best to do it right. I am proud of them for it.
We ended up going to Disney Quest for a while, it’s a great place to play video games. I enjoy it as much as them- the POC virtual reality was terrific- so realistic.
We took a taxi home because the bus line was gigantic, it didn’t cost much and we got home quickly.
The good- The Christmas store
The bad – spending an hour of my vacation at the WL desk going over the double charge.
The magical- The concierge at the BC fixing all my issues with the dining plan, in about 3 minutes after the person at WL said it couldn’t be corrected.

mouseketeer mom
06-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Yeah! Moving day was easy! Terrific. Told ya'!;)
What a great first day at the BC. Lots of stormalong bay time. Nothing says the BC like Stormalong Bay.
Spoodles sounds yummy. We have never been there!
Sounds like shopping at DDD went well too. Fun!

KylesMom
06-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Unfortunate that you found a discrepancy on your bill. Good thing you caught it! Sounds like the transition itself was quite painless, and that you all had a nice time hangin' at Stormalong Bay. Glad too that the BC CMs were able to fix your dining dilemma!

One of our favorites - Downtown Disney! I hear ya about the Xmas Store - so much merchandise, so little time (or is that so much cash?). :D Yet another great post. Thanks! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-27-2008, 04:12 PM
I am glad that the concerige at the BC could fix your problem. Thanks for sharing.

faline
06-27-2008, 07:11 PM
Your pride in your childen shines through all your reports! You sound like a really wonderful dad!

pdrlkr
06-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

#1disneyfan
06-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Why is it what one CM can't fix, another can? Sometimes I just can't understand that!

Glad everything was fixed for you.

Thanks for sharing!

dolphinmickey9170
06-28-2008, 02:33 PM
In response to #1disneyfan, it sounds like CM inexperience. So glad it was fixed so quickly!! What a great day you had. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

daparish
06-29-2008, 09:00 AM
We are staying at BC in December! Thanks for the report. :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
07-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Glad that your resort move went so well, and that the BC staff could help you with your billing issues. I would love to stay at the BC someday. It is so pretty over there. Thanks for another wonderful report. :mickey:

DizNee143
07-01-2008, 12:42 PM
of course..yet another great day!!!
seems moving to the new resort wasnt that bad..sounds like a great night of shopping!! my favorite part!! lol :mickey:

wendy*darling
07-01-2008, 09:03 PM
I was worried you would have difficulties transferring to the BC- and I would feel so bad for telling you how easy it was.
But it was easy!!! Hooray! :party:
And doesn't it feel like a brand new vacation when you get to the new resort- even though you are still in WDW?
Glad to hear you got a competent CM to fix your issues. :thumbsup: