PDA

View Full Version : The Good, the bad and the Magic- :) Day 4

Mackflava99
06-27-2008, 07:27 AM
Day 4
Today we woke up to a little rain, drizzle to be exact-
But we went out and rented the little blue speed boats and raced around the area in front of the WL and the FW. We drove past the old River Country water park, I still wonder why they closed it- it was very convenient.
Anyway- then we went to Ohana for a breakfast, the kids got to meet Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto-
They also got to take part in a parade, they had a great time. The food was very good also, not as good as 1900 park fare but the sausage at Ohana was the best I have had in a while. Service was good, overall experience was great. Lilo and stitch spent a lot of time with my kids, they made it a special breakfast for them.
From there we went directly to Magic Kingdom.. My mom decided to go back to the room, so the 4 of us rushed to get there. It was very crowded, and hot ( but we were getting used to it) We went on Splash mountain, Country Bear Jamboree, Tiki Room , SFR Treehouse, and Jungle Cruise. Both POC and TMR were closed. We saw Woody’s roundup also which was new to us. We had lunch at Columbia Harbor house…the best lunch anywhere… then did the haunted mansion( I liked the renovations) , Tom Sawyer island ( did not find a paint brush at all…), rode the Paddlewheeler, then went to Toon town so the kids could see Mickey and Minnie’s houses. We went back to see if POC or TMR were re-opened yet ( no) so we decided to watch spectromagic. It was terrific..We then went to Hall of Presidents and HM again.
We left and went to the Cali Grill for Dinner-
It was excellent, and the view was spectacular- The service was top notch and all of us loved our meals.
We had a terrific Waiter and he made sure everything was right.
After dinner, we went back to MK- hit POC and Aladdin, and walked around Main Street.
We left and went to the boat landing, and there was a pretty large line built up for the WL boat.
We missed the first boat, and there were still about 25 people in front of us and about 30 people behind us. . There was a teenager in front of us with an Alabama football shirt on, suddenly he raised the rope and let in 12 family members, this after we were all waiting about 25 minutes…I was not happy, my kids actually said “ Daddy, those people cut the line, that’s not nice, at school we get sent to the back if we cut.” I said (loudly) “Yes honey, I know, some people just do not have manners…, their parents didn’t do a good job teaching them, “ One of the ladies said- “ we were shopping so we sent Clyde over to save our spot” A man behind me said, “ Well Clyde is ok, but the rest of you need to go to the back.”
The lady said “ No we won’t , he reserved our spot fair and solid” Did she mean Fair and Square?
I said” if that’s the type of people you are then stay there, I know I need to set a good example for my children, so I will explain to them how you are an example of a rude , insensitive person. So I do thank you for making my lessons easier to visualize. “ I perplexed her, she didn’t know how to answer and a few of them huddled up and talked, but they stayed together… “ We are not moving” they said.
Then the WL boat came and the people started getting on and ½ their party got on, the rest remained.
As the boat pulled away, the lady said- “ was that the FW boat? I said no- it was WL-
THEY WERE IN THE WRONG LINE
So they got out of line and had to go to the back of a really long FW line. EVERYONE ELSE CLAPPPED
It was funny – especially since ½ of them were already on the wrong boat.
All said, it took us 1hour and 45 minutes to get from the train station on Main Street to the Wilderness lodge dock- add 8 minutes to walk to our room-
Either way we slept well that night,,,
The good – Getting a pineapple whip 
The Bad – The “line cutters”
The Magical – the view from the Cali Grill- stupendous..

mouseketeer mom
06-27-2008, 08:46 AM
GREAT story about the line cutters! Ha Ha!
Sounds like a terrific day at the MK! You're whole day sounds terrific..Ohana's, MK, Cali Grill, then MK again..you can't beat that! Perfect.

KylesMom
06-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Ugh, aren't line cutters the worst, especially when everyone else is doing their best to wait their turn? Kudos to Karma for showing up . . . :D You know, we've had one experience like that, waiting in a HUGE line to get back to FW the one and only time we've stayed there. I know it's an exercise in patience for both kids and adults. You weathered it well!

The water mice always look so fun - maybe this is the year we finally hop aboard. Your family did so many things today - WOW! Glad your dinner at Cali Grill was awesome! Thanks for yet another great report! :mickey:

castlelady36
06-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Ha Ha!! Love the line cutters!! Makes waiting in the line worth it to see that happen.....lol.....

faline
06-27-2008, 06:51 PM
What a lot you did!

Sounds like Clyde's family ended up exactly where they needed to be!

pdrlkr
06-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

#1disneyfan
06-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Thanks for sharing!

dolphinmickey9170
06-28-2008, 12:53 PM
I am extremely tired just reading about all the things you accomplished today.

I am so happy to hear that justice was served and Miss Attitude had to eat crow. :cloud9:

I love your food choices for today. These are two of our favorite restaurants. CG is a fabulous establishment. We truly enjoy it every time.

Thanks for sharing!!:mickey:

daparish
06-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Love CG. Can't believe the line cutters....so rude. Glad you had a great day at MK.:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
07-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Very satisfying to have Disney Karma get the line cutters in the end! :thumbsup: Sounds like another really wonderful day for your family, especially your dinner. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

DizNee143
07-01-2008, 12:09 PM
haha..that story about the line cutters is great!!
a real classic!! they got what they deserved!
other than that...another great day!! :mickey:

wendy*darling
07-01-2008, 08:43 PM
I can't wait to get back to the California Grill in September! It is such a wonderful meal. I am so glad you all enjoyed it.

It sounds like Clyde and Clan had a Magical Moment! :secret: