PDA

View Full Version : Your Best TS Lunch Experience in WDW?

Lightnin McQueen
06-27-2008, 05:37 AM
Hello my friends and hope you are all well.

Now . . . we are on the DDP for our upcoming 2 week vacation to WDW in August. We have 3 unallocated TS credits and need your help in spending them.

So . . . where have you had the best TS lunch experience in WDW?

Here is a list of our current ADR's;

- Breakfast at WCC at WL
- CB at Chef Mickeys
- Lunch at Sci-Fi

. . . and dinner ADR's at;

- WCC at WL
- Le Cellier
- Wolfgang Pucks
- Fultons
- Boma
- H&V at Studios
- 50's PT
- Hoop De Doo Revue
- Ohana's

Look forward to hearing about your experinces and reccomendations.

Lightnin

Lightnin McQueen
06-27-2008, 05:43 AM
P.S. we are a family of 3 and our DS is 15.

Lightnin

RALPH
06-27-2008, 06:12 AM
Might I suggest Tepan Edo at the Japan Pavillion in Epcot? It is hibatchi style dinning, a big stir fry. Something there for everyone, grilled shrimp, chicken, beef, veggies, etc. The chefs put on a nice show, which makes for an enjoyable lunch.

I remember we brought my MIL there. She was so afraid, thinks sushi, and other odd foods. Was she surprised! None of that. Now she wants to go back! We have met some real nice people there as you sit with other people at the table of 8 or so people. A nice place!

We wll be there in August too!. When ya going!

Lightnin McQueen
06-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the reply and we'll be there from Aug 10th through to 24th stopping at WL.

How about you?

one2goofy
06-27-2008, 08:21 AM
My favorite lunch in WDW has to be the Grand Floridian Cafe. We had time to kill before we had to leave for the airport, so we tried it out! I'm not sure if it was because my DD's (ages 2 & 4) were so good while we were there, but the tuna sandwich and french onion soup were delicious!! We had the yummiest desserts too.

It was a nice break to walk around the GF and soak in the atmosphere there. You could take the monorail or boat from MK to get there.

Now, if you asked my DD's (now ages 6 & 7), they would still say the Crystal Palace with Pooh and Friends. (Even my 16 year old niece had a great time there).

Good luck with your decision!

ElenitaB
06-27-2008, 08:25 AM
How about Trail's End Buffet at Ft. Wilderness for lunch one day? You could head back to WL from there and have a nice, restive afternoon at the pool.

I know you didn't ask, but when on the DDP, we tend not to use our TS credits for lunch. We save them for dinner when you get a bigger "bang" for your credit.

DisneyLove
06-27-2008, 09:52 AM
My family and I really enjoy the Plaza in MK for lunch. It's more soups/salads/sandwiches, which we like for lunch rather than more dinner-esque food. The tomato bisque there is delicious!

Also, as a previous poster mentioned, the Grand Floridian Cafe has a very nice lunch- we very much enjoyed it.

Olivia's Cafe at OKW does a nice lunch too.

Katie

Cathy S
06-27-2008, 10:02 AM
We had a lovely lunch at the Rose & Crown on the terrace. Were not sure we would like English Food (heard it was bland and tasteless) and figured what the hey it was lunch. Were very surprised to find it delicous. It has new become a favorite (For dinner during Illuminations). In fact any restaurant you've never tried is a good idea for lunch.

cinderellagrl
06-27-2008, 05:16 PM
after a morning at epcot we love to have a nice lunch in the park. We normally wait until about an hour before we are ready to eat and call up disney dinning to see if anything is available for somewhere in the world showcase. The past three trips we have been able to get into the tutti italiano twice, and san angel once, calling just about an hour before we were seated! Usually lunch seems to be pretty free!

Tinkerbellfan
06-27-2008, 07:11 PM
We have had great lunches at Kona Cafe, Wispering Canyon and the restaurant in the Japan pavillion. We also had a good lunch at Le Cellier.

Have fun deciding!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-27-2008, 08:10 PM
We had lunch at the Garden Grill in Epcot and really enjoyed it...all you can eat, and good character interaction (we're character fans...even as adults).

beksy
06-28-2008, 09:05 AM
We usually do CS for lunch but one day we did eat a late lunch at the Garden Grill and thought it was fantastic (one of the best meals we've had in WDW). The food was good, fresh, and plentiful and our server was great. Also the character interaction was the best of any character meal we've been to. I'd definitely recommend it.

Lightnin McQueen
06-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks for all of your ideas. At the moment I think it's a tie between Teppan Edo and Garden Grill. Still not sure though :confused: . . .

I'll continue to ponder? any other suggestions?

Natazu
07-01-2008, 03:06 AM
You have some really fun places on your list.
For lunch, Garden Grill is pretty good, also consider Coral Reef, Marrakesh, and Rose & Crown.

Dinners, I highly recommend Kona, California Grill, or Flying Fish (maybe instead of Fulton's).

brownie
07-01-2008, 10:28 AM
I'd recommend Rose & Crown or the Garden Grill. I'd probably lean towards eating outside at the Rose & Crown if it's nice outside.

mom2morgan
07-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Where are you planning to be on the days you eat those meals? I'm thinking you don't really want to travel from one park to another, or from a park to a distant resort, just for lunch. I think both the ones you are looking at so far are at Epcot? Does that fit with your plans , or are you looking for something at/near another park as well?

GoldenDreams
07-01-2008, 08:50 PM
We love the Restaurant Marrakesh for lunch. Although we've always made reservations, the place has never been full, so I'm sure you could get in.

I like the Sultan's Sampler which gives you two yummy appetizers, a chicken kabob, and vegetable couscous. These are all of my favorite things right on one plate!

My husband isn't a fan of couscous, so he asks for rice instead. My son gets spaghetti & meatballs from the kids menu.

We go here every trip because we love the food and we can't get this at home. If you aren't familiar with Moroccan food, I think it is a bit like Greek food.

Lightnin McQueen
07-02-2008, 06:20 AM
Thanks for all of your suggestions, lots of great ideas and places for us to dine, excellent :thumbsup:

'Mom2Morgan', thanks for your question and assistance. We're visiting each of the 4 WDW parks, DTD and Boardwalk several times during our 2 week trip so we can accomodate any reccomendations you have on the specific days we plan to be in the parks.

I'll take your TS lunch reccomendation and book it into our schedule on whatever day we happen to be at that location.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

Lightnin