PDA

View Full Version : Day 6-Our LAST vacation with family

princessjojo
06-26-2008, 11:40 PM
So last night we were out late. All week Robin & her family have moaned & groaned about how tired they were. We decided to sleep in today, for a while anyway. We get up shower & dress around 10am and they’re gone. Did they wake us, no; Did they wait for us, no; Anything, no. Am I upset? Heck no!!! This means my family gets a day to ourselves and plan to make the most of it. She did me a favor and didn’t even know it!

We decided to go back to DHS and try to ride Toy Story again. We were surprisingly quick to get dress and out. We were at the park before 10:45. We ended up with FPs to Toy Story, but decided to take our chances with the single rider line. It took us 10 min. max and we ended up riding together in 2 cars. Who would have guessed?

This day, so far, so good.

How fun was that. It was nothing like Buzz Lightyear. It is now by far my favorite ride at DHS. So much fun!!! I scored over 68,000 and thought it was a pretty good score. That was until I saw that 311,000 was the high score for the month. Oh well, 68,000 was my high score. I did have 57% accuracy which I was quite pleased with, considering. Oh, it was so fun, I wanted to do it again, right then, but the wait at that time was 60 min and there was more to see for the day. We went to Back Lot to eat again, then despair hit. Gray had lost his phone. But he just had it before we got on the ride, so that left only one place it could be. Back to Toy Story I went, and guess what. They had it!!!

This day is so good.

Since we just did the studios 2 days ago, there was no hurry to do anything except RnR. But the bottom fell out and the rain poured. You could see the clouds coming, but it was like the heavens just opened up and let it all fall. And that was another good thing. The park cleared and Toy Story was down to 10 min stand by. Here goes our 2nd ride. High score—112,000 with 48%. This is too good. I love this ride!!! Gray & Colbey rode together and argued over who did better. One had a higher score, the other higher accuracy. Trying to tell them they both won on different levels, well that doesn’t work. The score was all that mattered and Gray was on this basis the clear winner. Yeah, Gray! Afterwards the rain had slowed enough for us to make a 4:45adr at Brown Derby. Yes, it was all I could get since the day before at the last minute Robin cancelled on me. I had the fish, Jeff the porterhouse & the boys had the pork chops. It was good, but worth 2T, I think not. The atmosphere was just too stuffy for our family, especially in wet park clothes. The best part of the dinner was the vanilla bean crème brule. It was out of this world. And I want more, but my shorts were telling me no. Tonight anyway, the shorts won.

We finished our dinner, we decided to meander over to MK for EMH. Colbey & Gray love the Spectro Magic Parade and I cry every time I watch Wishes. Jeff, well he only wanted good pictures, but I think he’s finally come around and has a special place in his heart for Wishes as well. We picked our spot and got comfortable. The circle is a great place for people watching and you’ll see just about anything. There was a man & his ?spouse? setting up their tripod near us. Anytime anyone came near them, especially in front with kids, they would mumble loudly to them, and then ask them to move out of their camera’s way. The first time or two, it didn’t mean anything to me, but after watching them do this for nearly an hour and seeing how rude they were, many times to visitors to our country, it was embarrassing. What was the kicker though was when the gentleman felt it necessary to move in front of DH and get comfortable. It was obvious we were trying to take pictures as well. Jeff & I looked at each other for a while, wondering why he felt it necessary to get families out of his way, but could get comfortable in our camera’s way. Lucky for the man it wasn’t me, Jeff walked over and politely said to him, “You asked several families to move so you could take your pictures. You are standing in our way so now do you mind moving so I can take my own?” He looked insulted, as if he didn’t know what to say, but stepped to the other side of his family’s space, but was visibly not happy about it. Again, Jeff to the rescue. I have little patience for those who present themselves as entitled to inconvenience others. Jeff stopped me from making a fool of myself.

The parade was wonderful, as usual. Gray & Colbey love seeing Captain Hook and Peter Pan. Wishes made me cry again.

Since it was EMH we decided to hit some of the rides. Can you say PERFECT!!! Shortly after park closing and EMH began the lines disappeared. The boys had been dying to ride the Indy cars so we did. We waited maybe 10 minutes. So not the usual and why we hadn’t ridden it during the day. Once off, the boys rode again. Riding twice in maybe 30 minutes will never happen during the day hours, so they took advantage of this opportunity. I love watching the boys have so much fun. You can’t pay money for that feeling you get watching your kids just laugh recklessly and as if no one is watching. This is what I have been waiting for our whole trip, that look of unconditional joy and happiness a child should have on their face as they grow.

It was a beautiful day. No one got upset, no one raised their voice. We laughed, joked, and just enjoyed each others company.:cloud9:

Again, we get back late, shower, and hit the bed pooped again. Will we ever learn? Side note: Sis let me know she’s leaving for a couple days going to her SIL’s home. But we have confirmed, paid for up front ressies at HDDR tomorrow so you will be there right? We’ll see.

KylesMom
06-27-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm so happy for you and your family that the day was "right" - even with the rain. Good riddance to DSis, let the joy and magic LIVE for the duration of your trip! :mickey: I can't imagine she'd have alot of fun at HDD anyway - as long as you didn't have to pay for it!

mommy2maddi
06-27-2008, 05:52 PM
so glad to hear you had a better day with just your family today. I have considered taking a wdw trip with several family members as you did but was worried about exactly what you dealt with. i don't think i will ever do it now.
hope the rest of the trip goes good. can't wait to read more!!!:)

faline
06-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Sounds like your whole family enjoyed having the day without the extended family! Fun day!

pdrlkr
06-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

#1disneyfan
06-27-2008, 11:51 PM
Sounds like your family had a great day!

Thanks for sharing.

KineGirl
06-27-2008, 11:59 PM
ahhh :cloud9: Finally the magical day you've been waiting for! How awesome for you to see your boys have so much fun and experiencing such pure happiness! And what cold heart cant be melted by Wishes???

when you wish upon a star... gets me teary every time.

I agree about Brown Derby too - not a terrible restaurant but nothing for me to write home about either (besides the Cobb salad which is still not worth 2TS)

Im hoping Dsis shows up to HDDR

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2008, 03:22 PM
That sounded like THE BEST day so far. I agree with your title...."last" family vacation. Your family obviously had a much better day without the stress.

As for HDDR, if she doesn't show...make her pay you back for the fee you would be charged. Or, upon check in....let them know that those who didn't show became ill and were not able to attend, they might just reimburse you....it worked for us once when something came up and two folks weren't able to join our dinner at Aloha.

Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

tinkerbell04
07-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Wow, the whole tone of the day today has totally changed! I am so glad that you were able to get some alone time as a family. From the sounds of your vacation so far, it might be worth the charge for her missing HDDR!

ChipnDaleGal
07-03-2008, 08:33 AM
I am glad that you were able to have such a fun adn stress free day with your family. Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

Lizzie
07-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Sounds like a great day.

RocknBev
07-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a fabulous day...even in the rain!