PDA

View Full Version : Renting Chevy Trailblazer, question...

disney323
06-26-2008, 08:49 PM
I have a question...
We currently have a reservation for a Chevy Trailblazer (or similar) for our upcoming trip to Disney. I'm not so sure it will be big enough. There will be 3 adults and 1 toddler. We will have his carriage (which is on the bigger side), 3 large suitcases, and 3 carryon's and we plan to stop at Wal-mart on the way to shop. We'd love to do a minivan but can't see paying over $500! Do you think the trailblazer will accommodate us? I've never seen inside one. Thanks for your input.
~Andrea

r4kids
06-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Trailblazers are quite large. You should be fine. You will most likely be paying a large amount to fill it up though. Try to figure out your gas needs and go from there. You can most likely get a midsize/large car and be good to. Are you driving alot?

DestinationWDW
06-26-2008, 10:25 PM
The trailblazer should be large enough, but you could always pickup a soft car top carrier about 40 bucks at walmart and they are very easy to mount on any luggage rack. Or you can always request the extend version of the trailblazer. That is if they have one, one question though minivans are the same size as the trailblazer why would it be more expensive.

DizneyRox
06-27-2008, 05:49 AM
That is if they have one, one question though minivans are the same size as the trailblazer why would it be more expensive.
Supply and demand...

Dyanna
06-27-2008, 10:04 AM
I own a Trailblazer & it is amazing as what you can fit in there. I have 3 DD's one of whom is still in a carseat & large size stroller & still have enough room for groceries. Just take the suitcases, lie them down & stack on top of them.

Mickey'sGirl
06-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Yes it should be big enough. I drive a Trailblazer, and we have used it to drive to Florida several times since our youngest DS was 6 months old (there are 4 of us) ... including a pack 'n' play, stroller toys, diapers water .... you get the idea. Have fun! :mickey:

AirlineGuy07
06-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Try Thrifty. We are renting a mini-van with them in Dec for around $220.00. The only downside is that you will have to take a shuttle to an off airport location.

disney323
06-27-2008, 02:32 PM
Wow, thanks for all the replies. I feel confident in keeping the reservation for the Trailblazer now. We will use it to travel to and from the airport as well as 1 day at Universal Studios, then maybe to a few parks, like DTD or whatever. I am sure gas will be $5 by then. Ugh! Thanks again!