PDA

View Full Version : Counter Service Reviews June 15-16-17

tinkerbell04
06-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Here are the reviews of the counter service meals that we enjoyed over a few days in June. We were on the dining plan and had 2 children and 4 adults.

June 15th-Wolfgang Puck Express-This was the first time that we were there since the remodel. The seating was great and there were plenty of tables. The kids both got chicken fingers and the chicken fingers here are so good! They are coated with panko crumbs and are just delicious! The chicken fingers came with fries and one ordered a cookie for dessert and one got an apple. for adults we had one margherita pizza, one rustic pizza, one bar-b-que chicken salad and one chicken foccacio sandwich. All of us got the creme brulee for dessert. The mango tea has been replace with tropical tea, although it didn't really taste any different to me! We were served our food quickly and the attendant offered to refill our drinks and even got us to go cups when we were finished. He was so great, we gave him a nice tip when we left. Everyone agreed that this place really is the best counter service place! We eat here at least once a trip and have never been disappionted.

June 16th-Catalina Eddie's- This place was a first try for us. The outdoor seating was covered and the ceiling fans made it quite comfortable. The kids had chicken fingers and pizza with chocolate chip cookies and the adults had burgers and chicken ceasar salads with carrott cake and chocolate cake. The food here was really good and we were pleased with this offering. We usually skip CS at DHS since the choices are a little weaker here then in other parks, but this food was good. The only thing that was a little bit of a pain is that one of us had to go in the burger line and one had to go in the pizza and salad line. We all finished at the same time though and there were plenty of seats.

June 17th-Columbia Harbor House- This was the first time that we have been here since the menu was changed. My MIL and I ordered the chicken BLT salad and it was really good. The others had the tuna and the chicken and fish basket. The kids got some kind of chicken, maybe with a salad, I can't remember. For desserts we got yogurt and apple crisps. There were plenty of seats here around 12:30 and the food was great as usual. This too is one of our must do's every trip.

Thanks for reading!

SBETigg
06-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Thanks for reporting! :thumbsup: Columbia Harbour House is a favorite for us. Wolfgang Puck Express sounds good, too.

hubbyofadisneyholic
06-27-2008, 10:58 PM
I agree with your praise of Wolfgang Puck's.
We ate lunch there for the first time this past Tuesday before flying home.
MY daughter and I are pretty picky and were both pleasantly surprised at the food and the service.
Getting a last refill in a to-go cup was a very nice touch.
Will definitely eat there again!!

Columbia Harbor House has been one of our favorites for years...kind of disappointed by the switch from the large chicken strips to the nuggests, but the quality and taste were still quite good.

beksy
06-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the report. We haven't tried any of those yet but I'm thinking that Wolfgang Puck's needs to be tried on our next trip. It sounds yummy! Is it on the DDP?

Texas Tinkerbell Too
06-28-2008, 11:23 AM
You mentioned tipping the staff at Wolgang Puck Express. But, this is a counterservice? I am a little confused. :confused:

We are wanting to try this when we go to DisneyQuest for the first time this year. I know they have a TS. However, it appears there is like 3 different Wolgang's (Wolgang Puck Cafe, Wolgang Puck Cafe Express, Wolfgang Puck Express?)

Can you clarify? I would like to know where is the one with DDP counterservice?

Thank you for the reviews by the way.

dolphinmickey9170
06-28-2008, 11:49 AM
I know they have a TS. However, it appears there is like 3 different Wolgang's (Wolgang Puck Cafe, Wolgang Puck Cafe Express, Wolfgang Puck Express?)

This is the Wolf Gang Puck Cafe (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/downtown/wolfgangcafe.asp)which serves Lunch and Dinner and is a 1TS credit. There is also Wolfgang Puck "The Dining Room" which is upstairs and, correct me if I'm wrong, I belive it isn't on the DDP. These two are on the West side of DtD.

This is the Wolfgang Puck Express (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/downtown/wolfgangexpress.asp) which serves Lunch and Dinner and is a CS credit. This one is at the Market place.

They both have a children's menu as well.

If a CS restaurant CM assists me with things such as refills and such, I tip them as well. A service done well deserves a tip!

I hope this helps.

Danielle, thanks for the reviews.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-28-2008, 02:15 PM
Wolfgang express is probably the best food and value for your CS credit. We go every trip and love it. Harbor House is always a must do for us also. I have never been to Catalina's but after your review I will consider it because we leave in four weeks. Thanks for the reviews.

Ropachs
06-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Thank you for your reviews! Wolfgang is on our list now...

JMTStone
06-28-2008, 03:33 PM
I recommend the BBQ Chicken Quesadilla. YUMMY!!!!! DH had the BBQ Chicken Sandwich and DD had a salad, but she ended up eating some of my Quesadilla. There was a LOT of food for CS credit. We did tip our wait staff. Even though its CS, they bring you the meal after you order (put a number on your table) and refill drinks for you.

I almost forgot.... Brownies with chips are YUMMY too!!!

Texas Tinkerbell Too
06-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the clarification on all the Wolfgang's. This sounds like a great use of a counterservice credit.

That is nice that they bring your food to you. And, I have no problem tipping these folks either.

tinkerbell04
06-28-2008, 08:49 PM
You mentioned tipping the staff at Wolgang Puck Express. But, this is a counterservice? I am a little confused. :confused:

We are wanting to try this when we go to DisneyQuest for the first time this year. I know they have a TS. However, it appears there is like 3 different Wolgang's (Wolgang Puck Cafe, Wolgang Puck Cafe Express, Wolfgang Puck Express?)

Thank you for the reviews by the way.

There are actually 2 Wolfgang Expresses and 2 Wolfgang restaurants as well. There is one next to the full service restaurant on the West Side and one in the Marketplace on the opposite end. I am not sure if the west side express location is on the DDP or not. We always dine at the location that is on the Marketplace end by the Christmas Store, it is one counter service credit per person, but after you order they give you a number and they bring you your order as it is completed.

The full service restaurant takes one table service credit if you eat downstairs, the upstairs dining room isn't on the plan at all.

Does this help any?

andmomlau
06-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Thanks for reporting on CS meals. We are returning in Aug. and since we have 1 or 2 dinners that will take 2 on the DDP, we are trying to find some good CS options. Just wondering, where is the Columbia Harbor House? I'm not familiar with that one!

tinkerbell04
06-29-2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks for reporting on CS meals. We are returning in Aug. and since we have 1 or 2 dinners that will take 2 on the DDP, we are trying to find some good CS options. Just wondering, where is the Columbia Harbor House? I'm not familiar with that one!

It is in Liberty Square in the Magic Kingdom at the end by Haunted Mansion almost in Fantasyland.