PDA

View Full Version : Table Service Reviews June 14-15-16

tinkerbell04
06-26-2008, 04:34 PM
Just wanted to give our reviews of the table service places we dined in during our stay. We were on the DDP.

June 14th, LeCellier, ADR Time 7 pm, arrived at 7 on the dot, seated within minutes of our arrival. We were a party of 4 adults and 2 children. We ordered 2 of the new york strip steaks with mashed potatoes instead of the roasted potatoes and 2 of the mushroom filets. My FIL ordered a salad, but it never was served and it wasn't on the bill, so it turned out to be fine.The kids had pasta. The meals were served very quickly and were cooked to order. The kids enjoyed the pasta. For dessert we ordered a sorbet, a creme brulee, a chocolate whiskey cake and a chocolate moose, the kids each got the build your own sundae. We were pleased with our meal, however, the service was mediocre. Our server had to be stopped several times for refills. He never came back to ask if the meal was ok. The manager was actually walking around and asked us how everything was and we told him about the refills and lack of attention and he actually got the refills for us! The tip was put onto our bills and we were easily able to pay the tip portion in cash. All in all, we were pleased with our meal,but certainly have had better service here in the past.

Sunday, June 15th-Maya Grill-ADR time 7:30, arrived at 7:25 and were seated immediately. This has been a favorite of ours for some time, however, the lack luster service was going to continue tonight. Javier our server really was unacceptable. We were seated and proceeded to wait 10 minutes before walking back to the hostess stand to ask about a waiter. When he came, he wanted us to order our drinks, dinner and desserts immediately. We asked about the fish of the day and he was able to tell us that it was kingfish. He was waiting on two other tables that were seated after us and they already had their drinks before we were even recognized. Our meal consisted of 2 new york strips and 2 steak and fish meals. The kids each had mozzarella sticks and chicken fingers. The meals were wonderful as we had have in the past. However, Javier continued to neglect us. I know that for dessert we got at least 2 creme brulees, but I can't remember what my FIL or my DH got! After dessert was served we waited for our bill while the other two tables were long gone. The tip was not automatically added onto the bill this evening as it was last night, so we tipped accordingy to the quality of service. The food here is delicious, but the service was so poor that I don't think we will be back here for our next trip.

June 16-Wolfgang Puck Cafe-ADR Time 7:30, arrived at 7:20 and were seated immediately. I am happy to say that the service here was better then the past two nights. Our server was attentive and we were very pleased with our experience. We ordered salads to start and did receive them this time, they were on a separate bill at the end of the meal. Our meals consisted of a veal dish, a chicken alfredo, a steak and a macadamia nut and panko crusted chicken breast. The kids got chicken fingers and pizza. The food was the BEST meal of the week! Everything was delicious. My nephew's pizza was pretty burned on the bottom, but it was quickly replaced with a new one. For dessert we had the creme brulee, 2 cheesecakes, and a chocolate mud pie. The kids had the ice cream sundaes again! When we arrived, my in-laws must have told the hostess that it was my birthday because when dessert was served, there was an extra piece of cake, some kind of molten chocolate cake, with a candle in it for me. Everyone sang happy birthday, it was very nice. This will be on our must do list from here on out.

dephenn
06-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Sorry to hear about the poor service, but don't let a couple of lousy waiters stop you from going to your favorite places. The odds of getting them again should be pretty slim. It's to bad that the tip was included in the the bill on the first night, I agree that the tip should reflect the service, now that it is no longer included with the DDP.

SBETigg
06-26-2008, 06:10 PM
Danielle, great reviews. Thanks! We had good meals but not great service at Le Cellier, too. I haven't tried the other two, but Wolfgang Puck Cafe is on my list for a future visit.

chicade88
06-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks for your reviews! We ate at the Maya Grill and while it was really good, we also had poor service (from another server than the one you mentioned). I wonder if this is a common experience there?

tinkerbell04
06-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks for your reviews! We ate at the Maya Grill and while it was really good, we also had poor service (from another server than the one you mentioned). I wonder if this is a common experience there?
I hope not! I think that their food there is really good and we in the past have had excellent service. Their service is one of the things that we liked so much. That place is a hardly ever packed and I think that contributed to their attentive service. However, it wasn't packed when we were there last week either, so I guess that blows my theory! :)